Hello, this is a WIP of my latest moc: a MAN TGS 8X8 leafspring suspended fully RC with autovalve compressor pump! Plus many other features and functions.

It also features many attachments, like a Fassi F1950 XP crane fully RC using new pneumatic V2 system!

It also has a dumping load bed, a front snow plow (this will be shown later on when completed!

The idea is to use the cabin and chassis as a starting base to develop more mocs like the XXL version of the same truck, 3 axle, 4 axle, 5 axle.

Functions: - 8X8 driver train driven by 1 L motor

- Realistic steering system with levers (plus different angles between 1 and 2 axle) steered by an M motor

- Pneumatic compressor with autovalve powered by an L motor

- 2 IR receivers that controls the drive, steer, 1 pneumatic switches (in this case used for tipping the bed) and 1 more motor for extra function (in this case used to rotate the crane)

More pics here: http://bricksafe.com/pages/TheItalianBrick/fassi-f1950-xp

http://bricksafe.com/pages/TheItalianBrick/man-tgs-44.480-8x8

I'll progress I'll take more and better pics. Enjoy what I have so far!

800x533.jpg

800x533.jpg

800x533.jpg

800x533.jpg

And this is the crane, it's also a WIP but so far I'm happy with the result!

800x533.jpg

800x533.jpg

800x533.jpg

Edited by TheItalianBrick

Wow, the crane and truck looks gorgeous. Do you have a picture of the leafsprings?

Effie the crane looks amazing yes but when I'll take pics of it on the truck you'll be even more amazed! I'm planning to double the length of it as well....

Well today there is not much light...so you guys have to wait a bit for extra pics! the front axle it's so complex give the traction and the steering linkage....will show as soon as possible!

:wacko: tube nightmare... in very welldone small truck, better pics?, even better?.

it's not easy to route all those tubes! I did a good job but I know how to improve it...it's a matter of time! And as said the pics are not good...sorry...I'll wait when there is more light!

wow that is one clean looking truck and recognizable too.

I actually think the crane looks very tidy and smooth, even with those tubes.

could be even better maybe with a hose system like the claw tech rig?

Great job so far!

wow that is one clean looking truck and recognizable too.

I actually think the crane looks very tidy and smooth, even with those tubes.

could be even better maybe with a hose system like the claw tech rig?

Great job so far!

The problem is the sections extend and the hoses need to follow...on such a scale it's hard to clean up..but as I said will be improved! Also I'm planning to remove the JIB at the end and double the length of the main 2 extendable sections...will see how it turns out at the end!

Great Job. The truck looks awesome. I love the crane concept. Just a bit bulky.

Thanks, yes it's a bit bulky but you need to consider this crane in real life are huge and powerful, and to make similar thin gin Lego it's hard! Anyway I'm happy and glad if you like it!

Hello Andrea!

The truck looks amazing and the crane arm too! I'm looking forward to see it in video in action! Great work!

Max

Edited by MaxSupercars

For extensions you can use the crane part Effe made.

Like the truck.

But why make it twice as long, looks good like this.

For extensions you can use the crane part Effe made.

Sorry but I'm a purist and I only use lego parts, I respect Effe's effort but after all this is a lego forum....

I like the challenge, to print 3D parts it's not challenging and kills the fantasy....

Hello Andrea!

The truck looks amazing and the crane arm too! I'm looking forward to see it in video in action! Great work!

Max

Thanks Max!! I've been testing the crane and it needs a bigger compressor.....will probably make few small videos before a final one! Keep an eye on this post man!

That crane arm is impressive. But where did you get all those new pneumatics ?

H

That looks incredible! Can you post a video of how the crane works, or at least show pics of the full extension? Also, how did you get all the new pnuematics, I'm assuming that you didn't buy the Arocs 4 times... :wink:

I look forward to a video of the crane in action,the styling of the truck is very good. :thumbup:

I personally think the truck could be a little bit wider,but it is only nit-picking.

That crane arm is impressive. But where did you get all those new pneumatics ?

H

Have you heard of bricklink ?

I bought some of the longer cylinders there before Christmas.

I look forward to a video of the crane in action,the styling of the truck is very good. :thumbup:

I personally think the truck could be a little bit wider,but it is only nit-picking.

I bought some of the longer cylinders there before Christmas.

Ryan in real life the TGS doesn't have such a wide cabin, as you know the doors are more inboard than other trucks so that the wheel arches looks wider...what I did was to keep the cabin 17 studs, the wheel arches 18 studs (half stud each side) and the wheels 19 studs!! This was a complex goal to achieve as normally with stud less design we use odd numbers. The good thing is that at the end it resemble the real thing almost perfectly (according to the blueprints i've used!)

Will probably build a blue one as well....or yellow!

I have 22 of the new pneumatics V2

Wow, the cabin and crane look gorgeous and I too would like to see some pictures of front drivetrain+suspension.

If there's any criticism its that I'm not completely sold on the front bumper, I think you can do a better job!

Looking forward to the progress.

Wow, the cabin and crane look gorgeous and I too would like to see some pictures of front drivetrain+suspension.

If there's any criticism its that I'm not completely sold on the front bumper, I think you can do a better job!

Looking forward to the progress.

Thanks SM! I'll improve the front lights but I'm quite happy with the bumper: here you can see a comparison between the real thing and mine

800x533.jpg

Very curious about your chassis and axles,. Very very nice so far!

Edited by Sylvian

Your cab is too high (or maybe to narrow) when compared to that picture. Would you be so kind and provide pictures taken directly from front and side? I'd like to compare it to blueprints.

And I love that crane, it is a pitty that those cylinders are not long enough :)

Your cab is too high (or maybe to narrow) when compared to that picture. Would you be so kind and provide pictures taken directly from front and side? I'd like to compare it to blueprints.

And I love that crane, it is a pitty that those cylinders are not long enough :)

Thanks M, I think pics are giving everybody bad proportions impression, in reality the truck matches quite well the blueprints! It's true the cabin is something like 1 stud higher that what should be (actually it's not the all cabin but more the central part where the grill is) because of the V6 engine I had to put under it!

Once at home I'll make some comparison from the LDD file I have with the blueprints!

P.S. M would be nice to put mine next to yours...they would look cool close together!!

This is looking great. The white looks stunning, and the front bumper is great.

The crane looks wild, and I look forward to seeing it in action.

This is looking great. The white looks stunning, and the front bumper is great.

The crane looks wild, and I look forward to seeing it in action.

Thanks thirdwigg, and hopefully the blue version i'm planning to build will look amazing too!

This looks really really good! I'm also not entirely convinced of the dimensions: the cab, while stunning, looks a bit too high in relation to the width and the wheels. However, it may be just the perspective of the photos: the first posted photo looks better than the second, for example. I'm waiting for some good, less artistic, photos :grin:

The crane is awesome. Really impressive and I'm looking forward to a video! :thumbup:

Keep up the good work!

This is one of the best looking Technic truck nowadays, really sleek and modern. The proportions are also ok to my eyes. :thumbup: :thumbup:

The crane is just wow!! Looking forward to video presentation.

I would only change the sun-visor to something smoother, if... do You plan to release once it will be finished? :classic:

This looks really really good! I'm also not entirely convinced of the dimensions: the cab, while stunning, looks a bit too high in relation to the width and the wheels. However, it may be just the perspective of the photos: the first posted photo looks better than the second, for example. I'm waiting for some good, less artistic, photos :grin:

The crane is awesome. Really impressive and I'm looking forward to a video! :thumbup:

Keep up the good work!

This is one of the best looking Technic truck nowadays, really sleek and modern. The proportions are also ok to my eyes. :thumbup: :thumbup:

The crane is just wow!! Looking forward to video presentation.

I would only change the sun-visor to something smoother, if... do You plan to release once it will be finished? :classic:

Thanks both guys! Eventually I'll re-work a bit the cabin! Soon to show more pics!

This truck really is good looking and realistically build!!! This is right down my alley... :thumbup::wub: Accept for the technic beam approach, but we have to have our differences...haha... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Great that you also have a steering system with levers, that is more or less the same approach as in my trucks.

I have to go with M_longer, there is something happening with that cab that I am sure of you could do better... It has to with proportions I agree on that, not sure what to advice... No need for advice, you figure it out yourself that is what I am sure off!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :laugh: :laugh:

Crane is a great build as well. Are these supposed to be combined?

Nice to see you have a platform that enable you to extend the chassis and add axles!!! Well done...

Edited by 2LegoOrNot2Lego...