Sign in to follow this  
anglezoo

Fishing/merchant ship The Lucky Peter

Since most of you seemed to enjoy my previous ship, here is another:

The Lucky Peter, which originally started life as an experiment, went on to be a merchant vessel, but ended up as a fishing boat since i had more crabs, shellfish, fish and nets than merchandise...True to my ways, she has no non lego elements, which has started to become a bit of a problem since lego string/rope is incredibly hard to come by in the quantities one needs to make rigging etc, so I may have to abandon this. She is based on the white bases with the annoying blue strip (what a nuicance), but that colour is similar to that found in many Mediterrannean ships. I have tried to make the bow as realistic as possible, with the stern though I just got a bit frustrated by the lack of pieces and just did what I could with what I had. I am quite miffed by the fact that most of us (including myself) build mighty frigates and ships-of the-line and pirate galleons but won't make anything for the larger ships to protect or attack... All comments good and bad are welcome. Click images below or go to link.

img_5147.jpg_thumb.jpg

img_5149.jpg_thumb.jpg

img_5150.jpg_thumb.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=442189

Edited by anglezoo

It looks superb. I really like this one, although it is small, it fits well with being a fishing boat. Only thing i would try to do is maybe replace the treasure chests with normal crates, or maybe take the lids off and i think it will fit in better.

I might have to build something like this someday soon :pir-sweet:

Well done, this is quite the beautiful little ship, using one of my favorite hulls! Good work, and keep bricking :thumbup:

hey, i was just thinking and for some reason and idea for this boat came into my mind... if you want to get a little more floor space you should build some kind of rig to hols one of the crates in the air... like suspend it from a mast somehow, and posiibly use one of the cargo nest and there is two less crates of deck space right there :pir-classic:

:thumbup: you build very good ships :thumbup:

this sloop is looks very usefull, but I want to ask, where is the helm of this boat? :pir-laugh:

I like this one a lot. The sails are very cleverly done. The barrels filled with goods are great! :pir-classic: My only complaint is the lack of ship's wheel.

My other complaint, not concerning the MOC itself - you should REALLY resize those images! They're WAY too big! :imperialguard_commander1: