Sign in to follow this  
WhiteFang

5621 Coast Guard Kayak Review

index2.jpg

Hello all Eurobricks members,

I will be doing a continuation of my Impulse set reviews. This will be the third review at a go. Hope everyone of you will find this review useful in a way. :classic:

Name: Coast Guard Kayak

Theme: LEGO System / Town / City

Year: 2008

Pieces: 21

Minifigs: 1

An image of a 5621, Coast Guard Kayak

1.jpg

Roll Roll, Roll your boat

7.jpg

It seemed the coast guard has a kayak of his own, roaming in the sea, making sure that swimmers will be safe in the beach. Now, I am illustrating him as a life guard instead. :tongue:

This set is simply wonderful. Among the 4 new impulse sets, Coast Guard Kayak is the best looking set in my opnion. The kayak design is very simple but looks realistic . Furthermore, if you don't need it to be a coast guard kind of stuff. Use it as a leisure water spot instead down in the marina. I will think any LEGO citizen will love to have some water spot in their busy life. So come down here and wind down with this new sport. :wink:

Bits and Pieces

4.jpg

Kayak and the bouy

5.jpg

The bouy is very useful to position it at the coast of your water to highlight the boundaries in the sea, and warning incoming ships or vessels. Oh, I did not make it tilted purposely. There is a white round base which allow it to tilt on both ends. :tongue:

Useful parts

3.jpg

These parts are useful to add on in your city. Somehow, when I see that red cone, I can use it as a police stop, to inspect vehicles on the road or form a barricade with it. The bouy base shape is unique too. I like it very much. It is great to attached it by the side of the boat as a life bouy. :sweet:

The coast guard's life vest and helmet are very useful for water activites. The life vest was produced in past sets, and now it re-surfaced again. I am glad these vests made their way back. :classic:

A look of him, without the life vest

2.jpg

Summary review

Playability: 7.5/10 (Fun to play with, especially the bouy when you see it moving up and down.)

Design: 8.5/10 (Design is simple but straight to the point, especially the kayak design.)

Price: 8/10 (An inexpensive set to get more coast guards and more kayaks.)

Overall: 8.5/10 (A very good set to have in your LEGO town. The kayak is simply so lovely to me.)

Hope everyone of you enjoyed reading this simple review of mine. Comments and Critics are strongly welcomed.

Pictures can be found in My Brickshelf (When moderated)

Thanks for doing these Impulse sets, WhiteFang. This set looks like it has a good number of useful parts. I dont have the minifig torso or head, nor the oar or the life jacket. :thumbup:

This set is simply wonderful.

You know, that's exactly what I thought. I love it! It's simple, well designed, and cute. There are some nice pieces in there as well, and I really do quite like the fig- the new coastguard torso looks great.

Thanks!

Thank you for the nice review. :classic:

The set is nice, the pieces are nice.

And the grey helmet is great for an additional Star wars rebel technician.

I really enjoyed your review of the kayak! So many little things in one set that aren't currently in my collection. I didn't even realise it came with a buoy!

Cool helmet, lifejacket, face, and oar, I will definitely need one of these!

Cheers

ISC :skull: