Sign in to follow this  
joegrant78

[SWBP] Darth Vaders "interrogation" room

I am an AFOL, and for this entry I tried to make a battle pack an AFOL would want to buy, while staying within the contest rules. This set is inspired by Vaders even darker side in ANH, when he pushes Leia for information on the rebel base.

Presenting the interrogation room.

THis set includes Darth Vader (ISD), Luke Skywalker (10188 using the Mos Eisley head), Han Solo (Mos EIsley) and Princess Leia (Death Star using Pepper Pots head).

img_1337.jpg

The "play feature" of the set is that it unfolds and opens.

img_1338.jpg

img_1339.jpg

Here we see Vader pondering his options. Carefully considered among many, our final "interrogation" tools include a 2 handed maul, a tomahawk, a mystery syringe, a katana, a chainsaw, a flail. a power saw and an oil can. Why the oil can? Well ever since the scene with Marky Mark and the motor oil in the movie Three Kings, well I've never been able to get that image out of my head. Dont believe me? Youtube it.

img_1340.jpg

After settling on a flail, Vader presses Leia for further rebel secrets.

img_1341.jpg

But that is not all! Vader has plans for Han, and he has proven to be quite resilient. Having survived carbonite, Vader ups his game with the microwave radiation chamber! Han has no chance!

img_1342.jpg

Having already dealt with the pesky Luke using the handy chainsaw, Vader looks on as the freshly shaven head of Leia is strapped into the electric chair! Surely not even she can resist this level of "interrogation" The Empire will rule!

img_1343.jpg

And there you have it.

Set includes 2 beds, a tool rack with tools, the microwave chamber, the electric chair, the hanging rack, 2 pairs of handcuffs and a pick axe for good measure.

Total piece count including lightsaber blades, 98 pieces. The only thing not included in this is the minifigs and 1 item each to hold. I was not sure if the lightsabers would count as 2 pieces so I included the blades in the 100 count limit to play it safe.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and good luck to all those who are competing. May the force be with you.

I don't know others but for me, a battlepack should not include named characters, but instead more generic characters, unnamed ones. The only instance TLC has ever put a named character was Zev Senesca, and he looked like a generic Rebel pilot. Your battlepack includes the main characters from the Franchise, and if it were a real product, people would only buy one and wouldn't get another, because who wants dublicates of main characters(with same outfit)?

I hear you Artizan and considered this myself, but decided to take a chance and enter anyway. I enjoyed the build, and I suppose it would be easy enough to have an imperial officer and droid, and 2 nameless rebels.

My next entry will be a lot more generic, it'll be a generic army builder. Thanks Artizan for the constructive criticism :)

I don't know others but for me, a battlepack should not include named characters, but instead more generic characters, unnamed ones. The only instance TLC has ever put a named character was Zev Senesca, and he looked like a generic Rebel pilot. Your battlepack includes the main characters from the Franchise, and if it were a real product, people would only buy one and wouldn't get another, because who wants dublicates of main characters(with same outfit)?

This is actually exactly the kind of battlepack I was hoping people would come up with! It's certainly not something TLG would produce, but it has the feel of a battlepack and yet has TONS of creativity! Props to you Joe Grant!