25 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

indexed.gif

I saw the index still needed a review of this set and thought as i got another set today of Ebay, i might do a review for you guys.

Set Name: Ultimate Space Battle

Set Number: 7283

Number of Pieces: 567

Figures: 4

Released: 2005

List Price: £39.99 (GBP)

7283 Ultimate Space Battle was one of the first Star Wars retail sets that was only available for a short time. I was lucky enough to pick my fist one up for retail which in the UK was £40. Funny i suppose that one is still MISB and i paid more for this open set.

First the box front and back.

img_3451.jpg

img_3452.jpg

Instuctions.

img_3453.jpg

Random page.

img_3454.jpg

Anakin and Obi-wan

img_3457.jpg

With the hair removed you can see the gold head-sets.

img_3461.jpg

The poor and very over sized buzz doids.

img_3460.jpg

The sepratist forces!

img_3462.jpg

The Tri Droid is the same as set no 7252.

img_3464.jpg

img_3465.jpg

The droid fighters are also the same as in set no 7256.

img_3466.jpg

img_3467.jpg

img_3468.jpg

The Bad guys!

img_3463.jpg

Anakins fighter is also the same set as in 7252.

img_3469.jpg

img_3472.jpg

img_3476.jpg

img_3479.jpg

The cockpit is quite well detailed.

img_3480.jpg

Now the reason we all want this set. Obi's Starfighter!

img_3481.jpg

img_3482.jpg

img_3483.jpg

Obi-wan's ship has the same build as Anakins only a few parts ar different colour. Stickers for cockpit controls.

img_3484.jpg

img_3485.jpg

img_3486.jpg

img_3487.jpg

A couple of shots of the whole set.

img_3489.jpg

img_3492.jpg

If you don't own sets 7265 and 7252 then this is a very good buy but if you have both already then shelling out for just one ship is alot to ask.

The set as a stand alone set was probably one of the best value set we have ever had! 3 enemy ships and 2 Jedi fighters for £40 is a absolute bargain!

Shame about all the stickers but i guess as Star Wars Lego fans we are used to that by now.

9/10 Dam those stickers!

Nice review, this is a set i always wanted for the red starfighter, but bricklink prices make this not feasable for me.

Great job on helping the index though, I gave it above average in the invisible poll, but it still isn't spectacular.

I only got in to collecting after this set was released, but this is one of the few I've looked back on and really wished I was around to get. The amount of things you get for just £40 is ridiculous, it has to be the best value for money Lego has ever produced. I really love the Episode III starfighters, hopefully they're something we'll see again next year, especially as we seem to be seeing a return to the RoTS sets.

Good review too, I enjoyed seeing some more pictures of this one.

>snip piccy<

What exactly is the buzz droid drilling on?

:laugh: Looks like my coffee table!! No wonder there are so many scratches.

Great review. I didn't know this set was ever available in the UK; shame as I could do with Obi's starfighter.

I have always wanted to have this set but its so overpriced its annoying!

Im glad I got the new vulture droid in ahsoka's starfighter this year which is a bit of a consolation.

Great review!

Great review :wink: In my opinion this one of the best Lego Star Wars sets ever! I think they should make a new version of this set with 2 of the new vulture droids, the new tri-fighter, and Anakin and Obi-Wan's starfighters :wub:

This set for the past 4 years has been one of my favorites, and have longed to buy it for ages!

A fantastic review Mutley! This set was such a nice set with so many good vehicals in it and not bad figs. :thumbup:

It's nice to see pics of this set again, I had quite forgot about it. :laugh:

Great review!

CommanderFox

This set I never bought because I had all those sets (except Obi-Wan's fighter, of course), and even his fighter's not that special.

Great review of a very rare set, I believe it was only available through only one retailer in the U.K. and Obi Wan's starfighter in that red is the only time you ever find it. That red colour was only for Obi Wan's and NO other set in the entire lego range (so I have been told).

I know where I can get one for around 300 odd dollars (au) but it's beyond my current budget.

Thanks 'Mutley777' for the review.

I would say keep a very close eye on Ebay if you want this set. I picked up the set pictured above for £69 ($111) and thats inculding shipping! It was not listed very well as i only found it while searching for space lego!

I would say keep a very close eye on Ebay if you want this set. I picked up the set pictured above for £69 ($111) and thats inculding shipping! It was not listed very well as i only found it while searching for space lego!

Interisting! :sweet:

Ive often found very rare SW sets like that in random catagorys, on our NZ TradeMe (like Ebay).

It sure is one expensive set! :wub::cry_sad:

CommanderFox

A great set when it came out.

And perfect time on posting this - what a splendid chance to evaluate the "old" Droid Tri-Fighter compared to the new version.

Thanks for sharing Mutley :thumbup:

(the red JSF kicks behind :laugh: )

I seeked REVIEW for this set all over the net and I've found it! :laugh:

It's a very good review!

Wow, I did not even know this set even existed! And Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter is really looking awesome with all that dark red! Also the value for money seems unusually good here. A shame I never saw it on the shelves.

Thanks for bringing us this review!

I don't mind stickers, personally. At any rate, I think in the case of this set DSS should stand for Deficient Sticker Sheet. Since they were going with some big stickers for the wings anyway, it would have been nice if they'd included stickers for the outside of Obi-Wan's fighter's S-foils. Unlike with Anakin's ship, they weren't all a solid color; a large patch of each was light grey.