Waterbrick Down

Heroica RPG - Quest #132: The Clans Under the Mountain

22794380115_46dd07953f.jpg

The sun shone as the party of heroes made their way out of Eubric and along the road to Shelbric. The party's travels were pleasant and they ran into little danger being a well armed and well equipped group. At long last they came to the small village just as the sun began to set and upon inquiring of the whereabouts of the local tavern quickly found the establishment and entered the Shelbric Common House.

8061749847_2516df8e11_c.jpg

The smell of ale and sweat wafted to the heroes noses and the air was thick with noise and hubbub. Two Pogs sat at the bar making conversation with the bartender who seemed to be busy preparing fish. A lizard man and a large hatted human sat across from each other swapping drinks and stories, while a well dressed elf sat motionless intrigued by the heroes entrance.

Party:

tesnisreturn-sigimgsized.jpgTesni Hightribe, Hero of the Northern Kingdoms Serpent Skinner (Peppermint M) *Party Leader*

Human Female Beserker *Restoration* *Immune to Afraid*

Level: 39

Power Bonus: 5 (+3 WP)

Defense: 14 +3

Health: 58/58

Gold: 1847

GP: 69

Equipment: Qilin Blade (WP:15, damages undead, ignores row and SP; longsword), Sir Roderick’s Shield (SP:11, Immunity to afraid), Bone Claws (WP:3, SP:2; handwear),Dragon Bone Armor (SP:4, Max. Health +2; bodywear), Barbarian's Boots (Changes “Natural Respite” job trait into “Restoration”, restoring full health after every battle; suitable for barbarians, chi monks and beast warriors).

Inventory:

- Fàelàn (WP:20, 4x damage to enemies weak to fire, fire-elemental longsword)), Cysgodion (WP:14, darkness-elemental; greatsword), Dryw ar Zoot (WP:14, light-elemental; longsword), Sharp Axe (WP: 14, fire- and ice- Elemental), Mod Rod (WP:10, causes the afraid-effect; lightning-elemental staff suitable for staff members only), Mellt (WP:10,ice- and lightning-elemental; hammer), Cryfder (WP:6), Rebel's Dagger (WP: 5)

- 2 Shackles of War (prevents all fleeing, accessory), Red Dragon Plume (artifact, accessory, immunity to Weakened and Fire, suitable to Barbarians, Knights, Skirmishers, Winged Warriors), King's Crown (Headwear, protects against Doom and Petrified, Suitable for all classes)

- Tiger Balm, Elixir, Phoenix Essence, 9 Venoms, 4 Deadly Venoms, 6 Meads, 4 Smelling Salts, Nostrum, Soma, 2x Smoke Bomb, Aquamarine Lamp of Summoning, Mulled Wine, 5 Potions, 2x Health Core, 4 Remedies, Grating Stone, 2x Remedy, 3x Bone, Tonic, 2x Grand Potion, 2x Water Bomb, Feather of Flight (Allows the user to flee from the battle when used.), 2x Silver Ore (worth 60 gold), Feather of White (Allows the user to hide for up to three rounds, avoiding Free Hits. The effect ends if the user targets an enemy.), Mythril Shard, Black Pearl (worth 75 gold) Mythril.

16259917906_71ef91daca_t.jpgAtramor Gibbin, the Fiery Champion (CallMePie)

32 year old male human Decamon Drafter

Level 40 *Immune to all elements, poisoned, and doomed* *Negative effects last one round*

Power: 70

Defense: 14

Health: 67/67

Ether: 46/46

Gold: 10

Equipment: Mythril Claws (WP: 30, double WP against humanoids, fire and darkness elemental, dual strike, daggers), Amulet of the Court (Negative effects last only one round on the wearer, accessory, suitable for anyone), Rat's Hide (SP: 4, backwear, suitable for anyone), Galactic Armor (SP: 6, +6 max health, immune to water, wood, lightning, fire, earth, wind, ice, light, darkness, and doomed, bodywear, suitable for anyone), Helmet of Azzurat (SP: 4, immune to poison, headwear, suitable for anyone)

Inventory

Weapons: Pheles Kris (WP: 20, wielder has a 1/2 chance to generate an Aura, doubling the user's maximum health but drawing all attacks to them, fire, ice, lightning, earth, wind, light, darkness elemental dagger), Robust Shield (SP: 12, shield), Silver Katana (WP: 15, longsword)

Artifacts: Bracers of Insatiable Avarice (Power +2; user gains 25 Gold for every enemy he kills, handwear, suitable for hunters, berserkers, battle mages, beast warriors, dragoons, marauders, regulators, and skirmishers), Chameleon Vest (Max. Health +10, the user becomes able to absorb the last element it was damaged with; bodywear)

Scrolls: Scroll of Arc Frailty (50/50 chance to inflict the fragile-effect to all enemies for ether equal to the number of enemies), Scroll of Fire Armor (50/50 chance to conjure a layer of fiery armor over the target, giving them a 50/50 chance to deal the burned by 10-effect when hit by Damage or Special Damage at the cost of 5 ether), Scroll of Ice Armor (50/50 chance to conjure a layer of ice armor over the target, giving them a 50/50 chance to deal the stunned-effect when hit by Damage or Special Damage at the cost of 5 ether)

Consumables: 6 Bones, Dirt Bomb, Ether Bomb, Feather of Lithe (Makes the user nimble for three rounds), Fenghuang Incense (After being consumed, automatically revives all party members with full health once when knocked out; cannot revive targets that are already knocked out.) Fire Bomb, 2 Grand Potions, 11 Grand Tonics, Health Core, Jinxy Juice (Deals the jinxed-effect to the target), 2 Meads, Milk (Restores 15 health and ether), Nostrum, Phoenix Essence, 3 Phoenix Incenses, Potion, 3 Remedies, 2 Smelling Salts, Smoke Bomb, 4 Venoms, Water Bomb

Tools: Decamodifier (Transforms an enemy with a quarter or less health left into a Decamon card when used, if there is a corresponding card. The monster will not drop anything if it is modified. Tool.), Flint and Steel (Handy for starting fires), Pickaxe, Shovel, Rope

Decamon Deck (36): Volt Ant (Electric 1), Tweetybird (Flying 1), x2 Brains-in-a-Jar (Ethereal 2), x2 Barghest (Electric 2), Tangleweed (Plant 3), x2 Dune Ghoul (Rock 3), Simsalamander (Fiery 3), Sylph (Electric 3), Succubus (Fiery 4), x2 Holy Cow (Luminous 4), Thunderbird (Electric 4), x2 Death's Rose (Plant 4), Sandman (Ethereal 4), Automaton (Electric 5), Night Mare (Dark 5), Mushroomhead (Plant 5), Unicorn (Luminous 5), Aquaphant (Aquatic 6), Electriphant (Electric 6), Cave Troll (Rock 6), Dryad (Plant 6), Sandman (Ethereal 6), x2 Woodwose (Plant 7), Carcinos (Aquatic 8), Stone Golem (Rock 8), Storm Elemental (Electric 8), Pegasus (Luminous 8), Cloud Gigas (Electric 9), Phoenix (Fiery 9), Treant (Plant 9)

ava-ellaria5.jpgEllaria Arbour (Sandy)

24 years old female human Alchemist

Level 32 3/4 *Three rolls for Mixture* *Transfer poisoned and bleeding upon being hit* *No Free Hits for 3 rounds*

Power: 42

Defense: 5

Health: 53/53

Gold: 20

Equipment: Geppetto's Hammer (WP:10, wood-elemental hammer, hollow [Diluted Arc Potion (Restores 15 health to all allies)]; hammer), Rubber Gloves (For Mixture, the die is rolled three times instead of twice, and the highest two results determine the created item; suitable to alchemists; handwear.), Robe of the Magi (SP:1, suitable for mages, clerics, alchemists, chi monks, decamon drafters, necromancers, regulators, scholars and weather mages; bodywear.), Spider Helmet (SP:4, passes poisoned and bleeding effects to the enemy when the wearer is hit; headwear), Spirit Robe (Renders wearer invisible to the enemy for the first three rounds of battle so they do not take free hits; backwear)

Inventory:

Weapons Ignis Fatuus (WP:13, permanently poisoned by 15, fire- and lighting-elemental staff), Sylvania's Crossbow (WP:10, wood-elemental crossbow), Pan Flute (WP: 7, instrument), Wizard's Staff (WP:1, fire-, wind-, water- and earth-elemental staff),

Artefacts: Ranger's Quiver (WP: +1 to bows and crossbows, suitable for rangers, beast warriors, infiltrators, and winged warriors; backwear), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:3, Max Ether +5, protects from sealing; suitable for mages, clerics, necromancers, scholars and weather mages, bodywear)

Spell Items: Scroll of Inspiration (Inspired for rest of battle, 10 ether, 50/50 chance) Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Weakening, Serenade of Water (Causes Water damage equal to the minstrel's level to all enemies per round for as long as the song is sung. Costs 10 ether per round. Battle Song), Ruby (Fire), Amethyst (Darkness)

Consumables: 3 Potions, , 2 Grand Potions, 4 Health Cores, 4 Tonics, Diluted Arc Tonic (Restores 10 ether to all allies), 3 Grand Tonics, Ether Core, Hyper Arc Tonic (Restores full ether to all allies), Elixir, Arc Elixir (Restores 60 health and 15 ether to all allies and removes negative effects.), 3 Remedies, Neutralizer, Tiger Balm, 2 Phoenix Essences, Emergency Essence, Last Resort (Revives all allies with 1 health), Meads, 3 Smoke Bombs, Flash Bomb, 3 Fire Bombs, Ice Bomb, 2 Lightning Bombs, 2 Water Bombs, 2 Holy Bombs, Blind Bomb, Air Bomb, Aeolus Bomb, Bad Breath (Poisoned by 1-effect to all enemies), Feather of White

Tools: Bedroll, Pickaxe, Telescope, Magic Compass, Magnifying Glass

ico_evoker.jpgEn Sabah Nur (Jebediahs)

31 year old male human, Mystic Knight

Level 31.25 *Immune to Darkness, Wood, Earth*, *Converts Ether to Health*, *Reflects Ether-Based Attacks*

Power: 51 (71 vs. Humanoids)

Defense: 6

Health: 52/52

Ether: 42/42

Gold: 151

Equipment: Quarterstaff (WP:20/40 against humanoids, suitable for mages, clerics and necromancers ), Earthy Wooden Shield (SP:5, grants immunity to wood and earth-elemental attacks), Traveler's Cloak (SP: 1, Backwear ), Lichen Armour (The wearer’s ether is counted as additional health if health is depleted and Darkness Immunity, suitable to classes with ether, Bodywear ), Sedge Hat (+4 Ether, Headwear ), Magic Mirror (The user reflects all ether-based attacks back to the caster without getting damaged by them, Accessory )

Inventory:

Weapons: Unlucky Horseshoe (WP:13, retrievable, causes jinxed-effect; throwing weapon), Sangriste Dagger (WP: 5), En, Sabah, Nur (Shurikens 3/3, WP: 5), Poisonous Rod (WP:5, causes poisoned by 5-effect; staff)

Artefacts: Cobra Nemes (Absorbs poison, recovering health instead of taking damage from poisoning, suitable to clerics, mages, chi monks and necromancers, Headwear ), Medal of Glory (Allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles, Accessory ), Fire Amulet (Makes physical attacks do double damage to all enemies that are weak to fire, Accessory ), Sealed Heavy Armour of Brilliance(SP:5,Immune: fragile, blinded, sealed effects, suitable for suitable for barbarians, knights, dragoons, skirmishers and regulators, Bodywear, ), Little Jane's Muff (Mage's Muffler, Protects from sealed-effect, Accessory ), Shackles of War (Prevents anyone from fleeing battles, Accessory ), Lock & Chain (Prevents items in the inventory from getting stolen; Accessory )

Spell Items: Garnet (Earth), Aquamarine (Water), Topaz (Lightning), Ruby (Fire), Scroll of Confusion

Consumables: 6 Potions, 2 Grand Potions, Tonic, Grand Tonic, 3 Ether Cores, Milk (restores 15 health and 15 ether upon consumption), 5 Remedies, Phoenix Essence, Phoenix Incense, 2 Meads, Titan Heart (Grants encouraged- and inspired-effects when consumed), 5 Venoms, Deadly Venom, Feather of Lithe (Makes the user nimble for three rounds, giving them a 1/3 chance to completely avoid rolls of COUNTER and DAMAGE and Free Hits.), Feather of Flight (Allows the user to flee from the battle when used.), Alfred (Nur can call his golem minion once per battle to protect him from all damage and effects for the remainder of the round.), Dysentery Bomb (Deals 105 water-elemental damage and the poisoned by 1-effect to all opponents when used.), Electrocution Bomb (Deals 105 lightning-elemental damage and the stunned effect to all opponents when used.), Agni Bomb (Deals 100 fire-elemental damage to all opponents when used.), Sleep Bomb (Deals 5 damage and the asleep-effect to all opponents when used.)

Tools: Bedroll, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass

Decamon Deck: Shy Shell (Aquatic 2), Demon Ray (Aquatic 3), Will-o'-the-Wisp (Fiery 1), Barghest (Electric 2), Automaton (Electric 5), Vampire Bat (Flying 3), Specter (Icy 2), White Widow (Icy 3), Golden Scorpion (Luminous 2), Gold Golem (Luminous 6), Toxic Toad (Plant 1), Tangleweed (Plant 3), Scarab (Rock 1), Mud Frog (Rock 2), Stone Golem (Rock 8)

QM Note: Welcome aboard everyone. You know the drill confirm in 24 hours that everything looks good and we'll get this show on the road. In the meantime feel free to interact with each other or anything in the scene.

Edited by Waterbrick Down

Ellaria was pleased to see only familiar faces in the party. She felt much more comfortable with people she already knew.

"Tesni!" she ran to hug the gruff barbarian woman. "And Atramor! And Nur, it has been such a long time. How have all of you been? Looks like we'll be starting this quest like so many others - with drinking."

Everything looks good, thanks for having us. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Atramor strode into the bar quietly, expecting for a fleeting second some kind of commentary on the indecency of mortals before remembering the absence of the entity who chose to voice them. He scratched his chin, then just shook his head and turned towards the rest of his party with a shrug and a grin.

"Aye, it's damn good to have people I can trust at my back for once. Feels like just yesterday we were killin' snakes and incineratin' rabbits, Tesni. Nur - hell, it's been a long time since that friggin' island. Ellaria...damn, so that was you the other day. Ya' look great. Like the hair." He tilted his hat towards the party and then took a long look around the bar. "Nice enough place...minus the-" he gave a resigned sigh. "...gods...damned elf. Again."

"Ellaria! Love the hair, it has been far too long! Aye Gibbin, probably more to do here than in the fields mark you. Nur, how long has it been?" Tesni took in the tavern, it was like many others. "So we're here to meet the elf. Not to be a xenophobe, but I have met many, have I met you before? In battle the faces of enemy and comrade alike blur."

(Okay, so I'm party leader. It has been a loooong time since my last lead, so I hope I do okay! Feel free to intercept or give advice!)

En Sabah Nur lightly pinched the edge of his hat and gave a small nod. Aside from the woman warrior whom he had a couple of dealings with in the Hall for his handheld mirror, his companions looked unrecognizable to the mage. " To me, all elf faces blur. I must admit that I do not know who we are to meet. My grey skinned squire dutifully waiting outside penned my name to this quest." Ah yes, that island. Of course, the cleric and the rogue...

As the party stands in the entryway the bartender calls over to them.

8061737198_0b31a0aa69_t.jpg

"So are you just going to stand there blocking my doorway or you going to come in?"

The party can see a few empty seats at the bar, some at the table with the elf, and at least one corner booth. The Pongcanis at the bar seemed to have moved onto the topic of the recent siege of R'kilf.

"So are you just going to stand there blocking my doorway or you going to come in?"

The party can see a few empty seats at the bar, some at the table with the elf, and at least one corner booth. The Pongcanis at the bar seemed to have moved onto the topic of the recent siege of R'kilf.

"I beg your pardon, kind host, we are certainly willing to spend some time at your fine establishment", said Ellaria with her kindest smile.

Hearing the pongcanae talk about R'kilf, Ellaria moved closer to listen in on them. She had been in a battle at R'kilf, after all, and the pongcanae had not fought on the same side as her.

Ellaria steals a seat close to the conversing Pogs.

8245799105_a42f09e3ec_t.jpg

"Slaughtered by the dozens they were. Thank the gods my mate and I were out picking up supplies that night."

8245799105_a42f09e3ec_t.jpg

"Indeed. So what was he like, the Dread Pirate? Some say he's immortal, others say he's Centurus in the flesh come to lead his people to glory at long last!"

At this point the pair notice Ellaria's interest and lower their voices to indiscernible levels.

Nur raised his hands briefly in surrender and moved farther into the bar. He made his way to the corner booth, selecting the character he felt was the least intimidating as he or she was sitting alone. "Greetings there, friend. I am En Sabah Nur." The mage spread his arms wide and nodded with a grin attempting to show that he is of no threat to the long-eared patron. "May I share in your company?"

Nur approaches the back corner booth and slides into the seat opposite the Lapid.

8061745814_622f44750f_z.jpg

16906552240_3f2913b0ca_t.jpg

"Pleath thit."

The Lapid smiled, two large white buck-teeth glimmering. He was dressed in traveling attire, a small rapier hanging at his side and his cloak was muddy. The rabbit man's ears twitched back and forth constantly as if continuously keeping tabs on all the conversations around him.

"Frumptiouth Fizzleearth. Do not worry yourthelf, all elveth look thimilar to me ath well. Have you traveled far?"

Meanwhile the elf continues to stare at the pair of remaining heroes. Dressed in a fine shirt and shoulders wrapped in a gaudy cloak, the elf sips from a silver goblet, his fingers playing across the table.

8061736664_971d779156_t.jpg

"I was wondering when one of you was going to show up."

Nur's eyes glistened and he visibly leaned forward as his interest was piqued by the curious creature. "Ah, so those impressive growths have a secondary functional benefit other than attracting a mate." His smile was genuine despite his awkward attempt at complimenting the lapid. "Those traveling companions I entered with accompanied me from Eubric. Now that you mentioned traveling, the journey has left my stomach empty, a condition I should most certainly remedy. Care for anything from the bar? With something to eat and bit to drink you can better regale me with the story of what brought you here."

"I was wondering when one of you was going to show up."

"Aye? And why is that?" remarked Atramor, sinking into a seat opposite the elf, shaking his head.

Nur's eyes glistened and he visibly leaned forward as his interest was piqued by the curious creature. "Ah, so those impressive growths have a secondary functional benefit other than attracting a mate." His smile was genuine despite his awkward attempt at complimenting the lapid. "Those traveling companions I entered with accompanied me from Eubric. Now that you mentioned traveling, the journey has left my stomach empty, a condition I should most certainly remedy. Care for anything from the bar? With something to eat and bit to drink you can better regale me with the story of what brought you here."

The Lapid continues to smile.

"They do indeed, I find the femaleth of my kind aren't the only oneth attracted though. Eubric, you thay, here on thome thort of grand adventure?"

Frumptious raised a hand to the bartender, a few moments later bowls of warm broth and salads were brought to the table.

"Allow me. Would you like thomething to drink? Mead, Mulled Wine, Frozen Gumdrop, Flaming Gumball?"

"Aye? And why is that?" remarked Atramor, sinking into a seat opposite the elf, shaking his head.

"Oh I heard all the news from the recent Decamon tournament. I figured some sort of hot shot would be wandering through Shelbric one of these days, you're the recently crowned Fiery Champion are you not?"

"Oh I heard all the news from the recent Decamon tournament. I figured some sort of hot shot would be wandering through Shelbric one of these days, you're the recently crowned Fiery Champion are you not?"

Atramor stared for a moment. Either the elf had forgotten him, or if he was lucky, it was someone else entirely. He quietly hoped it was the latter.

"That'd be me, aye. You a fan of the game?"

Tesni took up a drink and passed on some coin. She kept anything coinage that wasn't gold despite Eubric not using the small coins they could help her out elsewhere. Taking a spot near the pair her questmates were conversing with she listened in. Maybe one of them was their employer for this jaunt.

Atramor stared for a moment. Either the elf had forgotten him, or if he was lucky, it was someone else entirely. He quietly hoped it was the latter.

"That'd be me, aye. You a fan of the game?"

8061744459_c65d56bf74_z.jpg

"Fan of the game? I am Eobald Dasher, reigning Decamon champion of Shelbric, I've been playing the game since its creator Garf Richardson came up with the bloody idea. Tell you what, I'm feeling a little lucky tonight, wager a match?"

Tesni took up a drink and passed on some coin. She kept anything coinage that wasn't gold despite Eubric not using the small coins they could help her out elsewhere. Taking a spot near the pair her questmates were conversing with she listened in. Maybe one of them was their employer for this jaunt.

Atramor had sat down with the elf, while Nur spoke with some sort of rabbit man in the back corner of the Tavern. Ellaria was over at the bar trying to listen in on the Pog's conversation. The barbarian overheard snippets of tales of what sounded like Xu from the Lizard man and his drinking companion.

8061737994_975cde8487_t.jpg

"Full on rebellion is what they say. The whole countryside is in upheaval. They're saying she swept down out of the clouds on dragons and forced them all to surrender."

8061735211_9f539e2842_t.jpg

"Doesn't bother me one bit as long as they keep their politics on their own island. If you ask me, it's unnatural, blue skinned and all like that. Flying about in their giant wooden ships. Mark you me, if they try bringing their imperialism here they're going to find we ain't to caring for strangers and their strange ways."

Atramor coughed quietly and turned his ears from the conversation of rebellion in Xu and the siege of R'klif.

"Fan of the game? I am Eobald Dasher, reigning Decamon champion of Shelbric, I've been playing the game since its creator Garf Richardson came up with the bloody idea. Tell you what, I'm feeling a little lucky tonight, wager a match?"

"Sure thing, mate. I'm a bit short on gold but I'll throw in the ten that I've got left. Leaves me without a coin to flip, though. Who's goin' first?"

Hearing the speech Tesni turned to the men.

"I hear talk of Xu friends." She grinned, not quite intimidatingly, but she had a certain bearing. "Lovely countryside."

Atramor coughed quietly and turned his ears from the conversation of rebellion in Xu and the siege of R'klif. "Sure thing, mate. I'm a bit short on gold but I'll throw in the ten that I've got left. Leaves me without a coin to flip, though. Who's goin' first?"

"I'll match your ten, winner takes all. I'll even go first, just let me know when you're ready."

Hearing the speech Tesni turned to the men.

"I hear talk of Xu friends." She grinned, not quite intimidatingly, but she had a certain bearing. "Lovely countryside."

The Lizard looks visibly anxious around the barbarian but the man speaks as loudly as before, more than likely due to the large quantity of liquor in his system.

"Pfff, it is if you're able to ever get your neck off the ground. From what I hear the whole lot of the Aoi are nothing but inbred tyrants greedy for fame as they are for expanding their borders. Just you wait, one day they're going to try bring their tyranny here."

Atramor picks out his five cards and nods towards Eobald.

Tesni grinned cooly. "Well, her ladyship has some ideas improving the place from what I last heard. It was such a shame I wasn't able to personally help with that mission, having favour of the house Jei Pi." Tesni placed a hand on the hilt of the Qirin blade. "A word of warning if I may though. You could call any number of royal houses inbred in this land of people so precious about their holdings and inheritances, so I'd watch that tongue lest some princling with a chip on his shoulder passes by."

The Lapid continues to smile.

8061736390_19d51a7076_t.jpg

"They do indeed, I find they're femaleth of my kind aren't the only oneth attracted though. Eubric, you thay, here on thome thort of grand adventure?"

Frumptious raised a hand to the bartender, a few moments later bowls of warm broth and salads were brought to the table.

"Allow me. Would you like thomething to drink? Mead, Mulled Wine, Frozen Gumdrop, Flaming Gumball?"

Nur's smile faded instantly as for the first time in a long time, he was generally confused. "Why thank you. I've never heard of the Frozen Gumdrop so I'd like to try it. Yes, as I'm sure you've heard, I'm not quite sure the purpose of our quest, only that I needed to get out of the City for a spell." Nur starts as the atmosphere grows louder and a bit more tense. "It seems the other patrons including the muscled woman that led us here are beginning to get a bit rambunctious." He sippped his broth.

Atramor plays his Unicorn (Luminous 5), scooping up the Vampire Bat, and puts down his Woodwose (Plant 7).

Tesni grinned cooly. "Well, her ladyship has some ideas improving the place from what I last heard. It was such a shame I wasn't able to personally help with that mission, having favour of the house Jei Pi." Tesni placed a hand on the hilt of the Qirin blade. "A word of warning if I may though. You could call any number of royal houses inbred in this land of people so precious about their holdings and inheritances, so I'd watch that tongue lest some princling with a chip on his shoulder passes by."

"Her ladyship? If I didn't know any better I'd say you were more taken with those blue skinned freaks than you were with you're own kind. Probably thought they had something more adventurous to offer, eh? If adventure's what you're after..." The man slips a hand around Tesni's shoulder.

Nur's smile faded instantly as for the first time in a long time, he was generally confused. "Why thank you. I've never heard of the Frozen Gumdrop so I'd like to try it. Yes, as I'm sure you've heard, I'm not quite sure the purpose of our quest, only that I needed to get out of the City for a spell." Nur starts as the atmosphere grows louder and a bit more tense. "It seems the other patrons including the muscled woman that led us here are beginning to get a bit rambunctious." He sippped his broth.

Nur consumes his drink and feels a strange sense of companionship with his fellow party members.

"Yeth, thee ith quite the rebel routher it would theem. Your friend the decamon drafter ith thounds like may be making thome enemieth ath well thoon and the other woman might be sticking her nothe in the wrong platheth."

Atramor plays his Unicorn (Luminous 5), scooping up the Vampire Bat, and puts down his Woodwose (Plant 7).

"Win some, lose some, it's the thrill of the game that matters." The elf gives a nod to the someone behind Atramor's back.

Eobald plays Phoenix (Fiery 9) taking Atramor's woodwose. The elf next lays down Thunderbird (Electric 4).