Name: Ghost

Setnumber: 30201

Theme: Monster Fighters

Year: 2012

Parts: 35

Minifig: 1

Price: €2,99, Promo

Bricklink

Today I was looking for the new LotR sets and stumbled upon a crate full of ghostly polybags. I couldn't resist and picked one up for the collection. Here is a quick photo review (with rather atmospheric lighting :wink: )

The bag, front and back. Spooky.

001imw.jpg

002pml.jpg

The contents. The short black chain is nice as is the ball.

003iu.jpg

Fold-out instructions.

004fqj.jpg

The ghost. Very nice figure. I like the update to the mold and the chain with ball is a nice stylish addition. The blanket is glowing in the dark.

005w.jpg

006cwo.jpg

007bzb.jpg

The clock build is quick and unexciting but the final product looks great.

009yhd.jpg

Spare parts.

008cao.jpg

Final thoughts

Playability: 5/10

Not so much in here. This set is more an addition for every haunted house, apartment or other building. I think this will go very well with the Haunted House in september.

Minifig: 10/10

A lovely ghost that glows in the dark. Can it be any better?

Parts: 9/10

Many brown common parts, useful nevertheless. The standouts are the chain and ball, good for convicts of every theme.

Price: ?

Depends how you get it. I paid €2,99. Maybe other countries will get this for free as some kind of promotion. I heard it was planned for germany also (Buy MF sets for €20 and get it for free).

Total: 24/30 Good and useful promo. Get it if you can.

Excellent review, 'Plissken'! Love the lighting! :sweet:

I can't wait 'til this set comes out in the states... It looks great! Love the ball-and-chain especially. :thumbup:

Edited by just2good

This polybag is great! Where did you find it? I'd love to pick up one or two of these.

Thanks for the great review!

Thanks for the review. I would definitely want to pick some of these up if I ever come across them. It won't be my usual army building polybag, but I wouldn't mind a few extra ghosts to spook the locals.

I am so glad that this new ghost mold is coming as a polybag, and that it looks good. As to army building, what's wrong with an army of ghosts? :devil:

Why is the ghost chained to his bowling ball? Is he afraid he will lose it before the big tournament?

Great review. I think this is a great little set to get the new ghost for cheap. I'll definitely buy a few when they come to the U.S. :classic:

Great poly bag review 'Plissken', excellent classic looking ghost (it would even scare Scooby Doo ! :laugh: ) though the clock is missing it's sides. Still handy parts pack and you get a cool ghost. :thumbup:

Brick On Spook On 'Plissken' ! :grin:

This needs to go down in the Top 10 Lego Polybags of all time :wub:

Thanks for the reveiw, Plissken!

Yes, thank you for the review. I've been searching to see if anyone got their hands on this yet. Hopefully they will show up in the states soon. I plan on purchasing quite a few of these.

Hopefully they will show up in the states soon. I plan on purchasing quite a few of these.

Absolutely! I can't wait to get my hands on one of these. Great furnishings for the Haunted House. :thumbup:

Thanks for taking the time to provide a review Plissken. Nice little set (TheBrickster walks away slowly whistling the tune to the classic 1967 song, Spooky). :blush:

Absolutely! I can't wait to get my hands on one of these. Great furnishings for the Haunted House. :thumbup:

Exactly this! I might have to pick up a few of these if they're ever released in the UK. Hopefully the Sun will do it's usual LEGO giveaway in November with this set, as well as the Lord of the Rings polybags! :laugh:

Wow very cool. I hope these come out for Halloween in the US. These do glow in the dark right?

Edited by Solscud007

Some friends and me have ordered this set from the German site Spieletom, but I've not taken mine yet.

It seems a good purchase for the price.

Nice review, however the photos could be better: too many shadows and reflections caused by the flash.

Very nice review, good pictures showing of this little delight. I need this for the Haunted House. Are you able to buy polybags from S@H? I've never looked for them, but I would for this. Or is my only hope is that TRU will get it.