Sign in to follow this  
Jerac

Tatra 815

indexed.gif V-LI-06A

Trucks.

Everybody knows these. Massive, ugly vehicles seen in numbers on each bigger construction site. Some of them, however, really stand out from the crowd. For example - the Czech Tatra 815. It is a really peculiar truck, with its independent "bent" suspension, air-cooled engine or even exhaust which isn't as simple as in more typical trucks. I am really surprised that the steering wheel is still round... ;). It really deserved a Lego model, and as I am a big fan of lego trucks... it was just a matter of time.

The model itself is built in minifig scale, but without a minifig inside, because of massive SNOT-work. Sorry for that, but I think that overall look is more important than details like minifig fitting in the cabin. The tipper can be raised or lowered, its endplate opened, wheels turn, suspension is bent like in original car... and that is all. I hope that you like it :)

t007.jpg

BS gallery

flickr!

Very nice truck! I checked out your flickr link and all of the other photos are nice! Great job! I want that Czech truck now!

A wonderful MOC with a fine working tipper indeed, very smooth and exceptional rich in detail. :thumbup:

Especially the front section and the sides of the tipper look very distinct... hmm, I wonder how

that 1x2 grey tile behind the front wheel might be attached..?

The model itself is built in minifig scale, but without a minifig inside, because of massive SNOT-work. Sorry for that, but I think that overall look is more important than details like minifig fitting in the cabin. The tipper can be raised or lowered, its endplate opened, wheels turn, suspension is bent like in original car... and that is all.

Sometimes overall functionallity is more important ;) (yes, I'm a maniac that puts motors bigger than minifig in minifig scale... ;)

Asuka, a headlight 1x1 brick -> piece of flex cable -> minifig hand -> tile 1x2. Sounds scary, I know, but it is really not that difficult :)

There are many brilliant techniques used here, but I absolutely love how you used tile vs. studs to look like rivets on the back portion of the truck (not sure the technical term for that, the part above the bed). I also appreciate a use for those discarded turntable heads. :laugh: They look very cool on the wheels. You've done a lot of very clever things with this including the side view mirrors and the gas tank. Awesome job. I think this is a really great MOC!

This is a very, very cool MOC. I just love how you captured the ruggedness of the real deal. And that's before I start factoring in the building techniques used.

Again. Very, very cool. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Very nice, indeed. I love Tatras and this one is realy great with lots of details. I have this model as paper model, so I kompared them and found out that all details are there.