subtlegoalie

Liverpool Store Grand Opening

Hi all,

sorry if this is in the wrong place or is a repeat I had a search around and couldn't find any information already on here so I hope I'm not repeating anyone!

Just to let all you UK'ers who are closer to Liverpool than the other stores, the Grand Opening is Friday 9th, Saturday 10th and Sunday 11th September with special gifts with purchases over £20.

All the info is on the website as follows :

The LEGO Store in Liverpool is celebrating its opening with a 3 day Grand Opening event and is looking for your help to build the biggest LEGO display inspired by your favourite Liverpool landmarks!

In addition everyone who attends can enter our raffle and guess the number of bricks in the giant display for the chance to win an exclusive LEGO set!

Plus the first 300 customers to shop for £20 on Friday will receive a LEGO City Police Motorcycle and the first to spend £20 on Saturday will receive a 'limited edition' LEGO minifigure t-shirt with purchase exclusively designed for the opening days. The first 300 customers to shop for £20 on Sunday will receive a unique and exclusive set of minifigures.

Just thought I'd mention it in case some people hadn't seen the website recently!

Also, if anyone hasn't been yet the store has been open just over a week and is well worth a visit!!

Jen

Since you've been, could you advise me on:

What is the PAB like? Are there many tan pieces?

What is the BAM like?

When do they normally have the MMMB?

I won't be able to make it on the Sunday, can anyone help out and get me the minifigs?

Cheers

I might spontaneously materialise in Liverpool on the Sunday, I'm curious about these minifigures. (Probably the Beatles or something.)

I might spontaneously materialise in Liverpool on the Sunday, I'm curious about these minifigures. (Probably the Beatles or something.)

I'd say it's more likely to be something like this. Nonetheless, enjoy your new store!

Since you've been, could you advise me on:

What is the PAB like? Are there many tan pieces?

What is the BAM like?

When do they normally have the MMMB?

PAB has quite a lot of colours but only standard bricks really, not many speciality items (the most special it gets are the little clear slanted 1x1 pieces, if that makes sense, and roof tiles! Hoping to get more in the coming weeks though). We do have some steering wheels, tiny benches, windshields, flagpoles/car antanae and some tires and wheels but that dont fit the chassis that are there *huh* There is a lot of 2x1 tan plates and some standard bricks but I cant remember what size exactly, I am going in later today so will find out for you.

The BAM is extremely popular so its advised to arrive as soon as the store opens, its quiet for about the 1st hour on a weekday (school holidays, dont know what it'll be like when kids go back) and half an hour to an hour of a weekend. I imagine the grand opening will pull in a large crowd from early on so anyone visiting for a look at the BAM would be best arriving early.

As for parts, the heads are pretty standard with a few different faces: glasses, smiles, beards and then there was the odd skeleton head and also a blue masked wrestler head which had a matching body and legs, he was quite popular and there's not much of him left!

The bodies again are all present in great numbers so nothing seems too scarce, theres shirts and ties, blazers, plaid shirts, space pilot bodies, and some plain colours as well.

Legs tend to be just a solid colour the last few days, though there are some cheerleader legs and desert island style legs which are printed. Also, a few skirts have appeared in brown and black but not many.

The accessories are the most exciting part I think, we've had bananas, halberds, samurai swords, briefcases, laptops, fairy wands, pneumatic drills, handcuffs and shiny metallic swords to name just a few! The weapons(especially the shiny swords) go super quick so again, the early bird gets the worm!

I think the MMMB is on the 2nd thursday of every month, but again will double check that when I'm instore later on.

I'd say it's more likely to be something like this. Nonetheless, enjoy your new store!

Yeah were pretty sure theyre just gonna have the black t shirts with lego store liverpool on them but a set of the beatles would be too amazing for words!

Jen

What's the nearest train station to the shopping centre? I'm looking at train tickets, perhaps even a hotel.

You get an intercity choochoo to Liverpool Lime street Main line station, then it's a reasonably short walk downhill through the city centre to the Liverpool one complex. through a couple of streets and past some lovely buildings. Liverpool is a fairly small city. or at least the centre is. there's a couple of cheap hotels on the dock road not that far from Liverpool one.

Edited by Brickenhead-town-dweller

There was a bit of discussion about it here when it had first opened

My link

I'd be in agreement that the standard lego store opening figures seem to be a 3 pack (like the B-A-M)with printed Liverpool 2012 torsos and some liverpool related picture in the pack. Nice to get if you can.

The PAB is exactly as described above, standard pieces in a range of colours (including the newer lime and tan) and didn't seem to generate much interest.

The B-A-M was populat and far too small! Didn't see any of the chrome swords or skirts that were mentioned above but I was there in the afternoon. Lots of series1 ninja/caveman/cheerleader/indian/wrestler heads, torsos, legs and headpieces. And £3.50 for 3 figures I thought was pretty good.

Managed to get a reservation at the International Inn; just about everything else that's affordable is fully-booked. How many people are going to be at this thing?!

One should be able to grab a collection of parts from the BAM section if they don't want to build figures: at Bluewater they do five parts for 1.25.

I guess it's just this weekend thing. With Liverpool being a very touristy place it's quite obvious people want to enjoy the last days of sunshine. Great you made it though! I hope it will be worth it :D

Tomorrow were getting 3 Beatles minifigures. The reason they're not including a forth is for licensing issues, apparently...

That's pretty cool. I doubt any Liverpudlian AFOLs would be too disappointed with three as long as they miss out Ringo Starr. Although, at least you don't need secateurs to take the head off a minifig :laugh: .

Tomorrow were getting 3 Beatles minifigures.

Thank you. :sweet: Unfortunately I'm guessing that Lennon will be left out, which would be a mistake!

I'm on the way to Liverpool right now; if I don't get online tonight then I hope to see some of you tomorrow, and good luck being one of the first few customers. I'm going to be there as early as possible, with a dark green jacket, rucksack and camera bag.

Photo of the Grand Opening gift here.

Pretty sure I could've built these from parts I have. Disappointed overall.

It's a shame that you're disappointed but my overwhelming feeling is relief - I was hoping to make it there today but my plans got scuppered. Thanks for the pic :thumbup:

EDIT: The packaging seems pretty poor too - is that just a generic musically themed minifig image? The silhouette on the left looks like it has a mohican :sceptic: !

Edited by Praiter Yed

EDIT: The packaging seems pretty poor too - is that just a generic musically themed minifig image? The silhouette on the left looks like it has a mohican :sceptic: !

The staff said there was only 3 figures because of licensing issues. Probably why the packaging is nondescript also.

Probably the most disappointing things about today: the staff gave out police motorcycles to the first people to queue at the tills, not those at the front of the line outside.

The guy at the store I spoke to yesterday wasn't kidding when he said the figures looked nothing like the Beatles, but they're what I came for. I think the middle figure's hairpiece is the most valuable/rare part.

And now, I will shut up. :facepalm: