Sign in to follow this  
Captain'Spaulding

MOC Ostrich-pop"racer.

This is my last creation build for the L13 contest on Brickpirate. Rules are to build a landspeeder or a podracer whit other Lego theme, like POP, PotC, sponge bob, TS etc.

I wish build something funy, whit parts that I've never used.

The contest and the entry here:

http://www.legopirate.net/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=7918

moc_po10.jpg

moc_po11.jpg

moc_po12.jpg

moc_po13.jpg

moc_po14.jpg

moc_po15.jpg

moc_po16.jpg

moc_po17.jpg

moc_po18.jpg

moc_po19.jpg

moc_po22.jpg

moc_po24.jpg

Comments and critisim are welcome, I hope that you like seeing it as I like building it!

Capt'n Spaulding.

Excellent! :thumbup: :thumbup:

I haven't seen actual sand used before but I daresay it looks excellent! I like the design of the machine; very steampunk-inspired, and the pilot caps on the ostriches are so funny but wonderful! :wink:

The layout of the palm trees is perfect; decor positioning is a critical skill often overlooked in MOCs but you've nailed the exact placement for the optimum visual effect! My hat's off to you for that!

I think this would be better suited in the Star Wars or Licensed forums, but it doesn't really matter...

Anyway, it's a very funny and original design that I'd never have thought of! The podracer is excellent, and I'm very happy that you took the time to make that excellent scenery for the model. The ostriches' helmets are very funny, too.

Well done, and thanks for sharing! I don't know if the contest is over yet, but if it's not, good luck!

Excellent creation Captain'Spaulding! I really like the idea of an ostrich-drawn "PoP"-racer, and the details are really consistent with the PoP theme. Kudos too for the sandbox presentation. Great job overall and best of luck in the competition! :thumbup:

I think this would be better suited in the Star Wars or Licensed forums, but it doesn't really matter...

I think this is better fitted in the Licensed forum so I'm gonna move it there.

I actually had the same idea for a podracer for the recent FBTB's podracer challenge, but couldn't submit it because the rules stated that you couldn't use any animals in the design.

Edited by MirriPrime

Very original MOC!

I wasn't aware that the helmets fit snugly on the ostrich's head, great detail!

Your palm tree construction is also very nice! Simply great!

Edited by freakwave

Great idea! Interesting that the sand is part of the MOC (in a way) rather than being scenery. I don't think I've seen anything that uses actual sand as part of the design.

Great idea! Interesting that the sand is part of the MOC (in a way) rather than being scenery. I don't think I've seen anything that uses actual sand as part of the design.

I think that are tiny crumbles of dry bread, not real sand.