High-Res Pics in First Post

405 replies to this topic

#1 Klaus-Dieter

Klaus-Dieter

• 4-Wide Kerfuffler

Member: 1588

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:08 PM

High Resolution Set Pictures:

New Pictures - Friends 2013 Summer Wave!

41005 Heartlake High

Posted Image

41006 Downtown Bakery

Posted Image

41009 Andrea's Bedroom

Posted Image

41010 Olivia's Beach Buggy

Posted Image

41013 Emma's Sports Car

Posted Image

41015 Dolphin Cruiser

Posted Image

Friends 2012/13 Winter Wave
Thanks to GRogall (click pictures for higher resolution)

41000 Water Scooter Fun
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
More Pictures

41001 Mia's Magic Tricks
More Pictures

41002 Emma's Karate Class
More Pictures

41003 Olivia's Newborn Foal
More Pictures

41004 Rehearsal Stage
More Pictures

41007 Heartlake Pet Salon
More Pictures

41008 Heartlake City Pool
More Pictures

41011 Stephanie's Soccer Practice
More Pictures

~~~~~~~~~~

Friends 2013 Collectibles
Thanks to GRogall (click pictures for higher resolution)

41017 Squirrel's Tree House
More Pictures

41018 Cat's Playhouse
More Pictures

41019 Turtle's Little Oasis
More Pictures

For a the full list of High Res set pictures, please see the Friends Hub here.

Edit by Pandora: High Res pictures added.

Hello everybody,

today I managed to have a look into the retailer's catalogue and here is which I remember:

There are some small sets which all contain one or two animals in a small housing.
Besides there will be many small sets which consist of a Friend and some scenery - I only remember a set looking very similar to the exclusive Rockband set this year, a karate set and a little magician show with a bunny.
There's a swimming pool which is imo looking totally strange with some small house scenery with window shutters - all se does not fit together.
The only set which seemed to look good to me is some sort of pet shop in the size similar to this year's cafe (and even its style is very similar, only one floor). But it doesn't seem to be a real pet shop, more some sort of like this year's beauty shop, but this time for animals.
But apart from swimming pool and pet shop there are no big sets.

More information I don't have since Friends in general doesn't interest me that much - only the sets I can use for regular City (like this year's cafe, beauty shop and house).
Please don't ask me for taking pictures - this won't be possible - sorry.

Klaus-Dieter

#2 Hammerstein NWC

Hammerstein NWC

Member: 28710

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:18 PM

Hi Klaus - did you notice if there were any male mini dolls in the sets?

Cheers
Trying to win over a tough crowd at Eurobricks!

Check me out on Flickr!  http://www.flickr.co...os/strawdog316/
Comments criticism and feedback always welcome!

#3 Klaus-Dieter

Klaus-Dieter

• 4-Wide Kerfuffler

Member: 1588

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:19 PM

View PostHammerstein NWC, on 11 September 2012 - 01:18 PM, said:

Hi Klaus - did you notice if there were any male mini dolls in the sets?

Cheers
Regrettably I don't remember, Hammerstein NWC. But I would more guess that no.

Klaus-Dieter

#4 Joebot

Joebot

• Mayor of Fluxington

Member: 1014

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:14 PM

Thanks so much for the descriptions!

I also read through your descriptions of the City sets, and was immediately so disappointed that I came over here to the Friends thread. Police? Fire? Tow trucks and cement mixers?? Ugh.

I understand the marketing requirements that force Lego into rehashing the same three City themes (fire/police/construction) over and over again, but as a long-time collector myself, I am so bored with those three themes.

But then Friends came along! Now I've got a cafe, a vet, a beauty salon, a horse stable, a tree house, and from what Klaus has described, an upcoming pet shop and a karate dojo. That's all stuff that Lego City has utterly ignored. I bought the Friends vet office last week, and it was the most fun I've had putting together a "city" set in years. Bright colors, GREAT details. Yeah, I'm amassing a pile of worthless mini-dolls, but at least the hair is usable on a mini-fig.

Lego City is dead to me. Long live Friends!!

#5 whung

whung

• Bothan Spy #1

Member: 2191

Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:39 PM

View PostKlaus-Dieter, on 11 September 2012 - 01:08 PM, said:

Hello everybody,

today I managed to have a look into the retailer's catalogue and here is which I remember:

There are some small sets which all contain one or two animals in a small housing.
Besides there will be many small sets which consist of a Friend and some scenery - I only remember a set looking very similar to the exclusive Rockband set this year, a karate set and a little magician show with a bunny.
There's a swimming pool which is imo looking totally strange with some small house scenery with window shutters - all se does not fit together.
The only set which seemed to look good to me is some sort of pet shop in the size similar to this year's cafe (and even its style is very similar, only one floor). But it doesn't seem to be a real pet shop, more some sort of like this year's beauty shop, but this time for animals.
But apart from swimming pool and pet shop there are no big sets.

More information I don't have since Friends in general doesn't interest me that much - only the sets I can use for regular City (like this year's cafe, beauty shop and house).
Please don't ask me for taking pictures - this won't be possible - sorry.

Klaus-Dieter

According to your information, I believe the set names of 410XX revealed earlier in April matches your description.
These sets are believed to be 2013 LEGO Friends sets. The set names are included in Brickset as well.

41000 Jetski
41001 Magician
41002 Karate
41003 Foal
41004 Practice Stage
41007 Pet Parlor
41008 Pool
41011 Soccer
41013 Car
41017 Squirrel
41018 Cat
41019 Turtle
41020 Hedgehog
41021 Poodle
41022 Bunny

#6 Leela

Leela

• Rinse and Repeat

Member: 21771

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:34 PM

Klaus-Dieter, thanks so much for the Friends news. My first thought was that list of sets that whung posted above, I'd love them all to be Friends set (squirrel!).
And I love the sound of that pet shop, I'm always looking for more buildings for my city and Friends sets are a really nice source of them (unlike Lego City which should be called Lego Police State).
That pool sounds quite interesting too. It's a little strange there are no big sets but it'll make my wallet much happier.

#7 Haltiamieli

Haltiamieli

Member: 14151

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:25 AM

View Postwhung, on 12 September 2012 - 02:39 PM, said:

41017 Squirrel
41019 Turtle
41021 Poodle
Ooh! If these turn out to be true, I really hope that the new animals (at least a single one of them!) will be designed in not too cartoony cutesy style, so that they can be used in other themes besides Friends. I would love to have some squirrels in the trees around my Castle village. :sweet:

Edited by Haltiamieli, 13 September 2012 - 12:25 AM.

Halti son of Halti, a warrior of the Clan of the Great Elk and a loyal member of the Mitgardia Guild.
Supporting in Cuusoo: trebuchet, big trees, medieval theatre wagon, blacksmith's house...

#8 Oky

Oky

• RA Anniversary Baker and a Quidditcher

Member: 2028

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:43 AM

A turtle, eh? I wonder if it uses any parts from the TMNT theme? :grin:
Seriously though, I also hope that these wont be too cartoony/cutesy as they would be quite useful in various other themes, but if the animals that we got so far are any indication, I don't have much hope.

#9 Lordofdragonss

Lordofdragonss

Member: 5310

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:16 AM

Sounds as really exiting sets. I really wonder if we get more male figures with new hairstyles and how Turtle will fit to "normal" Lego Minifigs.
High Chief Of Agriculture of Avalonia
Avalonian Orc Commander

#10 Ferrik

Ferrik

Member: 16252

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:22 AM

This isn't really related but there's an interesting article about Friends from the Sydney Morning Herald: http://www.dailylife...0913-25tnf.html

It's an article about how much LEGO sales have improved because of Friends and how controversial the Friends sets are. :wink:

Edited by Ferrik, 13 September 2012 - 07:37 AM.

Mafia History

Played as
Posted Image
Betty in The Pearl Mafia.

My Academy-approved reviews: 9469 Gandalf Arrives, 8236 Bike Burner, 30027 Reindeer, 8737 Toa Hordika (Bionicle),8514 Power

#11 RoxYourBlox

RoxYourBlox

Member: 19647

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:14 PM

I suppose I can understand the focus on animals in 2013 because my 5-year-old daughter has repeatedly asked me to build a zoo.  However, as a parent, I'd like to buy more sets such as Olivia's workshop to reinforce her self-esteem.

Edited by RoxYourBlox, 13 September 2012 - 03:27 PM.

#12 Haltiamieli

Haltiamieli

Member: 14151

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:16 PM

View PostRoxYourBlox, on 13 September 2012 - 03:14 PM, said:

However, as a parent, I'd like to buy more sets such as Olivia's workshop to reinforce her self-esteem.
At least around where I live Olivia's workshop seemed to be the least selling set of the first wave. In one store there was for many weeks a shelf completely scavenged from any Friends sets whatsoever (afaik they had problems with keeping up with the demand) except a nice amount of Olivia's workshop. :tongue: As much as we as adults may applaud the positive role model in said set, it may not have been as well received by many of the target audience.
Halti son of Halti, a warrior of the Clan of the Great Elk and a loyal member of the Mitgardia Guild.
Supporting in Cuusoo: trebuchet, big trees, medieval theatre wagon, blacksmith's house...

#13 BrettBrick

BrettBrick

Member: 12358

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:55 PM

Looking forward to the new large sets. They seem to be the first to sell out at the shops. Most of the smaller ones are still on the shelf. But Olivia's house, the cafe and vet sold out quick. Now the horse sets sold out quick.

#14 CM4Sci

CM4Sci

Member: 23274

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:26 PM

Expect some Friends animal collectable packs like the minifigs with a household item included.

41000 Andrea's Jetski
41001 Mia's Magic Show
41002 Emma's Karate Course
41003 "Olivia's Foal"
41004 "Stephanie's Grand Entrance"
41008 "Large swimming pool"
41011 Football Training with Stephanie

-Sci

Edited by CM4S, 15 September 2012 - 08:48 PM.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image   Posted Image

#15 just2good

just2good

• Celebrity Pants Wetter

Member: 4916

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:41 PM

View PostCM4S, on 15 September 2012 - 08:26 PM, said:

Expect some Friends animal collectable packs like the minifigs.

41001 Mia's Magic Show
41002 Emma's Karate Course
41003 "Olivia's Foal"
41004 "Stephanie's Grand Entrance"
41008 "Large swimming pool"
41011 Football Training with Stephanie
-Sci
Don't forget 41000 Andrea's Jetski. :wink:

#16 Fugazi

Fugazi

• Welcome to Eurobricks. How can I help you?

Member: 8966

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:47 PM

Most interesting from the list on http://www.spielwaren-werst.de is the following:

6029277 Friends - Collectibles Series 1 -Bags contain 1 cute animals, and his home-single action item! -From 5 years
(Google translation)
New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here
Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

#17 just2good

just2good

• Celebrity Pants Wetter

Member: 4916

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:56 PM

View PostFugazi, on 15 September 2012 - 08:47 PM, said:

Most interesting from the list on http://www.spielwaren-werst.de is the following:

6029277 Friends - Collectibles Series 1 -Bags contain 1 cute animals, and his home-single action item! -From 5 years
(Google translation)
Yea, Sci mentioned that already. :sweet:
I always thought TLG was going to start releasing Friends CMFs.

#18 Wout

Wout

Member: 1485

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:02 PM

I also saw some pics.

The friends animal sets are little sets with one animal and some base
41017 Squirrel house is like a little tree house
41018 Cats playground I don't know exactly any more
41019 Turtle hut is beach like, but I cannot say if the turtle will be used for the TMNT

second wave
41020 Hedgehog house
41021 Poodle with things
410?? Rabbit with outside house.

The new little sets look al good and different from the normal "girly girl" stuff

Andreas Jetski is quite the same as the one we already have (haven't we? :look:)
Mias Magic show is quite nice as she can dissapear and reappaer her rabbit (and she has a new card game tile that reminds me of the old one in the 1996 western sets :wub: )
41002 Emmas Karate Dojo is a very nice set were Emma can learn to handle her frustations and smash some lego blocks insteads of her friends. :tongue:  :laugh:
41003 Olivias Foal is a set were Olivia can care about a little foal.
41011 Football Training with Stephanie is also a more modern set where stephanie can play football training with a big goal. the only problem is that her little doggie is the only other player, but that can be worked out. Very nice if little brothers whine that girls can't play football, Sister can let see even the friends girls do it.
41004 Stephanies big sing event is a stage where she can sing and even a backroom where she can do things like make up and drink herself complety drunk afterwards. :wink:
41004 Petshop is a nice shop with pes and two figs.
41008 Swimming pool is big with waterslide, bar, little house to change your clothes and basket ball thing for in the pool.
2 Figs.
Duke of Equestria

#19 CM4Sci

CM4Sci

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:04 PM

View PostWout, on 15 September 2012 - 09:02 PM, said:

41008 Swimming pool is big with waterslide, bar, little house to change your clothes and basket ball thing for in the pool.
2 Figs.

What exactly does the "pool" look like? Do you actually fill it up with water or what?

-Sci

#20 Aanchir

Aanchir

• Color Encyclopedia

Member: 8841

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:11 PM

I also saw some pics.

The friends animal sets are little sets with one animal and some base
41017 Squirrel house is like a little tree house
41018 Cats playground I don't know exactly any more
41019 Turtle hut is beach like, but I cannot say if the turtle will be used for the TMNT

second wave
41020 Hedgehog house
41021 Poodle with things
410?? Rabbit with outside house.

The new little sets look al good and different from the normal "girly girl" stuff

Andreas Jetski is quite the same as the one we already have (haven't we? :look:)
Mias Magic show is quite nice as she can dissapear and reappaer her rabbit (and she has a new card game tile that reminds me of the old one in the 1996 western sets :wub: )
41002 Emmas Karate Dojo is a very nice set were Emma can learn to handle her frustations and smash some lego blocks insteads of her friends. :tongue:  :laugh:
41003 Olivias Foal is a set were Olivia can care about a little foal.
41011 Football Training with Stephanie is also a more modern set where stephanie can play football training with a big goal. the only problem is that her little doggie is the only other player, but that can be worked out. Very nice if little brothers whine that girls can't play football, Sister can let see even the friends girls do it.
41004 Stephanies big sing event is a stage where she can sing and even a backroom where she can do things like make up and drink herself complety drunk afterwards. :wink:
41004 Petshop is a nice shop with pes and two figs.
2 Figs.
These sound incredible! Question: Do the Football Training and Swimming Pool sets use the same ball pieces as in the old LEGO Sports? If they are the same I know a LOT of people will be happy. At Brickfair in Chantilly, Virginia this year there was much demand for those pieces for use in the Great Ball Contraption, one of the event's most popular features with the public.

Definitely not stereotypically girly stuff in any way. I was a bit worried that depending on how the target market reacted to the first year of sets TLG might be encouraged to go with stuff that is more culturally reinforced as "girly", but if anything it seems like they have truly branched out into more diverse stuff. I look forward to pictures.

Posted Image recommends the following sites:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#21 Oky

Oky

• RA Anniversary Baker and a Quidditcher

Member: 2028

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:15 PM

Those collectable animal sets sound interesting indeed, but since they're numbered and come with an individual home, I guess they wont be mystery packs like the CMFs, more like the planet sets from SW where it clearly says what's inside. Which is good, because I had no intent to stand in a Lego Store for an hour feeling pink bags with cute animals on them. :tongue:

Pink Hulk anyone? :laugh_hard:

#22 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

• Doing the Chicken Dance

Member: 7997

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:31 PM

Soccer and Karate for the girl's next, good on Lego for a different approach to this theme....though it's a pity it wasn't rugby instead of soccer ! :laugh:
Plus it's sounds like new animals for next year....perhaps a zoo might come along in the end eh ?  :grin:

#23 Wout

Wout

Member: 1485

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:26 PM

Same ball pieces?

The ball in the Swimming pool looked more like a 20 sided dice from Dungeons and Dragons, but the pictures sometimes also looked more like computer animations, the other ball I can't remember, but I think it would be logical Lego use the old football for that.

Can you fill the pool with water?

I actually don't know.

Pink Hulk?

Yes, I had the idea they were inspired by your moc.
It is a good sign Lego learn girls how to handle wih anger management. :grin:

Edited by Wout, 16 September 2012 - 06:28 PM.

Duke of Equestria

#24 CM4Sci

CM4Sci

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:41 PM

View PostWout, on 16 September 2012 - 06:26 PM, said:

Can you fill the pool with water?

I actually don't know.

Well.. was the pool an empty container type thing?  :sceptic:  What did it look like

-Sci

#25 Multiverse

Multiverse

Member: 17443

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:03 PM

View PostWout, on 16 September 2012 - 06:26 PM, said:

The ball in the Swimming pool looked more like a 20 sided dice from Dungeons and Dragons, but the pictures sometimes also looked more like computer animations, the other ball I can't remember, but I think it would be logical Lego use the old football for that.

Not neccessarily. I think it's a long time since the last use of that piece, and they might very well have gotten rid of the mould. Alternatively, they might simply want to renew it to fit better with the current mould sortiment.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users