Sign in to follow this  
meyerc13

Western as a sub forum?

With the new Lone Ranger licensed theme, my interest in Western has been ignited. I found it really difficult to find the sporadic western topics in the Historical forum. I'm wondering if it would be possible to create a sub forum for Western under Historical.

Historically, there isn't much connection between castle and western... and from an MOC perspective, I don't think they have a lot in common either. I also think more Western discussion would be ignited if the western topics, MOCs, and reviews were easier to find. It's even worse now with MOCs showing up in historical while The Lone Ranger is in licensed, there have been some great MOCs in historical that seem to have been overlooked by TLR fans.

I like that idea. However I wonder how much longer we will be seeing an influx of Western MOCs, since MOCS tend to be connected to themes, the current theme is Lone Ranger, Lone Ranger is connected to the fate of the movie; and so far the movie's box office is not looking pretty. Here is hoping TLC makes their own western theme someday soon!

I'm afraid a dedicated Western forum would be too small to be active enough. Typically new (sub)forums are only created if a certain theme/topic takes over a large part of an existing forum and is expected to do so over an extended period of time. That's why a subforum was recently created for Heroica, for example, but there probably won't be a dedicated forum for themes like LOTR or Western.

It would be stupid from LEGO to not connect western to there theme line again, the only thing is that the licensed sets are more expensive... But yesterday my wife and I built the old western sets that we got from ebay some years ago, what struck me is that they were some of the only fine sets from 1997 when LEGO brought about there stupid cars with large bricks and eventually moved towards jack stone etc. Those are very neat sets aren't they?! LEGO should consider more themes like that. Too bad they did not use the fabulous western cuusoo set idea until now.

"The Modular Western Town project conflicts with an ongoing project at the LEGO Group. As a result, the project does not meet the business case requirements and it has not passed the LEGO Review.", they might however consider it when lone ranger is over... The Lone Ranger line is only meant for one line of sets I think: it includes the most important things from the movie afaik.