BrickworldBryan

Brickworld 2011 - Coming Soon

Hey everyone...

Just a teaser...

We have been working hard to get ready for Brickworld 2011. There are several changes coming to the event based on your feedback in the survey over the summer. As always, there is room for improvement and we are doing our best for you.

Registration will open soon. Stay tuned for more information as we get closer to the holidays.

Best Regards,

The Brickworld Team

Hey everyone...

Just a teaser...

We have been working hard to get ready for Brickworld 2011. There are several changes coming to the event based on your feedback in the survey over the summer. As always, there is room for improvement and we are doing our best for you.

Registration will open soon. Stay tuned for more information as we get closer to the holidays.

Best Regards,

The Brickworld Team

Can't wait for June 2011 to be here! Announcements like this just serve to build the anticipation. :grin: This is going to be the best Brickworld yet!

-Davey

Oh yes indeed it is :grin:

..and this time I'm not going to mess up by booking my return flight on Sunday.. stupid stupid me. facepalm.gif

I Cant Wait!

I Think this time I should get a hotel room as it was kinda tiring commuting 40 mins each way every night. :wacko:

Brickworld 2010 was a blast, so I am definitely going in 2011.

My only regret was falling a sleep at thursday afternoon because of the jet lag.

I probably will be arriving a few days earlier to prevent that.

I will at least be attending Sat. and use a hotel this time. According to someone I met there that is a member here, a lot goes on at BW after all the kiddies leave. Plus it'd be a great way to get to know some AFOLs a little better. :thumbup:

Yes, Saturday evening is a great time to "socialize" and get to know some of the people.

Very excited already!!!

As others have said, Saturday night is a lot of fun. The key is making it down to the floor on time on Sunday. For me, that didn't happen until around 11:00am last year. I'm looking to do better in 2011.

Edited by DHCP1121

Brickworld 2010 was a blast, so I am definitely going in 2011.

My only regret was falling a sleep at thursday afternoon because of the jet lag.

I probably will be arriving a few days earlier to prevent that.

Yeah, arriving a few days early to get adjusted to the 7 hour time difference is a good idea. This year I arrived the Saturday before BW, and that worked out nicely, so I'm planning on doing something similar next year. This also leaves time for playing tourist in Chicago a bit before BW, something I didn't get to do this year as me, I Scream Clone and Copmike were spending all the days before BW franticly building in Stash2sixx' basement to get our layout finished. :laugh:

Yeah, arriving a few days early to get adjusted to the 7 hour time difference is a good idea. This year I arrived the Saturday before BW, and that worked out nicely, so I'm planning on doing something similar next year. This also leaves time for playing tourist in Chicago a bit before BW, something I didn't get to do this year as me, I Scream Clone and Copmike were spending all the days before BW franticly building in Stash2sixx' basement to get our layout finished. :laugh:

I played already twice the tourist in Chicago after BW. I can recommend you a blues cafe.

Building with Lego together with friends doesn't sound to bad either. Especially if the result is so good.

Does anyone know if they have power outlets available for displays? I'm planning on attending for the first time and have quite a few lifelites to power up.

Does anyone know if they have power outlets available for displays? I'm planning on attending for the first time and have quite a few lifelites to power up.

They do, But I believe you need to specify to the Event coordinators before hand you are running power.

They do, But I believe you need to specify to the Event coordinators before hand you are running power.

Just send a comment in to the web site after you are registered saying you need power. No worries if you forget. We can take care of it at the event...It is just nice to ahve it all arranged ahead of time.

See everyone in Chicago!! Merry Christmas

Bryan

I can't wait until June. I will almost certainly be going this year (first time). This is quite possibly the most exciting thing I will have ever done :D

I'm sure I'm a little paranoid but do they lock down the exhibit area at night or do they provide security? I wondered about other 'guests' walking in and changing the MOC or helping themselves to the work.

I'm sure I'm a little paranoid but do they lock down the exhibit area at night or do they provide security? I wondered about other 'guests' walking in and changing the MOC or helping themselves to the work.

Well they do have security staff walking around and make sure that no one is in the rooms when they are not supposed to be there. Your MOCs will be safe at all times. :wink:

Which Brickworld is better, Chicago or Indy?

Chicago.

Its simply MASSIVE!

Last year, the show occupied every ballroom at the Westin Hotel, in Wheeling, many seminars, thousands of MOCs, vendors, I believe there was 600+ registered attendees.

Brickworld Indy is much smaller, but still nice if you are unable to make it up to Chicago.

Hopefully I'll get to go this year, maybe even register if I have the money. I'll at least try to make it on one of the public days. Will there be an EB table on the public days?

Even if there isn't a display (Fingers crossed there is!), I'll be sure to stop by. Will there be a table for EB members to come on over and say hi, or will I have to shout "Stash2sixx!" above the din of the other people? :tongue: