nerdsforprez

Let's make Bat-Pod happen!

Moderators..... move this if you'd like... but I think this post belongs here. Here is my rationale. Two more beloved UCS tumbler tires... for free! This is certainly Technic-worthy news in my book, and I have not yet seen a lot of chatter about this topic here on the forum yet..... period, under any genres. Also, it looks like the batpod is mostly technic anyways.... wonderful, wonderful news.

Sorry to all those not in North America, truly am. This really sucks....why would TLG do a promo that is so exclusionary?? I will make my submission, but it also sucks that they are only giving out 75 per state/province. There are some states/provinces with triple, quadruple, etc. the population of othrs! As luck would have it, I live in the second most populous US state ---- BUMMER!

Got an e-mail about this yesterday, looks pretty nice!

And you're complaining about 75*50 states = 3750 models for one country whereas Europe gets 250 for the entire continent?!? :laugh:

And you're complaining about 75*50 states = 3750 models for one country whereas Europe gets 250 for the entire continent?!? :laugh:
Unfortunately, only 19 countries from Europe can participate :sceptic: , that's not ALL Europe, far from it.

Unfortunately, only 19 countries from Europe can participate :sceptic: , that's not ALL Europe, far from it.

250 / 19 = 13 per country, still quite far from the 3750 per country they get in USA :sweet: I don't know, I guess Batman and comic books in general is a lot bigger in USA :classic:

I thought they where only giving away 750 in north America. All I really want are the tires. what other set comes with those?

I thought they where only giving away 750 in north America. All I really want are the tires. what other set comes with those?

UCS Tumbler only

17073276047_aa68229305.jpg

A lot of you probably know the said luck draw.

What you may even know more is that you won't be able to get them because the chances are too slim and the prices on the secondary market will be way too high.

Feeling compelled to need to do something about it, I already sent the following email to the LEGO group.

"As a LEGO fan, I am always pleased to see new products coming out. Yet, the recent promotional lucky draw of 750 Limited Edition LEGO DC Super Heroes Bat-Pod (5004590) has disappointed me to the extent that I would like to voice out my opinion on this. The overwhelming exclusiveness of this set has made most of the LEGO fans around the world unable to have access to the set. Seeing the strong sales of 76023 The Tumbler, this Bat-Pod would be no exception and follow the suit if it were ever put on retail. Both the LEGO group and consumers will enjoy the most out of it. However, making this set exclusive to the lucky draw will only make the gains that could have well realized go to the hands of secondary market investors and an extremely limited number of fans. From the point of view of the VIP participants, they will make the LEGO DC Super Heroes purchase which they most likely would purchase anyway for one time at most just to try out their luck. They will not be buying in multiples as the chances are far too slim. If they truly wanted it, they would rather resort to the secondary market. And, the prices of the set on the secondary market will no doubt rise to a level that only a very few will be able to buy them and most of the sets will just stay sealed in the boxes for years to come. I truly understand that this promotional lucky draw will surely bring a lot of side-benefits to the company. But, compared with the gains if it were put on retail, I am sure the latter will do much more for the company and everyone else will gain more on the whole.

I am hoping the LEGO group can kindly consider putting the set on retail in the future while keeping the lucky draw an on-going thing so as not to hurt the chances of the people that are already into this and let more people enjoy the design effort put into the set and the fun it can bring. "

I am sure a lot of you would like to make this happen. Please send the email to the LEGO group to voice out your wishes at http://service.lego.com/en-us/contactus

You can use mine as the template and edit any way you see fit or you can just make your own. I am sure a lot of good things can happen when we act in unity just like the Ninjago line was once saved by the fans.

Let's all make this happen!

I can't even shop from Lego online and I am in Europe - "get it sent to a friend in another country" is their answer... so no VIP ever for me - I have to use ebay or bricklink

I say no. Keep it a collectable. If the Lego Company wants to blow their money on developing, manufacturing, packaging, and shipping of 750 Lego Bat-Pod sets to the fine people of the VIP program, then let them.

Also, I am pretty sure they will not be developing new pieces to make such a limited production kit. So, once the instructions are posted on their website, you should be able to make your own Bat-Pod from pieces you aleady have, or that you can order from Brick-link. You just will not own the collectable Box or the Collectable Instructions that came with the kit.

Plus, imagine if you are one of those 750 people...

Why can't LEGO just let us all enjoy it?

Even If I were one of those 750 people, I would rather have LEGO put it on retail as well even though it hurt the resale value that I might gain out of the set I "luckily" got. I would like to buy another one and have two copies of it. I would be happy enough since I already got one free.

And, also imagine if you were one of those non-chosen "750"...

Plus, I believe LEGO is in its full capacity production-wise to put this set on retail. It is totally fine to me for LEGO to have some ultra-exclusive products once in a while. It is the common marketing strategy. But, please not on this set...

I'm fine with this being exclusive so long as the following happen: 1. the tires get used in more sets, I mean come on those are awesome tires and so for they are in a UCS set and a 750 limited set. we need more options to get those! and 2nd. someone has to share the instructions. (if I win I will be sure to do that if no one beats me to it)

I can't even shop from Lego online and I am in Europe - "get it sent to a friend in another country" is their answer... so no VIP ever for me - I have to use ebay or bricklink

Well, my country is not on LEGO list, but I can shop the way they suggest.

I'm fine with this since there are no exclusive minifigures and the bricks look common enough (except the tires).

Furthermore, I do like the random draw dynamic as a fun side thing for Lego to offer.

I think people need to understand that LEGO is not just for children anymore. The definition of "play well" (i.e. LEGO meaning) is much broader then sitting down and building with the blocks. For adults, the definition may be MOCing, but it also may be investing or collecting. For many adults, this is the definition of "play". Many do not like this, but it is the reality. I am one of those adults. I enjoy collecting almost as much as I enjoy MOCing. The anticipation of owning a collectable is extremely enjoyable. And I should be able to enjoy my hobby of collecting just as much as the next guy/gal who enjoys building. I say keep it a collectable. Love the idea.

I'm ok with it, but I do understand the frustration. The tires are not that ridiculously expensive, and are likely to be included in a Technic set soon. Now I just have to try to remember to send an entry e-mail every day... I find it interesting that there is a limit of 75 per state, so you may have slightly better odds living in a less populous state or Canada.

Exactly. Must be nice to be a LEGO fan from Wyoming. only around a half a million people there. Odds are roughly 80 times more likely to win there then say, California. Unfortunately, I am in Texas......I have like a 60x less chance of winning then someone like in Wyoming.....

Exactly. Must be nice to be a LEGO fan from Wyoming. only around a half a million people there. Odds are roughly 80 times more likely to win there then say, California. Unfortunately, I am in Texas......I have like a 60x less chance of winning then someone like in Wyoming.....

although there is a limit of 75 for any given state, the odds of actually hitting that limit are very slim, everyone in the US is still going against the rest of the US. after all 75 for 1 state would be is 15% of the sets (15% of the 500), and since California is the most populated state at 12% of the US population they statistically still wont reach the 75 limit. as for our European friends, your odds are much harder to generalize. after all your entries are based solely on purchasing sets, and DC ones specifically this will dramatically lower the number of entries to compete against relative to the number those of us in the US are going up against. which probably explains why they adjusted the quantities in the way that they did.

Agreed, only the top couple of most populous states (CA, NY, TX) stand any real chance of hitting the 75/state limit, but mostly because the least populous states (WY, AK, ND) most likely won't get more than 1 or 2 across the whole state.

I do hope that they post the instructions online though.

Wow, I didn't see there was a limit per state. That makes it way more rough and arguably unfair.