Sign in to follow this  
de Gothia

Grief

There he was all alone at last. At her grave and her final rest. She laid at the same grave field as her ancestors. The funeral was beautiful and many hundred came to the ceremony. The grave keeper asked de Gothia if he should plant the lillies at her grave but de Gothia said no. He would like to do it himself. The lillies, a symbol for the graves that laid scatterd across the fields outside Gothia Castle. Quinn always thought that lillies was the perfect symbol for peace. She planted lillies at her fathers grave once with his uncle.

The guilt for letting Quinn go to serach for the Earth elememt thorned him apart. He missed her laughter, her smell and her kindness and he knew he would never see her again. There he was all alone at last...

7226316624_40bf769ddd.jpg

7226314420_0693946ba8.jpg

C&C much welcome as always! Tried to do some forced perspective...

Edit: My Kaliphin friend NM tried some editing and here is the result. Thanks NM!!

7239625420_0ea34f4486.jpg

Edited by de Gothia

I think your FP came out nicely, the trees look great :thumbup:

Sad to hear that Quinn died :cry_sad: ...

The build is really awesome. Maybe a little barren, but I can't really think of anything that could be added. As for the story, I think you can tell what I'm thinking.

:cry2:

A nice simple brilliant moc.

I love the trees on the background, they truly seem as very far away, nice usage of green hair piece, also the posture of your sig fig has a deep sense of grief. Very emotional.

I dont like Quinn passed away. Always thought she would only be missing or lost, but never this. :cry_sad:

Sorry for your loss dG! :sad:

But other than that an excellent idea! It really feels like he is mourning. Also the forced perspective worked out great. But what I like the most is that the other grave is there for a while, but allready covered with green :thumbup:

Edited by Ecclesiastes

Thanks! Glad you all liked it! I wanted to have some sort of twist on Quinn and I didn´t know what else I could do with the charachter...

About the barren land. I envision it to be a great green field like the ones in Rohan. Large graves and white flowers on top...

Edited by de Gothia

I am really sad to hear of Quinns death. I really like her!

However I really do like how you did the trees and the forced perspective :classic: (I think you used green hairpieces ?)

Well, in the words of one of my favorite comediennes:

"Dat's so sad!"

I take it you're not continuing the thread of story from the latest Challenge? Sounds like we'd all have liked to hear more from Quinn.

There's always time travel! ::Jumps in Tardis:: XD

So young, and so full of promise.

Why!!!

Wonderful build, the solitude and open vista really adds to the emotion.

But seriously, Quinn is one of the best characters in all of Historica. Why!!!?

:cry2:

My condolences Lord deGothia....Quinn was a fine representative of Avalonia, and we in the Nahtamätu had always hoped she would one day join our secretive band. Alas, the Gods of Historica had other plans.

It is with great sadness that I have learned of Quinn's passing. Although I have never personally met her, I have heard stories of her time here in Kaliphlin and I know Historica won't be quite the same without her.

Edit: Great use of those hairpieces btw... My only suggestion would to maybe ad more raised areas in the distance (mayby 1 plate high?) to make it look like a more used burial field... just a suggestion....

Edited by Mikel Kalores

Nice build - I like the forced perspective and the emotional aspect.

I would say that adding green baseplates on either side, so the the final green line is unbroken might enhance the effect. As it is, I can see that a 32x16 baseplate is ending. Just my thoughts.

Thanks again! If I knew she was so popular things could have been different! :classic:

I agree with the baseplates to the sides to give it more of a never ending field.

Regarding raised areas, I have two in the background, maybe not that clear.. :sceptic: But I wanted to create a naked scene without to many details to look at, just a grave and a man...

:cry_sad:

I like the trees. I have never done FP, so this look cool to me. I agree that an added baseplate on the sides or some cropping would enhance the look. Do you have a photo editing program? A blue backdrop could really enhances something like this as well.

Good work on expanding your skills!

Beauitiful. :dsad2: Be at rest, Quinn.

What I got from the perspective (that of the grave keeper) is that Quinn is burried near the far edge of the burrial grounds, and that most of the other cairns are behind de Gothia.

*sob* :cry_sad:

Very good MOC, although a quite a sad one.

=Legonardo=

The quest for the crystals was never going to be easy, unfortunatly the ultimate sacrifice was paid, but her efforts were not in vain.

Its actually kind of good that you killed one of your characters off, as it adds a more realistic tone to this world. We're not all superheros, brave warriors do indeed die, but their legends live on. I will be killing off a few characters when I start my next story line.

Great moc, I think 'less is more' works well for this scene. The main focus should be the grave, so in that respect you have done well. The forced perspective is a nice touch wit those trees. Like Z said, maybe some blue sky or a sombre gray sky would have really finished this scene off. Nice work

Oh no, that's terrible news... confirmed then? I'm so sad... :cry_sad: All of Kaliphlin mourns with you today DeGothia, she was a great ambassador of your land.

(ps. Nice FP btw, although i'm finding it hard to focus on through my tears... :cry_sad: )

Thanks again! :classic::blush:

I´m trying to work with Gimp but we are not the best of friends :wink: . There has to be a easier way to change background that I´ve learned from youtube...

And yes she is buried close to the edge of the field. Close to her father.

Now I have a moc to build. Soon (in about two mocs) de Gothia is going north...

It's beautifull here in the North! :wink:

So I´ve heard and seen! Soon I´ll be there as well!

First post updated with edited pics. Thanks NM for that! :classic:

Nice job on the posing of the figure and the perspective, it's always hard to pull that off. I like these kind of back stories, adding an emotional aspect in our builds and stories are surely an interesting thing to do.