1. 1. Vote your opinion

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

indexed.gif

Hi Everyone,

Just re-doing a simple review for previous releases of starwars lego back in 2006. That said, here we go...

Product: 6208 B-wing Fighter

Theme: Star Wars

No of pieces: 435

Release Date: Feburary 2006

RRP: SGD79.90/USD34.99

Availability: Lego Shop@Home, Target, Toys 'R' Us (US & Europe), Bricksworld (SG).

bw01.jpg

Powerful fighter of the Rebel fleet!

Build the Rebellion's heavy strike ship with this exciting set! Just like the classic Star Wars vessel, its wings can fold for flight or vertical landing. Challenge the forces of the Empire and use your launchers to save the day! Service tower doubles as a display stand for the fighter and can fold down for easy storage. Cockpit opens so you can put the B-wing pilot at the controls.

• Includes Rebel pilot.
  • Fold the wings for landing or flight!
  • Missiles launch!
  • Service tower doubles as a display stand!

bw02.jpg

Contents of the set, seven baggies, one big brick, one sticker sheet, and the instruction booklet.

bw04.jpg

Thus the completed model and the leftovers.

bw06.jpg

bw07.jpg

There's two mini-figs for this set. That's the generic b-wing pilot and Ten Numb. Makes one wonder if he's related to nien nunb, the dude who flew with Lando on the M. Falcon.

Whilst the helmet for the b-wing pilot is cool, the face of the pilot is not. To me, it's supposed to be grim... not smiling. Looks real weird anyway. Ten Numb, on the hand, is one good-looking sullustan. The resemblance is definitely there, when compared to the sullustan in the movie.

bw08.jpg

bw09.jpg

bw10.jpg

bw11.jpg

This set has alot of technic parts, but it was worth it. The result is an awesome, movie-accurate b-wing starfighter. While I really wish to say more, the above pics are actually enough to convey my meaning, so let's continue on...

bw12.jpg

This is the cockpit. Like the 6205 v-wing fighter, it could use some paint on it's transparisteel cover.

There's a joystick, and a translucent red piece to simulate the electronics panel.

bw13.jpg

The service tower, is anything but a tower... It's too short to be able to do maintanence on the b-wing. It does carry an array of tools, and also two proton torpedos. Anyway, it looks more like a quick arms resupply and refueling platform to me.

bw14.jpg

The neat thing is that this platform is articulated. Sure does give alot of ideas for play value.

bw03.jpg

This set comes with the ability to launch missiles or torpedos, since it's in space. And the mechanism that made it happen is shown above.

It's not very powerful though, my torpedos average a distance of 6cm from launch...

Being big, I do expect it's "swoosh" factor to drop... though that's not the case.

bw18.jpg

*Target Locked*

And this is how it might have happened, during a hot re-supply action at the battle of Endor.

bw15.jpg

bw16.jpg

bw17.jpg

*Touchdown*

bw05.jpg

It's a preference, but I usually see b-wings at rest like the above pic. It looks better that way in a hanger too. Since the pilot can easily get on and off the fighter that way.

To conclude, this set beats the v-wing and the tie-interceptor in the play value, and all 3 are very well-designed.

I didn't want to get this set due to it's pricing in SG. So I got it at a sale instead. Looking back, I would have gotten this with or without the sale, if I was able to see the actual model and not pics. :doh:

Comments(for now being in 2008)

At the point of purchase(feb 2006), I got this set at 20% discount on it's retail price. 4 months later, during the annual month island-wide sale at almost every retail outlet, this set was being sold at half price... If I knew, I would have waited. Though, then this review wouldn't have been up, since I got busy with my 1st full-time job. :P

Nice review, really! :thumbup:

I have allways prefered this B-Wing Model to the old one, specially because of this service tower and the sullustan pilot (yes I think it's the same race than Tien Numb who flew with Calrissian in the battle of Endor :wink: )

Thanks! :cry_happy:

Here's an updated pic of it's current location:

DSCF0006.jpg

Yup, the sullustan pilot is definitely one of the reasons that made me pick this up.

Thanks for a super review.

The B-Wing (rerelease) and the older B-Wing are some of my favourite rebel fighters.

Keep up the great work Valentin :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

It's also a nice setup You've got there.

KimT

Thanks for a super review.

The B-Wing (rerelease) and the older B-Wing are some of my favourite rebel fighters.

Keep up the great work Valentin :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

It's also a nice setup You've got there.

KimT

I can only second this! Thank you again :classic:

And again, it's a set I don't own yet - Oh my 2006 seems to have been a bad year for me :cry_sad: But I always liked it, especially for the stand it comes with. I think it's a really nice feature :thumbup: