Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Rickety Water Tower

indexed.gif

Rickety Water Tower

If you're trying to get away from someone or something near the desolate town of Grave Stone, you might think twice before setting a foot on the ladder of the Rickety Water Tower. Climbing high into the midnight sky, an old hoot owl stands perched on the rotting wood railing, watching all that is seen and unseen. A strange green liquid drips from the water tower's black spicket. Could it be the putrid water of Grave Stone? Perhaps... but maybe the water tower hides something more sinister within its large storage container, something that smells of death. :skull:

watertower.jpg

Nicely constructed! I like the joined ladders and eerie black bird.

Im guessing that the ghost train doesn't need water (probably more likely it runs on spirits :tongue: )

Cant be a whole lot of real estate left to build in this town! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Edited by I Scream Clone

Brickster, wonderful new addition to the Gravestone Theme. You had certainly put in much efforts to make this theme of yours so outstanding. :sweet:

Rickety Water Tower design is wonderful. I love the way you combine only two color elements which is black and dark brown except for that storage container, of course. Everything fits in perfect. I will look forward this tower to be placed beside your rails. Great job, Brickster! :thumbup:

In addition, I noticed that the black spicket is 45 degree instead of the usual 90 degree. I am not sure how will the green liquid come out from that angle. Don't mind my silly comments. Just find it interesting. :wink:

Cant be a whole lot of real estate left to build in this town!

:laugh: I need to use some different background images now.

I noticed that the black spicket is 45 degree instead of the usual 90 degree. I am not sure how will the green liquid come out from that angle. Don't mind my silly comments. Just find it interesting.

Thanks for your comments WF. Good observation. The way these worked is that when they were not in use, the spicket would lift (like it is in the picture). When the trained passed underneath, the spicket was lowered for the water to come out. You probably can't tell from the picture, but it does lower for the train.

EDIT: Oh, and BTW: Thank you. Your comment reminded me that I failed to include a string/rope to raise and lower it. Got it now. :wink:

A fine addition to your ghostly train theme, well done! :thumbup:

Look out for me, oh muddy water

Your mysteries are deep and wide

And I got a need for goin' someplace

And I got a need to climb upon your back and ride

Roger Miller

Hmm.... what´s next? A spooky paddle steamer perhaps with a crew of undead showgirls? :look:

Hmm.... what´s next? A spooky paddle steamer perhaps with a crew of undead showgirls? :look:

Asuka: I can't believe you mentioned paddle steamer. I've been wanting to build one for a few years (no kidding). It won't be part of this Ghost Train collection, but one day...

As many on EB know, I also collect Playmobil. It was one of their sets that was made many years ago (in prototype form), but never produced. I always wanted to make one in Lego. If I can find the image, I'll post.

What made you think of a paddle steamer?

EDIT: Here's the image:

paddle_steamer.jpg

Well, I guess you explored the road and railway transport system pretty well, and beside some bewitched broom riding aviation

isn´t a real option, and I always loved shipping.... there´re for sure some nice possibilities with the spooky waterside environment

of Grave Stone, and a freaking creepy kind of Tom Sawyer character could work fine. :sweet:

Although.... aviation.... who can say exactly what sort of demonical powers drove that first Wright brothers flyer, huh...? :tongue:

Or what kind of fuel do the really burn in a sweet little montgolfier of horror, perhaps? :look:

Nice work here TheBrickster, great to see you churning out these things all the time!

I love your use of those large rounded panels, and the black roof works suprisingly well I must say. The owl is a great touch, especilly the eyes. The cross beams are very good too, I often have trouble with things like tht. Thanks for sharing, but no thanks for making even water towers scary :laugh:

Batbrick Away! :devil:

That water tower looks interesting and the story sounds good, too, TheBrickster! :thumbup:

The tower itself looks very nice. The only thing I'm not very sure about is whether there is a roof on the water box :sceptic: ?! But the colors are very well mixed: Brown with black and the water box in white.

Very well done! :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

and the black roof works suprisingly well I must say.

Batbrick: I always enjoy reading your comments/reviews.

The only thing I'm not very sure about is whether there is a roof on the water box

Yes, that is a roof. If you mean you're not sure if you like it or not, here's a picture of a water tower model for you to see a sample roof design. This was more or less the look that I was shooting for:

ART%20WATER%20TOWER.jpg

Looks great. When do we get to see the whole town together?

Steve

Looks great. When do we get to see the whole town together?

Thanks. I set up the entire collection this past Sunday (on the kitchen dinette). It looked pretty good, but the pictures did not come out well. So, to answer your question, I'm not sure. I am well pleased with the overall look of the collection, so I think I'd like to keep it up for a bit longer (perhaps even add a few more items).

Another excellent addition to the town, if I can ask a quick off topic question TheBrickster how did you hear about/get a picture of the Playmobil paddle steamer as it was never released?

Another excellent addition to the town, if I can ask a quick off topic question TheBrickster how did you hear about/get a picture of the Playmobil paddle steamer as it was never released?

Thanks CB. The pattle steamer picture was shared over Playmoboard, a Playmobil Web Site. According to the person who shared it, it is an actual picture of the prototype. It may just be a custom steam ship that someone made - but given the nice detail and "steam boat" pieces, I would think it would have been pretty hard to customize.

Either way, it's a great concept/inspiration picture for a Lego model.