Jump to content


Mitgardian Barracks


  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

  • Mitgardia's moccing machine


    Posts: 5401
    Joined: 03-October 11
    Member: 20775
    Country: USA

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:11 PM

This is located in the town Sir Glorfindel rules (I will think of a name soon). Here a  horseman alerts the soldiers that Victor Revolword's Elemental monsters have reached Mitgardia and are destroying towns and cities. As Glorfindel is away Drinian prepares as best he can for an attack. Sending 2 hand picked men to look for Glorfindel (coming soon).

I thought my interior building could use some work so this build was mainly focused on that. I used log bricks for the bulk of the building again, but this time in a  pattern, and all the doors and window shutters open. The light bley tiles show where the cut-away walls would be. I'm quite happy with how this came out, though I think it looks quite a bit better in person. I am going to try and improve my picture-taking, so hopefully in the future that will change  :classic:
Onto some pics:
Posted Image

Any comments or criticism appreciated :classic:

Edited by soccerkid6, 07 June 2013 - 12:43 PM.

Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentlefolk, in the Guilds of Historica
Here is my website: http://brickbuilt.org
My flickr: link
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

#2 mephistopheles

mephistopheles

    Posts: 459
    Joined: 20-January 12
    Member: 24623
    Country: Hungary

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:35 PM

Really cool how you did the interior! Also that horseman there is badass!  :thumbup:
My MOC Page and My Flickr
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
All hail Avalonia!
Lord of Woodward, Champion of Avalonia, Lord High Executioner, Prince of the Forest, Siege Expert
Woodward on Wikipedia

#3 Umbro Stormborn

Umbro Stormborn

    Posts: 30
    Joined: 05-February 12
    Member: 25652

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:49 PM

Awesome work on this. I love the details like the bunk beds and the sword rack.  Also, the guy looking out the window on the second floor's expression is priceless. Great work!

Edited by Umbro Stormborn, 28 June 2012 - 01:50 PM.


#4 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

  • Mitgardia's moccing machine


    Posts: 5401
    Joined: 03-October 11
    Member: 20775
    Country: USA

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:00 PM

@mephistopheles: Thanks, it was fun using my new LOTR pieces with some older stuff  :thumbup:

@Umbro Stormborn: Thank you  :classic: Glad you noticed the guy in the window, took me a while to find a suitable head.
Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentlefolk, in the Guilds of Historica
Here is my website: http://brickbuilt.org
My flickr: link
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

#5 MikeyB

MikeyB

  • Closet Nocturnus Fan


    Posts: 845
    Joined: 15-October 08
    Member: 4147
    Country: USA

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:33 PM

nicely Done.  i really like the path out side the barracks,  looks great in Dark Grey

Also the roof is great as well.  

Good job

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image


Lord Arlindus, Captain of Circardia and the Phoenix Guard, Avalonia Guildsman


#6 turtleman2020

turtleman2020

    Posts: 312
    Joined: 31-December 11
    Member: 23684

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:25 PM

The door looks really good and I like the windows. The walls look outstanding and so does the interior :thumbup:

#7 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

  • Mitgardia's moccing machine


    Posts: 5401
    Joined: 03-October 11
    Member: 20775
    Country: USA

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:14 PM

View PostMikeyB, on 28 June 2012 - 02:33 PM, said:

nicely Done.  i really like the path out side the barracks,  looks great in Dark Grey

Also the roof is great as well.  

Good job

Thanks MikeyB  :classic:  The roof was probably the hardest part so I'm glad you like it.

View Postturtleman2020, on 28 June 2012 - 03:25 PM, said:

The door looks really good and I like the windows. The walls look outstanding and so does the interior :thumbup:

Thank you, happy to hear you like it  :classic:
Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentlefolk, in the Guilds of Historica
Here is my website: http://brickbuilt.org
My flickr: link
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

#8 Jakon

Jakon

    Posts: 230
    Joined: 24-December 11
    Member: 23492
    Country: USA

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:50 PM

Great build, love the roof, also, your horseman has the same head as my sig:)
The posing is great btw!
Lord Jakon Rytight
Leader of the Iron Rangers, Frost Berserker
Founder of the Frozen Peaks Trading company
Posted Image

#9 de Gothia

de Gothia

  • Still really, really, REALLY wants to join Nocturnus.


    Posts: 1852
    Joined: 25-May 11
    Member: 18035
    Country: Sweden

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:23 PM

I think I say this in every moc you create... but I say it again! This is the best moc you done so far! Love it! The texture on the walls are great and I love the snow on the roof. White tiles on brown jumpers?

Great job!

de Gothia of Avalonia



My Flickr


#10 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

  • Mitgardia's moccing machine


    Posts: 5401
    Joined: 03-October 11
    Member: 20775
    Country: USA

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:38 PM

View PostJakon, on 28 June 2012 - 05:50 PM, said:

Great build, love the roof, also, your horseman has the same head as my sig:)
The posing is great btw!

Thank you, hmm maybe I'll include your sig in one of my future MOC seeing as I have the head for him  :thumbup:

View Postde Gothia, on 28 June 2012 - 07:23 PM, said:

I think I say this in every moc you create... but I say it again! This is the best moc you done so far! Love it! The texture on the walls are great and I love the snow on the roof. White tiles on brown jumpers?

Great job!

Thanks de Gothia  :sweet:  The snow is just white tiles on brown plates, in most of the snow splotches I replaced 2 brown 1x4 tiles with a brown 2x4 plate then hooked the white tiles up to that. Everyone always likes snow on the roof, and I can see why as it would be quite boring otherwise  :laugh:
Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentlefolk, in the Guilds of Historica
Here is my website: http://brickbuilt.org
My flickr: link
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

#11 Mike S

Mike S

    Posts: 1457
    Joined: 13-February 12
    Member: 26273
    Country: Florida, USA

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:22 PM

Nice job! Very nice walls, door, windows, roof and interior. But I also really like the cobblestone road. I've been trying different techniques for roads and courtyards but I really like how you did this one!:thumbup: The only criticism would me my dislike for open back buildings. But that aside as I know I am unique in that preference, I think this is probably my second favorite of the MOCs I have seen built by you, the first of course being the bridge.

Come explore the lands of the Guilds of Historica

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image


#12 Legonardo

Legonardo

  • Can't Build With One Arm Tied Behind His Back


    Posts: 2240
    Joined: 04-December 11
    Member: 22773
    Country: Middle Zealand

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:26 AM

Awesome! your building is really improving! not sure I like the yellow windows but it is a very nice build over all.

#13 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

  • Mitgardia's moccing machine


    Posts: 5401
    Joined: 03-October 11
    Member: 20775
    Country: USA

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:03 PM

View PostMikel Kalores, on 28 June 2012 - 10:22 PM, said:

Nice job! Very nice walls, door, windows, roof and interior. But I also really like the cobblestone road. I've been trying different techniques for roads and courtyards but I really like how you did this one!:thumbup: The only criticism would me my dislike for open back buildings. But that aside as I know I am unique in that preference, I think this is probably my second favorite of the MOCs I have seen built by you, the first of course being the bridge.

Thank you  :classic:  Glad you like the road, I tried a few different things but this one seemed to work the best. I can see why you don't like open back buildings, I generally do a hinged back or modular style. But for this build it would have been an awfully small barracks if I hadn't done the open back  :laugh:

View PostLegonardo Davidy, on 29 June 2012 - 02:26 AM, said:

Awesome! your building is really improving! not sure I like the yellow windows but it is a very nice build over all.
Thanks :dsweet:  I tried out some trans white plates for the windows but they blended into the wall to much, and I didn't have nearly enough trans dark green plates  :shrug_oh_well:
Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentlefolk, in the Guilds of Historica
Here is my website: http://brickbuilt.org
My flickr: link
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

#14 Ecclesiastes

Ecclesiastes

  • Master of "da hood"


    Posts: 2113
    Joined: 04-May 11
    Member: 17645
    Country: Holland

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:20 AM

Great job again! Again a lot to love here, like the path, the shutters and the snow on the roof. But the idea of keeping the back is also great, and the interior screams Mitgardia! :thumbup:

Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines | Index of helpful tutorials | Eurobricks FAQ


Posted Image
There's a time for tearing down and a time for building. - Ecclesiastes

My Flickr


#15 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

  • Mitgardia's moccing machine


    Posts: 5401
    Joined: 03-October 11
    Member: 20775
    Country: USA

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:45 PM

View PostEcclesiastes, on 30 June 2012 - 09:20 AM, said:

Great job again! Again a lot to love here, like the path, the shutters and the snow on the roof. But the idea of keeping the back is also great, and the interior screams Mitgardia! :thumbup:

Thanks Ecclesiastes  :sweet: I was quite happy with how the interior turned out  :classic:
Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentlefolk, in the Guilds of Historica
Here is my website: http://brickbuilt.org
My flickr: link
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

#16 Captain Settle

Captain Settle

  • Needs eggs on his face


    Posts: 1356
    Joined: 16-April 12
    Member: 28013
    Country: England

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:50 PM

Great MOC. I love the interior detail, like the beds, and I also like how you did the roof. Good work.
Posted Image Posted Image               Posted Image
Check out my LEGO Space comic, A Brickish Space Comic!
Ravious Bose, Nocturnus ranger, in Guilds of Historica.
Louis Argenshire, Level 1 Knight in Heroica RPG

[url="http://www.eurobrick...ic=85286&st=0"]Posted Image


#17 robuko

robuko

  • Robuko Innovation Kaliphlin


    Posts: 1350
    Joined: 10-December 08
    Member: 4643
    Country: Hong Kong

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:17 PM

The palisade brick exterior is very individual and distinguished looking.  Good job on the shutters and doors, my favourtie part is actually the ground, I think it looks great.  The interior feels pretty bare and cold to me, can we interest you in some tapestries and furs?
:tongue:
Duc LeStrange, Special Envoy of the Petraea General Trading Company, of the Kaliphlin Guild.  
We work for Peace and Prosperity through Commerce.
Posted Image Posted Image  Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#18 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

  • Mitgardia's moccing machine


    Posts: 5401
    Joined: 03-October 11
    Member: 20775
    Country: USA

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:56 PM

View PostCaptain Settle, on 02 July 2012 - 04:50 PM, said:

Great MOC. I love the interior detail, like the beds, and I also like how you did the roof. Good work.

Thanks  :classic: :classic:  


View Postrobuko, on 06 July 2012 - 02:17 PM, said:

The palisade brick exterior is very individual and distinguished looking.  Good job on the shutters and doors, my favourtie part is actually the ground, I think it looks great.  The interior feels pretty bare and cold to me, can we interest you in some tapestries and furs?
:tongue:

Thank you, I liked the effect of the palisade bricks, and almost have more of them than normal bley bricks! It is a barracks for Mitgardian soldiers, so they are used to bare/cold  :laugh:
Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentlefolk, in the Guilds of Historica
Here is my website: http://brickbuilt.org
My flickr: link
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

#19 Cara

Cara

  • Green Captain of the Flying Piranha


    Posts: 722
    Joined: 28-August 10
    Member: 12904
    Country: USA

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:16 AM

Great barracks! I'm impressed with how many free builds you are doing. There are a lot of different textures going on on the outside for me. But the road is great and I love the insides and the handles on the door. I really like the way you did them, I don't recall seeing that before.
Guilds of Historica: Proud Mitgardian.  Astrun Egilsdóttir, Journeyman Bard
Tournament of Retribution III: Bluecoat, Deck Scrubber - Redcoats, Fear my Brush!



Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image




My Flickr Album
Obsessively forcing square bricks into round shapes.


#20 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

  • Mitgardia's moccing machine


    Posts: 5401
    Joined: 03-October 11
    Member: 20775
    Country: USA

Posted 08 July 2012 - 12:18 PM

View PostCara, on 07 July 2012 - 01:16 AM, said:

Great barracks! I'm impressed with how many free builds you are doing. There are a lot of different textures going on on the outside for me. But the road is great and I love the insides and the handles on the door. I really like the way you did them, I don't recall seeing that before.

Thanks Cara  :classic:  Glad you like the door handles, this Posted Image works perfectly in my opinion.
Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentlefolk, in the Guilds of Historica
Here is my website: http://brickbuilt.org
My flickr: link
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

#21 mephistopheles

mephistopheles

    Posts: 459
    Joined: 20-January 12
    Member: 24623
    Country: Hungary

Posted 08 July 2012 - 12:35 PM

That's actually one of my favorite LEGO pieces. Just realized, how you used it as a handle. Great part usage!  :thumbup:
My MOC Page and My Flickr
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
All hail Avalonia!
Lord of Woodward, Champion of Avalonia, Lord High Executioner, Prince of the Forest, Siege Expert
Woodward on Wikipedia

#22 Gabe

Gabe

  • Green capital G


    Posts: 1354
    Joined: 21-July 10
    Member: 12135
    Country: Australia

Posted 14 July 2012 - 05:16 AM

A very nice, solid looking building, and the interior shots add a lot to the moc as well!  :thumbup: The recessed windows look great, especially with the shutters upstairs, and i really like the front double doors. The snow and the cobblestones are well done too. One thing that i would suggest though is to vary the colour scheme of the walls a bit - as they are they look a touch drab and uniform to the eye - just a few corner accents and a stripe or two would work wonders. But then maybe that's just my Kaliphlin love of bright colours showing through? :laugh:

Anyway, nice work! And the rearing horse out the front is a very nice touch! :thumbup:
Erudhalion Sansael for Kaliphlin! Peregrinus for Kaliphlin!
Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted Image   Posted Image

#23 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

  • Mitgardia's moccing machine


    Posts: 5401
    Joined: 03-October 11
    Member: 20775
    Country: USA

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:40 PM

View Postmephistopheles, on 08 July 2012 - 12:35 PM, said:

That's actually one of my favorite LEGO pieces. Just realized, how you used it as a handle. Great part usage!  :thumbup:
Thanks mephistopheles, they are definitely useful!

View Postgabe, on 14 July 2012 - 05:16 AM, said:

A very nice, solid looking building, and the interior shots add a lot to the moc as well!  :thumbup: The recessed windows look great, especially with the shutters upstairs, and i really like the front double doors. The snow and the cobblestones are well done too. One thing that i would suggest though is to vary the colour scheme of the walls a bit - as they are they look a touch drab and uniform to the eye - just a few corner accents and a stripe or two would work wonders. But then maybe that's just my Kaliphlin love of bright colours showing through? :laugh:

Anyway, nice work! And the rearing horse out the front is a very nice touch! :thumbup:

Thanks gabe! Thank you for mentioning the color scheme, I think you are right and I need to liven it up a bit  :thumbup:
Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentlefolk, in the Guilds of Historica
Here is my website: http://brickbuilt.org
My flickr: link
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

#24 Rogue Angel

Rogue Angel

  • No Longer Suffering From Male Pattern Baldness


    Posts: 1754
    Joined: 17-December 08
    Member: 4711
    Country: USA

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:17 PM

This is an excellent build!  You've done a great job with the wall, using a rather unique building style.  You've also got great color usage for your guild.  The bunk beds are great, as is the street and the horsemen (as others have commented).  You're building skill has improved dramatically, and I'm always impressed by your builds.

Lord Varis of the Rustling Leaves Clan within the Enchanted Forest of Avalonia

Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image Posted Image


#25 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

  • Mitgardia's moccing machine


    Posts: 5401
    Joined: 03-October 11
    Member: 20775
    Country: USA

Posted 05 August 2012 - 05:47 PM

View Postrogueang, on 04 August 2012 - 06:17 PM, said:

This is an excellent build!  You've done a great job with the wall, using a rather unique building style.  You've also got great color usage for your guild.  The bunk beds are great, as is the street and the horsemen (as others have commented).  You're building skill has improved dramatically, and I'm always impressed by your builds.

Thanks! I've always been impressed with your builds, especially the elven ones, your watchtower is stunning  :classic:
Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentlefolk, in the Guilds of Historica
Here is my website: http://brickbuilt.org
My flickr: link
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users