TAFOL

SoF: Stephanie's Cool Submersible

Last February, when I bought set 3183 Stephanie's Cool Convertible, I always wanted to modify it. It was only that I didn't know how. Or at least, that was until last May, when I had built a submersible out of Stephanie's convertible for this contest on Lowlug.nl. However, it still didn't look finished to me. So when the Summer of Friends-contest came along, I took this opportunity to build a 32x32 stud diorama (see the clickable photos below) around it to top it off.

Hopefully, you guys will like this build. Enjoy!

100_5789.jpg

To incorporate a fun play feature, I decided to build an exploding rock as part of this diorama. Just flip the red switch at the base of the rock and a part of the top comes off, revealing a treasure underneath!

100_5794.png

And last but not least, here's a close-up of Stephanie's Cool Submersible and the Squid Warrior, who is guarding the treasure from intruders.

100_5790.jpg

You can view the rest of the photos right here. :wink:

Great job! I love the little play feature you made there, plus the details like the schools of fish hanging around. I guess Steph's convertible has some Bond-like elements at play, huh? I love it.

Great job! I love the little play feature you made there, plus the details like the schools of fish hanging around. I guess Steph's convertible has some Bond-like elements at play, huh? I love it.

Actually, I got inspired to do this little play feature by this Aqua Raiders-set. I just liked it that much. :wink:

Bond-like elements, you say? I guess I hadn't thought about that before. But now that you mention it, I guess it does have some Bond-like elements to it. :grin:

AWESOME MOC 'TAFOL', lots of fish there eh ? :wink:

Brick On with your Friend's 'TAFOL' ! :grin:

Thanks for the compliments. I can't help but listen to the soundtrack of Finding Nemo all day, LOL. :laugh:

Wow! This such a cool submersible!

I was looking through old aqua raider instructions yesterday and see how this could be handy. It is so creative and fun to look at. The fish on the wall of water are just amazing!

Congrats on such a delightful diorama for our Friends!

Brilliant build. A worthy entry to the contest. I really like the fish swimming and the background landscaping. And the vehicle definitely is a nice touch. I was trying to come up with something different for the contest and in no way would I come up with something this clever.

Good luck!

Wow! This such a cool submersible!

I was looking through old aqua raider instructions yesterday and see how this could be handy. It is so creative and fun to look at. The fish on the wall of water are just amazing!

Congrats on such a delightful diorama for our Friends!

Thanks. When I was about to start building Stephanie's sub back in May, I had already figured out that I needed this part for the propeller arms. So I bricklinked them through a fellow Lowlug-member. The only doubt I had was how they'd look on Stephanie's purple sub, so I'm glad you like them. :sweet:

Great entry! I love the landscaping and the background with the water and fish. :thumbup: Good luck!

Thank you. Have you participated in this contest too? Or are you planning to? Please let me know. :classic:

Brilliant build. A worthy entry to the contest. I really like the fish swimming and the background landscaping. And the vehicle definitely is a nice touch. I was trying to come up with something different for the contest and in no way would I come up with something this clever.

Good luck!

Many thanks. You're making me blush. :blush:

When I was building this MOC, I discovered that I'm quite good at creating landscapes. Maybe I'll build more of them in the future, but time will only tell... :wink:

Edited by TAFOL

Nice! Funny how you did an underwater scene . . . I'm doing one too (although toatlly different) for the Animal catagory. :laugh:

I like it a bit.

Thanks. :blush:

Nice! Funny how you did an underwater scene . . . I'm doing one too (although toatlly different) for the Animal catagory. :laugh:

That's quite a coincidence. I'm curious to see what your entry is going to look like. :classic:

Great job, the background really makes it feel underwater :thumbup: Nice landscaping and the submersible is really neat, I especially like the arms on the front :classic:

Great job, the background really makes it feel underwater :thumbup: Nice landscaping and the submersible is really neat, I especially like the arms on the front :classic:

Thanks. It's funny that you mention the arms as a friend of mine said it resembled Doc Ock's mechanical arms. :wink:

Great MOC! :thumbup:

Thanks for the compliment. I really appreciate it. :blush:

That's quite a coincidence. I'm curious to see what your entry is going to look like. :classic:

Mine is posted here, if you haven't seen it yet. :classic:

Edit: Just noticed that you posted a comment there :blush:

Edited by Kai NRG

Fantastic MOC.

I like the way that you have incorporated elements from the old underwater sets.

Great job. :thumbup:

Mine is posted here, if you haven't seen it yet. :classic:

Edit: Just noticed that you posted a comment there :blush:

Great entry and awesome vignette! :thumbup:

I can't wait to find out who of us is going to win. :wink:

Fantastic MOC.

I like the way that you have incorporated elements from the old underwater sets.

Great job. :thumbup:

Thank you. :blush:

I actually had to Bricklink some of the elements to finish my entry, so I'm glad you're liking it.

I especially am fond of the mix of yellow and medium lavender. Those colors make great Easter colors. :wink: