Angeli

Lith My'athar

Lith My'athar is a dark elves (Drow ) city

lith-myathar-thumb.jpg

This is, by far, the biggest, most detailed, prettiest castle I have made; but also the scariest one :) Four strong were needed just to lift it; As usual, all of my bricks were used, except the tires :) at the end, I've borrowed some plates, baseplates and arches for the lava flow ;)

Only the lava flow haw more then 10.000 pcs, most of them trans orange cheese slopes; somewhere between 15.000 and 17.000 of red 1x2 bricks and more then 200 minifigs. I must say, looking at the pictures, only 1/10 of them can bee seen at first glimpse, but if you search and look closely enough, you can find them lurking from secret places, dark corners and under the bridges. Also, a large number of them can be found in this topic, amongst the posts. Also try here , here and here . Also, there are some funny explanations of the new Drow forces here and Drow cavalry from this city found here; seen trough the prism of our new guilds.

Please note that ALL the pictures are much better when seen large (click on the picture to see it large).

tcity-07.jpg tbridge-01.jpg

tcity-09.jpg tlava-flow-02.jpg

There is much controversy about this "little" Drow city. If you ask someone from the surface, he will tell you that this is indeed a small city, never conquered by the Valsharress, but that is only the deception organized by the Drow - constructed to make surfacers relaxed and unthreatened by the might of this grand city that has thus been left to grow and amass its forces. But now, the secret is out, and now, paladins are infiltrating the city.

About the city:

One part of the city comes out at the underground sea, and we can see the docks (and some idle Drow that is taunting that starfish monster). Other part of the city ends up with the great temple, which goes strait to the Great fall, with 101 steps, and two guarding towers. Next to it is a watch tower - Twisted Tower of Ashaba, with big astral Beholder chained to the top. Magma has been streamed trough it, and flows out in the middle of the tower, covering all surrounding land with lava. Stone damn prevents lava from spilling uncontrollably, and directs it to the dark blacksmith. Lava flow falls to the Great fall, where we can see ancient pyramid, and few of smoldering trees. Between tower and the temple there is a Lloth shrine. On the other side of the tower we can see a great bridge, which connects city with the rest of the Underdark. A detail: under the great bridge there is a Balhannoth, lurking at the unwary travelers.

Lava flow:....................................................................................................................................... Balhannoth:

tdetail-04.jpg tlava-flow-05.jpg tlava-flow-07.jpg tbalhannoth-02.jpg

Docks:

tdock-01.jpg tdock-02.jpg tdock-05.jpg

The city is complex union of many buildings, from whom most prominent are wizards tower, church of Lloth and hunters lodge.

The church of Lloth is famous for its gigantic stained-glass windows, and big spider on the top. At the bottom of the church there is sacrificial pit. On the left side there is a "city" tree", located in the middle of the pool. City tree is common for the Drow cities (remember city tree in Ched Nasad and in Menzoberranzan ?)

City tree:

tchurch-of-lloth-05.jpg tcity-20.jpg

Church of Lloth:

tchurch-of-lloth-07.jpg tchurch-of-lloth-01.jpg tchurch-of-lloth-08.jpg

At the bottom of the church there is a sacrificial pit, where we can see an unlucky adventurist being sacrificed at this moment to the Balhannoth monster, from which we can see only tentacles and long, sharp teethes. Do not worry, there is a rogue hidden on the top of one of the surrounding roofs, and she will save unlucky girl.

tsacrificial-pit-03.jpg tsacrificial-pit-02.jpg tsacrificial-pit-01.jpg tsacrificial-pit-04.jpg

Water flows trough the whole city. Drow have a simple philosophy: who says that if you are evil, you can not live in beautiful buildings? Being elves in their origin, their architecture is elegant, tall, slim and fantasy-beautiful.

Hunters lodge can be recognized by its deer-head shaped balcony. Inside the Great fall there is a Drow blacksmith. Thurnwheel is powered by lava, and many of the magic armor that drow use are made in this place

tblacksmith-plain.jpg tblacksmith-main.jpg tblacksmith-05.jpg

The lava flow covers more then 10 32x16 baseplates alone. There are almost 100 stained glass windows, 15 diferent types of them.

The whole city covering more then 300x300 studs; it almost 3x3 sqr meters wide/long, and more then 2.5 m high.

At this moment, the city has been breached by the iron-sister, another girl-only paladin party, this time with the help of the solars, devas and angels. But, on the other hand, Drow have summoned a variety of devils and made new alliances with blood elves, and outcome of the battle is uncertain.

valsharess.jpg

blake-drake.jpg crystal-throne-ruler-4.jpg drow-light-cavalry.jpg

drow-h-cav-ambient.jpg drow-spider-keeper.jpg invisible-stalker.jpg half-dragon.jpg

iron-angels-agathion.jpg iron-angel-of-valor.jpg iron-angel-of-battle.jpg iron-angel-deva.jpg

marilith.jpg toublivae.jpg val-15.jpg vitreous-drinker.jpg

'>varag-lord.jpgtzovvut.jpg deep-imaskari-1.jpg

Few details; the rest you can find going trough the links below;

tcity-large-07.jpg tmakro-floor.jpg tspider-04.jpg

tchurch-of-lloth-07.jpg tdetail-03.jpg tdetail-spider.jpg

tdetail-04.jpg tdetail-baby-dragon.jpg tdetail-beacon.jpg tentrance-makro.jpg

tdetail-06.jpg tdetail-07.jpg tdetail-08.jpg

Fast links:

Main castle photographs can be found here here

Construction photographs can be found here

(Note: many of the details that can not be seen on the main pictures can be found in this album)

Minifigures photographs can be found here

And again, on a totally different note, images are SO much better when viewed large :)

Here you can see some other Drow cities from me:

Menzoberranzan

Ched Nasad

Ust Natha

Chaulssin

Eryndlyn

Maerimydra

Twisted Tower of Ashaba

Ruined temple of Shar

And everything is nicely indexed in the topic Drow , featuring hundreds of minifigs in one place.

Edited by Angeli

Wow, I like progress pictures. It's cool to see some shots of it coming together. Another great addition to your awesome creations. It's too bad you don't have the other ones still in tact, it'd be cool to see a big group shot.

As always, I will leave this first post empty for final presentation, when castle is finished. Until then, I will inform you about progress here.

Also, due to the fact that I don't plan anything in advance, all suggestions about what you would like to see in this Drow citi are more then welcome. And if you would like, that part of the city can be named by you (think fantasy:), and I could build one Drow sigfig and post it there, doing whatever you think it should do (just keep in mind that there are children here :)

tdrow-guard.jpgtdrow-sorcerer.jpg

Here you can see some other Drow cities from me:

Menzoberranzan

Ched Nasad

Ust Natha

Chaulssin

Eryndlyn

Maerimydra

---------

This is a base of the castle. The same amount of baseplates will be used at the floor (of the room); I like to build towers from the floor and attached them to the construction on the table (check out Menzoberranzan)

baseplate.jpg

canal.jpgtowers.jpg

My girlfriend was the first one with suggestion, she asked for a sacrificial pit, but she also wants to be stylish - if I want to please the gods with the offerings, the interior should be nice :) so, I was thinking water + flowers ;)

flowers.jpgmakro-flowers.jpg

Monster will be added later, and, she can't name the sacrificial pit (what would be the appropriate name for structure like this? :)), but instead, she will name the monster (I can't wait to hear that :)

Aleksandar also asked for water - everywhere! I will try to accommodate ;) Sacrificial pit has three waterfalls (one is broken :), and there are water canals trough the city

Castle is growing nicely

entrance.jpgside.jpg

Castle will have entrance from the water

round-teracce.jpgmol.jpg

mol-makro.jpg

The same entrance during the night (Lego night)

mol-light-1.jpgmol-light-2.jpg

mol-light-3.jpg

Castle will have interior, and thanks to the Katie (eilonwy77) inspiration, interior will have cheese slopes floors:

cheese-floor.jpgmakro-floor.jpg

enterier-light.jpgentrance-makro.jpg

enterier.jpg

Ivana asked for round corner balcony. I tried to slip out, but I had no choice in this :) so, the oval balcony was made, and I've enjoyed it so much, and Lith My'athar will have more then one balcony like this

Now, it's your move ;) What's next? I was thinking A LOT of windows from the sea side (Drow may be dark, by they appreciate beautiful view :)

Edited by Angeli

Once again, your latest city of the Drow is already looking amazing :thumbup: Especially the floor consisting of different cheese is a great idea which I think may find its way into a lot of other creations :classic:

I don't know how near the mines are, but maybe you could implement a mine where the Drow search for their Adamantium? Some Drow would observe the slaves, which might consist of Duergar, captured adventurers (if they aren't used as amusement for the higher-ups) or umber hulks?

Just fantastic your work so far 'Angeli', especially the trans-coloured floor ! :thumbup:

The red walls give it that devilish touch, but the flowers add that scratch-my-head touch ! :laugh:

I look forward to see this progress.....so Brick On 'Angeli' ! :grin:

Once again, your latest city of the Drow is already looking amazing :thumbup: Especially the floor consisting of different cheese is a great idea which I think may find its way into a lot of other creations :classic:

I don't know how near the mines are, but maybe you could implement a mine where the Drow search for their Adamantium? Some Drow would observe the slaves, which might consist of Duergar, captured adventurers (if they aren't used as amusement for the higher-ups) or umber hulks?

Great idea ;) this mine needs a name, so make one. Also, if you have a sigfig, the mine needs a warden ;) if you do not have a sigfig, we will make a new one (sigfig - minifig that is your avatar, that represent you:); here you can browse trough my Drow minifigs for some ideas:

minifigs from Ched Nasad

minifigs from Menzoberannzan

minifigs from Ust Natha

minifigs from Eryndlyn

minifigs from Maerimydra

And now I have one idea, mine will go down from the table (I will add some wood construction beneath for support), or up - Drow are under the ground anyway ;)

Drow rule supreme! ;)

thumb-18.jpg

Just fantastic your work so far 'Angeli', especially the trans-coloured floor ! :thumbup:

The red walls give it that devilish touch, but the flowers add that scratch-my-head touch ! :laugh:

I look forward to see this progress.....so Brick On 'Angeli' ! :grin:

Thank you ;) what would YOU like to see in it? :) it is a fantasy castle, so everithing goes (ahaha and even space ships, I've seen in Baldur's Gate speljemmer ship, or something like that ;)

Edited by Angeli

Angeli I am always impressed by the sheer scale of your MOC's not to mention the great variety of unique minifigures and your photography techniques! :wub:

The cheese slope floor looks wonderfully! :thumbup: Something occurred to me while I was looking at your architecture; have you ever thought about putting some dark red in the buildings? It's probably not practical on a large scale as you have a plethora of black/red, but I think it might look very unique if you were to do a smaller scale MOC with some dark red thrown into the mix to contrast the red.

Nonetheless, if you were building a new city, I would like to see some sort of throne room. (if this is applicable, I'm not very up-to-date on the Drow mythology)

can't wait to see what you come up with! :wink:

Angeli I am always impressed by the sheer scale of your MOC's not to mention the great variety of unique minifigures and your photography techniques! :wub:

The cheese slope floor looks wonderfully! :thumbup: Something occurred to me while I was looking at your architecture; have you ever thought about putting some dark red in the buildings? It's probably not practical on a large scale as you have a plethora of black/red, but I think it might look very unique if you were to do a smaller scale MOC with some dark red thrown into the mix to contrast the red.

Nonetheless, if you were building a new city, I would like to see some sort of throne room. (if this is applicable, I'm not very up-to-date on the Drow mythology)

can't wait to see what you come up with! :wink:

Thank you! :) I love to hear from you ;) and immediately I've started snooping for dark red (they are expensive, but I think I will manage a hundred, it will give the castle a more realistic look ;)

And now, you have to make a wish about a part of the castle, and then name it, then thing about your sigfig who will be pictured there ;)

Ana asked for the "Iron throne" from "The game of thrones" :) But that is another story, and we made compromise, and I made the crystal-throne for the ruler of this city (and more about her later ;))

t-crystal-throne-1.jpgt-crystal-throne-2.jpgt-crystal-throne-3.jpg

Having finished BG just recently, I don't associate the 'Iron Throne' with the Drow, but rather with a huge organization intend to monopolize the iron trade along the Sword Coast :laugh: But the crystal-throne looks really good as well and I think it'd fit better into the overall design of the city.

Great idea ;) this mine needs a name, so make one.

I don't know all that much about the Drow, so I searched the Wiki for some ideas and I think I found something appropriate. Since the city itself is governed by the House Mae'Vir, I'd guess they'd also own the largest, least monster-infested and most resourceful mine in the vicinity. The mine itself might be refered to as 'Private Adamantium Mine of the high House of Mae'Vir. Intruders will be shot upon sight - if they're lucky.'

I hope you like it :blush:

Also, if you have a sigfig, the mine needs a warden ;) if you do not have a sigfig, we will make a new one (sigfig - minifig that is your avatar, that represent you:); here you can browse trough my Drow minifigs for some ideas: ...

As for the sigfig/avatar, although I have quite concrete ideas about how it'll look like once I get around to actually make it (a mod of the dragon master), I doubt it'd fit into the city unless it's a part of an invading group of adventurers. Some of your drow archers accompanied by two to three bladesingers, a priestess and a lesser beholder would suffice as wards for the mine. I imagine that the way they gather the material for their equipment is, after all, one of their best-protected secrets :grin:

Wow! I don't know how you can keep coming up with fresh ideas with these cities, while still keeping familiar ideas intact, but it's just amazing!

I can't wait to see more progress, as always. :)

And now, you have to make a wish about a part of the castle, and then name it, then thing about your sigfig who will be pictured there ;)

Angeli, I am reading up on Drow culture and it's very interesting. If I were to pick a part of the castle I'd say that a "Temple of Llolth" would certainly fit my taste. You can either use that as a name, or you can call it (And I derive this from the web so please check for accuracy) "Rilynneld" of "House of the Arcane". I hope it makes sense. :sweet:

As far as a sig-fig goes, i have seen a lot of really neat armored characters, but i would love to see you make something that looks more organic. I'm thinking something corrupted/mutated, made out entirely of fleshy parts and looking rather distorted. That's my challenge to you, I know you're a capable builder and can do it! :wink:

I don't know all that much about the Drow, so I searched the Wiki for some ideas and I think I found something appropriate. Since the city itself is governed by the House Mae'Vir, I'd guess they'd also own the largest, least monster-infested and most resourceful mine in the vicinity. The mine itself might be refered to as 'Private Adamantium Mine of the high House of Mae'Vir. Intruders will be shot upon sight - if they're lucky.'

I hope you like it :blush:

As for the sigfig/avatar, although I have quite concrete ideas about how it'll look like once I get around to actually make it (a mod of the dragon master), I doubt it'd fit into the city unless it's a part of an invading group of adventurers. Some of your drow archers accompanied by two to three bladesingers, a priestess and a lesser beholder would suffice as wards for the mine. I imagine that the way they gather the material for their equipment is, after all, one of their best-protected secrets :grin:

The mine will be first of newest things to build, and the slaves will always address it by its full name "Private Adamantium Mine of the high House of Mae'Vir" out of superstition fear that anyone who calls it by one-word given nickname will be consumed by the sheer walls of the mine ;)

And about the sigfig, this is a fantasy, so everything is possible ;)

Angeli, I am reading up on Drow culture and it's very interesting. If I were to pick a part of the castle I'd say that a "Temple of Llolth" would certainly fit my taste. You can either use that as a name, or you can call it (And I derive this from the web so please check for accuracy) "Rilynneld" of "House of the Arcane". I hope it makes sense. :sweet:

As far as a sig-fig goes, i have seen a lot of really neat armored characters, but i would love to see you make something that looks more organic. I'm thinking something corrupted/mutated, made out entirely of fleshy parts and looking rather distorted. That's my challenge to you, I know you're a capable builder and can do it! :wink:

the temple was first on my list, but I was hoping to make something gothic, not as it is described online (as a spider-shaped building". Maybe a mix of two :) And the name will bring fear in the harts of Shar followers ;) (And there will be abandoned Shar temple somewhere, but more about this later ;)

And about the sigfig, I am looking forward in building you something grotesque with few more limbs attached ;)

I was playing with minifigs yesterday, and I've got few that I would like to share ;)

t-deep-imaskari-1.jpgt-erinyes-2.jpgt-umber-hulk.jpg

I also find crystal throne even more interesting with minifigs :) And this is just a male from the house of Mae'Vir, with his trustful (as a Drow can be) counselor, day before a protagonist of our story will usurp the throne. But more about her later :)

t-crystal-throne-ruler-1.jpgt-crystal-throne-ruler-2.jpg

t-crystal-throne-ruler-3.jpgt-crystal-throne-ruler-4.jpg

Wow good work on those minifigures. I like the arms er weapons on the guys on the left and the on the right looks like a good demon or something like that.

I'm surprised that a male Drow is even allowed to get near the throne. I always was under the impression (which got greatly reinforced by my current run of BG II) that, even if they manage to achieve a fairly high status in society, male Drow are expendable, to put it nicely :devil:

Those three new figures look great as well, although I'm clueless as to what the white and the red guy are meant to resemble. The one with the wings could be a Cambion of some kind, although I'm not too sure about him either.

As for the warden of the Mine, he needs to be plenty powerful to fend off potential adventurers and protect the property of his house (he doesn't want to be replaced sooner than needed, after all), so he'll need some pretty strong armour even for a Drow, a special helmet and of course a magical and truly famous weapon. I'd guess him wielding the Crom Fayr should be enough for a start, although it might be hard to explain how he got his hands upon this almighty hammer :laugh:

How he managed to live through the constant attacks by dwarfs who surely would want to get this ancient heirlom back from some of their fiercest enemies is another story at all :wink:

Of course he wouldn't be warding it alone, but him showing his profiency with the arcane magic via a magic wand in his other hand, or alternatively strapped at his back, would certainly add to the intimidating appearance :grin:

t-deep-imaskari-1.jpg

That incredibly close to what I imagined! :laugh: Great work on that one! :thumbup: :thumbup:

As far as the architecture of the temple I say go for it and create the baddest reddest Gothic spire you can muster. Looking forward to seeing it!

How about a pit with a Demon at the bottom.

One pit with a Demon at the bottom comes your way ;) all you need to do is find a name for it and choose your sigfig ;)

That incredibly close to what I imagined! :laugh: Great work on that one! :thumbup: :thumbup:

As far as the architecture of the temple I say go for it and create the baddest reddest Gothic spire you can muster. Looking forward to seeing it!

thank you, friend. Now, all you have to do is come up with a name ;)

I'm surprised that a male Drow is even allowed to get near the throne. I always was under the impression (which got greatly reinforced by my current run of BG II) that, even if they manage to achieve a fairly high status in society, male Drow are expendable, to put it nicely :devil:

He will not be there for long, I tell you ;) there is one Drow priestess (she was the main antagonist in one of the expansions in NewerWinter Nights, but more about her later:)) who will take that throne without even breaking a sweat :)

-----------------------------

I've been building these few days ;)

bridge-construction-1.jpgbridge.jpg

byte.jpg

chandelier

chandelier-head.jpgchandelier.jpg

mol-construction-1.jpgmol-construction-2.jpg

mol-construction-3.jpgmol-entrance.jpg

special window and windows waiting to be installed in castle

window-wings.jpgwindows.jpg

In my drow cities, there is always one girl adventurers party that is laying some justice ;

iron-sisters-1.jpgiron-sisters-2.jpg

iron-sisters-3.jpgiron-sisters-4.jpg

iron-sisters-5.jpgiron-sisters-6.jpg

This time they are calling them selves "iron sisters", and they are pretty tough. But...

...this time there is another girl-party, of evil alignment. And they do look tougher, if nothing else

undead-sorceress.jpgformian-queen.jpg

oublivae.jpgt-aldinach.jpg

I will ad few more photos later, this nice lady looked at me funny and sad: "NO PICTURES!" :)

no-pictures.jpg

and few minifigs from the city

black-knight.jpgzovvut.jpg

sahuagin-prince.jpgdark-priest.jpg

skulvin.jpggekanter-goblin.jpg

greater-three-kree.jpgfey-ri.jpg

Sig fig: an alchemist :grin: , The Pit of the Rankarwraith :devil: .

The progress you've made looks very good, it's already possible to make out the shape of some parts of the city. Those special windows and the chandelier are a great design as well, I can'T wait to see those being implemented into the whole structure.

What's the reason for always having an all-female party trying to raid your cities (not that they'd succeed, looking at how well it's guarded)? And yes, their evil counterparts certainly look like they'd wipe the floor with the goody-good-doers :devil:

I also think I've spotted the warden of the mine already and I think you've nailed his design spot-on :thumbup:

Dear friends, here's little update on the city progress ;) few minifigs, windows for the church of Lloth, sacrificial pit, one new bridge etc ;)

Minifigs ;)

tdark-warden.jpgtanti-paladin.jpg

tdomesticated-werewulf.jpgtthe-two.jpg

construction-01.jpgarc-2.jpg

arc.jpgconstruction-02.jpg

construction-03.jpgconstruction-05.jpg

construction-06.jpgconstruction-07.jpg

construction-08.jpg

The "hart" bridge (good working name as any:))

hart-bridge1.jpg

The Lloth church window

church-windowop.jpgchurch-window1.jpg

church-window2.jpgchurch-window3.jpg

church-stairs.jpgbridge-construction-1.jpg

Edited by Angeli

Angeli,

Once again, your work is wonderful. I have enjoyed each of your cities. Keep up the good work. :sweet:

slowly, it is growing:

I am in the middle of building, but you can see some of the shapes we talked about ;)

ambient-01.jpgambient-06.jpg

ambient-03.jpgambient-04.jpg

ambient-05.jpgambient-02.jpgambient-07.jpg

construction:

keep-01.jpgkeep-02.jpg

keep-03.jpgmonster-01.jpg

roof-sparkly.jpgterasa.jpg

window;)

window-plate.jpgwindow-plate-02.jpg

window-plate-03.jpgwindow-plate-04.jpg

It's looking great, as all of your creations. Very dark and mysterious, with many cool details. Can't wait to see this finished. :classic:

I agree with Omerai, it's becoming better and better with every update you share. Taking those pictures in the dark and adding the glowing effects really works to a great extent and adds even more to the overall dark and mysterious feel the city already has :thumbup:

New update ;)

When I say that castle is growing, I literary mean it :) with new temple it is already 1.5m high, and when temple is done, it will be almost 3m (or how high is the ceiling) from the first to the last step on a temple stairway

Temple

temple-03.jpgtemple-09.jpg

If everything goes as planed (and I do not stay without bricks) temple will be connected with main castle via towers, and if I happen to be in an artistic mood, it will have big L'loth figures 10 times as big as minifig

grand-stairs-05.jpggrand-stairs-06.jpg

grand-stairs-01.jpggrand-stairs-03.jpg

Once again, this is work in progress, and as you can see in the pictures, I have a custom of rearranging and constantly changing everything during building, this will definitely not be the final version

New windows and I like them very much :) it's a pity that I do not have enough bricks for more of them

oval-window-01.jpgoval-window-02.jpg

Spider from L'loth's temple

wall-spider-01.jpgwall-spider-02.jpg

All this and many more you can find in folder construction when approved by moderators and all together can be found in folder Lith My'athar

What do you think, with work so far?