Sign in to follow this  
NewRight

Cast-A-Way Lonesomely

thindexedgif.gif Vig. 21a

My entry for that other Pirate themed site.

Let's make use of this ship... and so it began.

CIMG4979.jpg

CIMG4981.jpg

CIMG4982.jpg

CIMG4988.jpg

CIMG4989.jpg

CIMG4997.jpg

See more at MOCPages.

NewRight

Edited by SlyOwl

excellent, I love the hut ^^ and ... wath kind of pieces are the bullets ? never saw it before Oo

My opinion:

Looks great, the shelter is build on a realistical way and there are so many details everywhere.

Another great MOC from you, Newright :thumbup:

Possible improvements:

Not so very much can be done to make it even better I think, but maybe you might try one of these things.

1)Perhaps you could add a second minifig, an animal like a monkey, a crocodile or something custom-made? You could let him/she/it do something so you would have a second "centre of attention", next to your pirate-minifig. (Yes, I have seen the bird, but why that color? Is it a stonen one?

2) I wouldnt be able to resist placing a fishing line... Since we are going "Robinson"style anyway, I do see he has quite a stock of food yes, but I wonder how long it will last if he keeps it stored like this :pir_laugh2: (animals, ants, rodents,...)

I see the Anchor line but I dont see its purpose, if that is a fishing line, then Im sorry :pir-blush:

3) Are you certain he wants to point his :cannon: at his shelter? Not that he can operate it well by himself but I just wouldnt rest comfortably knowing a :cannon: was pointing at me :pir-laugh:

Yeah I know, all little stuff, but its just that your MOC is so great already :pir-wink:

Edited by zorro3999

1)Perhaps you could add a second minifig, an animal like a monkey, a crocodile or something custom-made? You could let him/she/it do something so you would have a second "centre of attention", next to your pirate-minifig. (Yes, I have seen the bird, but why that color? Is it a stonen one?

2) I wouldnt be able to resist placing a fishing line... Since we are going "Robinson"style anyway, I do see he has quite a stock of food yes, but I wonder how long it will last if he keeps it stored like this :pir_laugh2: (animals, ants, rodents,...)

I see the Anchor line but I dont see its purpose, if that is a fishing line, then Im sorry :pir-blush:

3) Are you certain he wants to point his :cannon: at his shelter? Not that he can operate it well by himself but I just wouldnt rest comfortably knowing a :cannon: was pointing at me :pir-laugh:

1) Sorry the rules of the contest I entered allowed only one minifigure. And I don't own many pirate animals so I had to settle with a bley parrot. :pir-hmpf_bad:

2) The anchor serves no purpose. It was thrown in as another detail. :pir_laugh2:

3) I didn't really think about it when I photographed it. Lets assume it is empty. :jollyroger:

I like you MOC a lot! Their are pieces everywhere! There is food here, cannons here, wood here, and a minifig there! :pir-tongue:

Can't wait to see other people's creations!

Lego12

Great moc, excellent detail. I also think, that it could use another minifig or something along the lines of one.

Ahhhhh, another MOC which uses "cluttering" to great effect to depicts the "strewn castaway" image very effectively. Only problem is the whites seem a bit over saturated and are blending into the background, a nice blue sky would provide contrast but of course adding one digitially it would be rather difficult to "cut around" the white objects to seperate them from the background.

I've used a lot of "inverted commas" in this post, haven't I?

Funny you should mention the over saturation because I was just looking at the MOC wondering if some would comment on that. I could of course used red, blue, green, orange, and etc. colors since I just so happen to own all of them. Power to the "".

I tend to go with blue backgrounds myself because they work well for skies.

My MOCing skills are somewhat lacking, but my strengths in the photo manipulation/digital editing deparement are quite strong so that's probably why I'm the one to pick up on the over saturation.