Sign in to follow this  
Marko

REVIEW: 8374 Williams F1 Team Racer 1:27

Today I opened 8374 Williams that I got from BL for my birthday with the money of my mother-in-law. I have already Ferrari 8144 Räikkönen edition as main players of my (sons) coastal town and needed some other brands to show my son that there are not only Ferraris out there (OK actually he knows also Lamborghini and BMW from real life). Anyway now to the review.

Box front

DSC_5267-2.jpg

Set Info

Set Name: 8374 Williams F1 Team Racer 1:27

Theme: Racers

Subtheme: Williams F1

Released: 2003

Pieces: 88

Price: increasing

Minifigs: 1

In the box

DSC_5269-2.jpg

Racers leaflet is nice color and good change to color red.

Random page

DSC_5270-2.jpg

I dislike the idea of pull back motor plus the fact that it is a huge piece. But if you have at home somebody three years old or a dog then the pull back motor is the must to make the set winner.

Chassis building

DSC_5273-2.jpg

Wings added

DSC_5276-2.jpg

Printed parts added

DSC_5277-2.jpg

DSC_5279-2.jpg

That is not only one faulty piece but many with not even printing. That is a shame for product that should be ambassador of the real item represented :thumbdown:

Back view

DSC_5281-2.jpg

Verdict

DSC_5322-2.jpg

Pros: Happy to have an alternative F1 car to Ferraris. Car with technic axles and pull back motor is superior to conventional cars in drive qualities.

Cons: Faulty printed pieces (maybe only I had them but I doubt it). Size 1:27 is too big even to very liberal (accepting 6 wide vehicles) town person.

Overall: This is a must have set for anybody looking for diversity to their F1 racers or to Williams BMW fans. Also it is a good set for families with younger children.

DSC_5323-2.jpg

DSC_5324-2.jpg

DSC_5325-2.jpg

DSC_5327-2.jpg

DSC_5328-2.jpg

Edited by Marko

the pictures dont work. You might have to save them elsewhere and use the insert image key, located on the posting toolbar above.

the pictures dont work. You might have to save them elsewhere and use the insert image key, located on the posting toolbar above.

I made now them into link, try again

I made now them into link, try again

They were links to begin with, they dont work, it says error. You probably linked them wrong.

They were links to begin with, they dont work, it says error. You probably linked them wrong.

After editing it makes links into quotes, now I manually overdid them. Should work :cry_sad: Tell me if not still working

After editing it makes links into quotes, now I manually overdid them. Should work :cry_sad: Tell me if not still working

They work for me after downloading them.

Nice review though, although this isn't amongst my most favourite sets, I do love your review.

Finally I managed to "learn" how to use Apple iDisk and now my pictures are there for viewing without tiresome links download. Thanks for noticing that the images were not working earlier.

thanks for deeplinking :thumbup: personally, i like this set but the ferrari one would be better if the whole minifig would fit in the cockpit of the 1:24 scale

looks kinda cool. I want that ninja mask he has so bad!!

That Ninja head is the thing I like in this set the least :sceptic: as my sets minifigures also serve as citizens in Marko Bay town. Montoya moved next to Räikkönen and Massa house but can not go outside to sun bathe in this terrorist head :tongue: He needs a new head but I am not sure what would fit him.

Thanks for the review! :thumbup:

I do hate the stickers, but it looks interesting enough to pick up anyway. I didn't even know about this set...

I'd request replacements for any damaged printed pieces. It's the only way they will feel a need to improve the production quality.

Great review! This design looks way better than the Ferrari sets.

I'd request replacements for any damaged printed pieces. It's the only way they will feel a need to improve the production quality.

It's a bit late don't you think; this is a 2003 set. :wink:

It's a bit late don't you think; this is a 2003 set. :wink:

You're new around these parts, aren't you?

2003, huh? :look:

Smart megablocks. :tongue:

Thank you for kind words. I wanted to have some set for my birthday that had not been reviewed here before :classic: Also I wanted to do my first review with something simple.

Upon your suggestion I did contact LEGO today for replacement pieces - we will see if they will send these to me.

Once more thanks to everybody for reading this review.