Sign in to follow this  
kapten jei

Mega Mine Mech MOC

Hi everyone. This is my first MOC here in Eurobricks.

I just upgraded the Mine Mech from power miners because it kinda sucks. Hehe.

FRONT

DSC-0183.jpg

DSC-0185.jpg

SIDE

DSC-0186.jpg

DSC-0190.jpg

BACK

DSC-0201.jpg

DSC-0210.jpg

ENGINE

DSC-0218.jpg

MINER DUDE

DSC-0224.jpg

Comments please! :D

Click Here for the gallery

Edited by kapten jei

A new member, with a freakin' awesome MOC! I love the whole design, and a perfect re-do of the original! I love the upgraded detail! :thumbup:

Whoa! That is really cool! I love how you kept most of the original pieces and just beefed it up! Great work!

a VERY NICE moc, reminds me of those APUs from matrix film.

Retaining the original circular saw and pincer is a nice touch.

I'm planning to add folding sword & flight pack for my future "yet to be bought" Mine Mech.

Never owned any of the exo-force robots so this would be my first biped :classic:

Thanks! :D This is kinda my first Mech MOC using bricks. Most of my MOCs have been bionicle based. I'm glad y'all like it! :D

Beefing the original mech was kind of the main idea...hence the name "Mega" Mine Mech. haha! thanks

this is pretty freakin awesome, but the professor doesnt deserve the mech's machoness :tongue:

You did a really good job with beefing up that model, now it looks really tough and resistive.

I especially like that fine and detailed rear side. Are these two round structures on the back

supposed to be part of the engine or some kind of jet pack?

Overall a very nice work in a good size, perhaps that spinning tool looks a bit too simple now,

like a bad-boy-mecha playing with a pinwheel... :tongue:

Whoa cool! This reminds me I have to post my mega mine mech! Great job on yours may I reccomend using a drill instead of the spin blade? Because that would bump up the coolness about 20%. :wink:

Thanks everyone for your nice comments! I didn't expect it to be this well received. hehehe. Uhm.. the two big white things on the back are supposed to be sort of an over sized gas tank. I based the design on the gas tank behind the granite grinder. :D yeah, a drill would have been awesome, but I don't have the thunder driller yet, and anyway, I just wanted to upgrade the mech's body. Didn't really think of changing the tools. hehehe

Aha!! A Philbrickster!!

The MOC's great. A beefed up Mine Mech. And with that size I don't think It'll be doing more mining. More combat and kicking rock monster big behind. Haha.

OT:

Are you residing in the Philippines? Where ever did you acquire that Mine Mech? Are the 2009 sets available already?

a very great moc on a lego theme I don't really like^^ anyway, great job !

That's how it should look like! Briliant job! Rock monsters have no chance :D

So what's now? Rock Mechs for Rock Monsters? xD

haha. I don't know. Maybe just wait for the real big Rock Monsters.

Aha!! A Philbrickster!!

The MOC's great. A beefed up Mine Mech. And with that size I don't think It'll be doing more mining. More combat and kicking rock monster big behind. Haha.

OT:

Are you residing in the Philippines? Where ever did you acquire that Mine Mech? Are the 2009 sets available already?

Thanks. I'm studying in Singapore now. Most of the sets are available here, but much more expensive than US prices.

a very great moc on a lego theme I don't really like^^ anyway, great job !

Thanks!

This is such an awesome creation, good work! You actually managed to make me like a moc that has those ball joints in it, and that is no easy feat. The use of colour is nicely spread out, I'd love to see you make another Mine Moc!

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Wow, that looks great! :classic:

Much better than LEGO's version.

How many pieces did you use to make it?

I'm studying in Singapore now. Most of the sets are available here, but much more expensive than US prices.

Tell me about it. :tongue: Hope you like it here in Singapore!

Anyway, great MOC! This is no upgrade, it's a whole new mech. :laugh: I could barely tell it's a Mine Mech upgrade, great job!

Woah, very cool. Why can't Lego seem to get the Power Miner line right? :laugh:

This is fantastic, I just love all the details in there. Reminds me of Rock Raiders! (Which Power Miners also did, but in a deep loathing sorta way. :sceptic: )

It's got that 1990s cool.