Sign in to follow this  
Pvt13

AoM Gate Phase 1: The Pale Moosehead

I got the inspiration for this simple gate design from this picture below and the moose from the Lakeside Lodge set. I just had to put them together to make a gate for Bjorr and Edd to finally reach Loksvika.

https://www.google.n...465630979334724

And here they are, passing under the Moosehead gate, spring is coming to an end and everything is going full on before the autumn storms kick in.

Bjorr: " Look Edd, Moosehead gate, just a little more and were home! I'll drop you off at your place and I'll send the herbalist to you as soon as possible."

Edd: *mumbles something incomprehensible.

Bjorr: " This fever sure brought you down low, never seen anyone as pale as you, you're almost as pale as our Moosehead here."

Edd: "..."

Bjorr: " Anyway, next trip we make, we'll make camp somewhere else. If a mosquito can take you down, I don't want to know what would happen to me."

Edd: * Coughs and moans as the cart bounces over a rock.

Bjorr: " And we'll bring two horses, this load is getting pretty heavy.

IMG_20160610_093244.jpg

IMG_20160610_093408.jpg

IMG_20160610_093124.jpg

IMG_20160610_093601.jpg

P.S. The battery on my camera died, so I had to take pictures with my phone. Camera loves me...the bastard.

Neat wooden arch, the moose head is a clever design :thumbup: The path and bits of rock on either side also look good.

Poor Edd, I hope he makes a full recovery :cry_sad:

Nice build, Pvt, the path is quite good, and the Bjorr's pack is great as well! :wink: I hope Edd will be able to recover, it sounds pretty bad! :look:

Nice vignette, I didn't even know that brick moose was a thing until now, I really like that axe and shield on back combo. :classic:

My suggestion would be to add a few more stones to the road, although that might not have been an option.

I had more stones in the road, but it just started to look too busy. And it being a well traversed road made me think to remove the stones where the wheels would ride.

I like it a lot!

The moose is great, and indeed the shield on the back is a great touch too

I like the cart, and the path looks really nice. The moose head is also very impressive. Nice job!

Great moose head !

I like this scenette and particularly the fact that one of your character is laying on the cart. It's not usual to see such a position but you managed to render it quite well. So good job on that !

Another great build, and continuation to your story! :thumbup: The shields on the gate give some nice decoration, and I like the vine growing up the rocks.

Nice touch with the flags in the border too :classic:

Thanks guys! Thought I'd give a border a try, I think it came out pretty good. I tried putting the flags on the outside but it looked weird.

Poor Edd! He's not looking too good! Great continuation to your story and a nice little build :classic: I like how you put the wooden arch on the angle and the moose head on it is clever as well.

A good build, but especially the story is fun, Edd's contributions to the conversation are rather hilarious. :laugh: I hope he gets better soon, though!

I like it! It's simple, but well built. And it's a nice touch since we normally only see large town gates. And of course not every village and hamlet does have a majestic gate tower.