Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Playmobil Goes Egyptian

NEWS FOR PLAYMOBIL FANS

I know that there has been some discussion about Lego having a Roman and/or Egyptian theme, and just read this evening that Playmobil will be designing a new Egyptian theme as a continuation to their Roman theme (with set numbers).

Sets will include a pyramid, Nile ship, sphinx, temple, Egyptian chariot, and grave robbers.

As a Playmobil fan (yes, I can like both Lego and Playmobil), I'm really looking forward to this new theme.

I'll post a picture or two when available for those of you who enjoy Playmobil (I know there's a few of us on EB).

Perhaps Lego will also offer a Roman and/or Egyptian theme in the future to copy Playmobil.

NEWS FOR PLAYMOBIL FANS

I think you lost us at "Playmobil"... This is a Lego Forum after all. But I admit They are going in the direction TLC should. But TLC is improving (Republic Gunsip)...

Stauder

Edited by Stauder

Cool! I wish LEGO would take an active look at the Playmobil line and copy the heck out of it in some ways, but I don't see it happening.

As great as they are though, If I ever made the dangerous first step of buying one, I'd end up in more trouble than I already am just keeping up with LEGO... *sigh*

I think you lost us at "Playmobil"... This is a Lego Forum after all. But I admin They are going in the direction TLC should. But TLC is improving (Republic Gunsip)...

Stauder

Thankfully you don't admin anything, but the mere thought of it sent a momentary shiver down the spine of this cold blooded show host ... :-X

Attempting to add more playability to the line, TLG surprised everyone today when they announced that the new Clone Wars sets would include a combination of the old RGS and the Cantina, suitably named the Republic Gunsip. Or maybe only in Staudieworld. :-P

Cool! I wish LEGO would take an active look at the Playmobil line and copy the heck out of it in some ways, but I don't see it happening.

As great as they are though, If I ever made the dangerous first step of buying one, I'd end up in more trouble than I already am just keeping up with LEGO... *sigh*

Thankfully you don't admin anything, but the mere thought of it sent a momentary shiver down the spine of this cold blooded show host ... :-X

Attempting to add more playability to the line, TLG surprised everyone today when they announced that the new Clone Wars sets would include a combination of the old RGS and the Cantina, suitably named the Republic Gunsip. Or maybe only in Staudieworld. :-P

I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries! :-P

Stauder

Edited by Stauder

@Stauder: I don't think that is funny...

Great! Playmobil is a nice toy, when I was young(er) I had as much Playmobil as LEGO, but when I was ten I have put my Playmobil on the attic and kept playing with my LEGO.

Those guys at that company have really great ideas. Not that I will buy something now. It's cool to see how they involve with awesome series or themes.

*wacko* That is a really bad idea.

I have a playmobile set or two :-$ I have a zoo and a huge amount of rocks, which are actually rather great in how easy and cool it is to make all the formations and such.. however restricted. I plan to sell them sometime :-P

I had a little playmobile fad for abit, but I much prefer lego (Obviously most here would I presume)..

Firstly Strauder leave the admin work to staff, second this is a lego site and playmobile can go get there own site.

So as i fail to see the point of this topic i'll close it.

So as i fail to see the point of this topic i'll close it.

I've asked permission to the good Lord Vader to re-open this Playmobil related thread just in this case.

He agreed and I've promised I'll keep a personal eye on this thread (so no kids do spamming here >:-( ).

I'm a big fan of history and Egyptian history is very high in my list.

I really would like to see pictures of these Playmobil sets.

So Brickster, please post them here when they are available.

Maybe they'll inspire me to make some Egyptian Lego MOCs.

I don't know if we should hope for an Egyptian Lego Theme, but some Egyptian minifg accessories from one of the Lego customizers would be nice.

Anyway, Lego just released the Indy Lost Tomb set which is an Egyptian set.

So we have no reason to complain :-D

Firstly Strauder leave the admin work to staff,

Yeah sure Pick on the Typo Guy... X-D

Boneparte has a point - And let's not forget to mention the old Advanturer's sets... Which Im sure we all loved *wub*

Stauder

Playmobile is a great toy. Good to see this topic back up, as it should be. *y*

I'm still partial to the town sets myself. alsoways loved that big crane thats been avaible for like 15+years! :-D

Neat. I remember playing with Playmobil when I was young also, plus this sort of reminds me when Johnny Thunder and friends went to Egypt back in 1999. Good times, good times. :'-)

I don't know if we should hope for an Egyptian Lego Theme, but some Egyptian minifg accessories from one of the Lego customizers would be nice.

You got plenty of egyptian stuff with the johnny thunder line ! Plus they usually sell cheap on ebay ;-)

I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries! :-P

Stauder

stauder, you silly english type, you dont even realise that a cow is dropping on you.

for egyptian theres adventurers, and romans would be cool!

monty python ON!

ni!

jifel

Edited by jifel

You all better stop this squabbling, lest I bring forth the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch!

Anyhoo, I have a few buckets full of playmobil in a closet somewhere, and I've always liked it (not as much as LEGO of course) and I think that LEGO could take some hints from them on where to go to next. (Romans, bringing back pirates, etc)

U_T

You all better stop this squabbling, lest I bring forth the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch!

U_T

right! 1, 2, 5!

3 sir.

3! X-D

do you have pics?(playmobile)

ni!

jifel

Edited by jifel

I'll add some pictures of the new line-up when available. It sounds like some of you like Playmobil. I'm really looking forward to seeing the pyramid, sphinx, and the grave robbers. I'll keep you posted.

I'll add some pictures of the new line-up when available. It sounds like some of you like Playmobil. I'm really looking forward to seeing the pyramid, sphinx, and the grave robbers. I'll keep you posted.

Tks ;-)

I was talking yesterday to TRU employees about Lego and the discussion came to a comparison with Playmo and I told him I would want Lego to copy a lot Playmo (and I really think it for a lot of different reasons) and he laughed and told me never to say that to a Lego Rep X-D Oh trust me I will one day >:-)

I love their Roman line and I can't wait to see their Egyptian line whi I think will be superb !! Look at the quality of Cleopatra 8-

You got plenty of egyptian stuff with the johnny thunder line ! Plus they usually sell cheap on ebay ;-)

Indeed. How could I forget those 8-|

These were released in my dark ages, but I'm buying them now.

I recently acquires the Pharaoh's Forbidden Ruins and Sphinx Secret Surprise.

And since Playmo also plans a sphinx and temple, we'll be able to do a nice comparison with the Lego versions.

Tks ;-)

I was talking yesterday to TRU employees about Lego and the discussion came to a comparison with Playmo and I told him I would want Lego to copy a lot Playmo (and I really think it for a lot of different reasons) and he laughed and told me never to say that to a Lego Rep X-D Oh trust me I will one day >:-)

I once said that the Lego and Playmobil management should be switched...

Is it bad to say something like that? :-$

But that was before the Indy Theme...

I love their Roman line and I can't wait to see their Egyptian line whi I think will be superb !! Look at the quality of Cleopatra 8-

Sorry about the double-post, but for those of you interested in seeing the new Playmobil Egyptian sets, these early images hit the Playmobil sites today:

playmobilegypt.jpg

This makes me want to expand the Lego Adventurers Desert and Indy themes.

Take a look at the detail of the sphinx. The pyramid looks very detailed as well. I predict Lego will sooner or later copy Playmobil and offer some historic themes.

LEGO could take a few cues from Playmobil insofar as a few themes go. Stuff like this Egypt theme holds some real possibilities from a building standpoint. The arcitecture of ancent Egypt just begs for the LEGO treatment.

And speaking of begging, I want LEGO to give us a Hobo set

hobo.jpg

And what's with that cop? Is he a member of the Kaiser's police force? deino2.gif