Kai NRG

Micro Village - The Start of Auner

Ageven has finally made the decision to start up his own little town on one of the Kaliphlin peninsulas. As a first step he had Rex make a model of the layout.

14677760022_964cb8e9d2.jpg

Of course the most essential part is Ageven's Castle up on the cliffs!

14674864561_28cc8b1ed3.jpg

Ageven is hoping the location will prove a good one agriculturally, but he isn't sure yet. Still, it looks nice in the model!

14491426068_214dbcb30d.jpg

Another overview:

14697942883_550b64fe96.jpg

Comments are welcome! I'm not completely sure that water technique fit the scale, but I hope it turned out all right.

I'd also like UoP credits for Studs up Rocks and Cliffs (Landscape Design), Crop Farming (Agriculture and Zoology), Mountains or Cliffs (Geography).

Thanks for taking a look!

Edited by Kai NRG

This is very detailed and well done. The water might look better without the waves, they seem kinda out of scale but that is the only thing wrong with it! May I ask where you got the plants for the field from they look nice. :thumbup:

Cool! I like the use of the bamboo leaves to create that dense feel!what could they be growing that's almost as tall as their homes? :laugh:

Thanks! Yes, I had something of the same thought... at minifigure scale though, that would make good grass!

This is very detailed and well done. The water might look better without the waves, they seem kinda out of scale but that is the only thing wrong with it! May I ask where you got the plants for the field from they look nice. :thumbup:

Thanks! Yes, I agree the water would be better without waves. I think that was what was bugging me but I couldn't tell!

As far as the plants, those are just bamboo stalks turned sideways. They interlock pretty well, but don't try it unless you're willing to end up with a dozen or so broken ones - I over strained several!

Nice! Are those bamboo leaves ones that are broken?

They weren't broken at first! Seven or eight of them succumbed to the pressure though I didn't realize that until I took it apart (and none are completely broken yet, but they're hardly attached).

Thanks!

Personally i don't feel much for microscale, but this a very neat build! :thumbup:

Wow! Those bamboo leaves work perfectly for the micro-scale! I wish it didn't damage the pieces though...

Great build - and am I right in expecting we will see this is full scale later? :) Took me a while to figure out that the odd thing in the lower right was a compas! Great detail!

Before I read your description I thought the white and black houses were larger-scale sheep...

Nicely done! What piece is the fountain?

Thanks guys!

Great build - and am I right in expecting we will see this is full scale later? :) Took me a while to figure out that the odd thing in the lower right was a compas! Great detail!

Yeah, the colors are a little off. I had actually meant to face the red up top as North, but somehow it got turned around... :look:

I don't know that it will look the same or even similar, and probably not all at once (more likely that I build one section, destroy it, then build another), but I do plan on building some parts of the village, and maybe even the castle!

Thanks!

Before I read your description I thought the white and black houses were larger-scale sheep...

Nicely done! What piece is the fountain?

:laugh: I guess that means I should BL the right pieces in brown or tan or something!

Thanks! It's a Brick Forge Test Tube, in light blue.

Great work here! The bamboo leaves and the castle on top of the mountain are two outstanding details here!

Edited by de Gothia

Another excellent microscale build Kai! The overall use of colour in this is very appealing, and i like your technique for the crops. :thumbup: (pity it stresses the parts tho - i've been caught out like that before too) The path up the cliff and the castle walls with it's moat looks cool as well, as do the tiny houses in the village. I'm not so sure about the flat grey square that the town sits on... it feels like it needs something, either some colour variation or perhaps a wall as a boundry or something? (You might want a sea wall anyway, as that appears to be very low lying land - it wouldn't take much of a tidal surge to cause problems!)

UoP +1 for studs-up rocks, cliffs/mountains and crop farming. I personally don't feel that microscale trees ought to be counted, (unless they really are amazing in some way) as they don't take much effort to achieve.

ps. I get that there is a compass rose in the bottom left corner (nice touch btw!), but what is the deal with the pile of coins next to it?

Great work here! The bamboo leaves and the castle on top of the mountain are two outstanding details here!

Thanks dG!

Another excellent microscale build Kai! The overall use of colour in this is very appealing, and i like your technique for the crops. :thumbup: (pity it stresses the parts tho - i've been caught out like that before too) The path up the cliff and the castle walls with it's moat looks cool as well, as do the tiny houses in the village. I'm not so sure about the flat grey square that the town sits on... it feels like it needs something, either some colour variation or perhaps a wall as a boundry or something? (You might want a sea wall anyway, as that appears to be very low lying land - it wouldn't take much of a tidal surge to cause problems!)

UoP +1 for studs-up rocks, cliffs/mountains and crop farming. I personally don't feel that microscale trees ought to be counted, (unless they really are amazing in some way) as they don't take much effort to achieve.

ps. I get that there is a compass rose in the bottom left corner (nice touch btw!), but what is the deal with the pile of coins next to it?

Thanks Gabe! Yes, looking at it this way the grey slab does seem like it needs a little something. I get your point on the trees, I'll take back the claim.

Yes, maybe I was going a bit overboard with the coins there... maps often have a treasure chest or something in one corner, and that's the feeling I was going for, but I wasn't too successful! :tongue:

UoP DoH +1 for all credits. Fine work with this, the castle is great, very simple yet very elegant. I also like how you did the foliage to the right :thumbup:

Really cool micro build, Kai. The sideways bamboo leaves give a really neat look and I like little houses :thumbup:

The rockwork is good, though I'm not a fan of the clips used in it. The compass in the corner is a neat touch. Well done :classic:

For it being really small, you make great use of the plant pieces, great job and it was very clever of you!

UoP DoH +1 for all credits. Fine work with this, the castle is great, very simple yet very elegant. I also like how you did the foliage to the right :thumbup:

Thanks Scaevola!

Really cool micro build, Kai. The sideways bamboo leaves give a really neat look and I like little houses :thumbup:

The rockwork is good, though I'm not a fan of the clips used in it. The compass in the corner is a neat touch. Well done :classic:

Thanks SK! I've had those little house designs sitting around for quite a while now!

For it being really small, you make great use of the plant pieces, great job and it was very clever of you!

Thanks! I'm not even quite sure how I came up with the idea... just started stacking I guess!

Great work again Kai, you are definitely skilled at this micro builds. As mentioned above, the micro landscaping and flora is very well done, though my favorite part has to be the tiny path up the mountainside. Love the design too of the castle up top. The water fountain in the town square is a great touch too!

Edited by MassEditor

Nice micro Kai!!!

+1 for all the claims!

I would not be Damaximus if I didn't ask this question: where is it located? :D :D

Also is it your plan to make a part of your city in minifigscale? :)

Great work again Kai, you are definitely skilled at this micro builds. As mentioned above, the micro landscaping and flora is very well done, though my favorite part has to be the tiny path up the mountainside. Love the design too of the castle up top. The water fountain in the town square is a great touch too!

Thanks! I'm glad someone mentioned the path... it was such a pain!

..I would not be Damaximus if I didn't ask this question: where is it located? :D :D ... Also is it your plan to make a part of your city in minifigscale? :)

About here! Yes, I plan on building parts of it at minifig scale... not all at once like Ecc or Kabel, but little by little!

Thanks!

Very cool micro scale build!

Thanks Hammerhand!

Thanks! I'm glad someone mentioned the path... it was such a pain!

About here! Yes, I plan on building parts of it at minifig scale... not all at once like Ecc or Kabel, but little by little!

Thanks!

Thanks Hammerhand!

Haha that's very close to my city :D that our two cities may bond their strengths and work together !

I am also keeping my city Mocs just like Kabel and Ecc. I still have the western part complete (200x100 studs with gate, wall, market and palace in it) and now I am almost finished with my northeastern corner (150x60 studs with university, library and IAMS hq in it) :)

Edited by Damaximus

Very nice build! You are definitely one of the top microscale builders of GoH :classic:

Clever design of the houses and crop field. I think however that the castle is missing a tower or two in the left part of the wall?

I also think the presentation would have been improved by having a smoother background or editing it to remove the corners.

UoP +1 for Studs up Rocks and Cliffs (Landscape Design), Crop Farming (Agriculture and Zoology), Mountains or Cliffs (Geography).