Well it looks like Ninjago won't be ending in 2013...

https://community.le...nt/td-p/4461464

https://community.le...o continues.jpg

Personally I was looking forward to the end of Ninjago and the look of the teaser poster looks... Weird.

HR official images of the first wave

Pictures Link to HR version which can be 2000.pxl

70721 Kai Fighter

Put the heat on General Cryptor and grab the Techno-Blade with Kai Fighter with 2 flick missiles,

jet engines and speed mode wings. Kai has taken over a civilian vehicle and used his

Techno-Blade to turn it into an awesome red and gold Ninja Fighter! Take off and weave

between the skyscrapers of New Ninjago City with Kai in the cockpit. Shoot the gold-tipped

flick missiles into the path of the evil General Cryptor and evade blasts from his ground-to-air

laser rocket launcher. Defeat General Cryptor then flip the wings back to engage speed mode

and zoom away. Includes 2 minifigures with weapons and an accessory: Kai and General Cryptor.

a_70721_box_front_1000.jpg

b_70721_box_side_200.jpg c_70721_detail_1_200.jpg d_70721_detail_2_200.jpg m_70721_minifigure_1_200.jpg

70722 OverBorg Attack

Escape on the Green Ninja cycle in OverBorg Attack with all-terrain tank bike, mech chair,

spinning saw blades, jump ramp and 2 minifigures. Cyrus Borg has been transformed by

technology into OverBorg, and is on a mission to control New Ninjago City and capture the

Green Ninja. Help the Green Ninja escape to safety on his super-slick cycle with golden blades.

The OverBorg has powered up in his mech chair and is giving chase on his all-terrain tank

bike, churning up the road with the two fast-spinning, slicing circular saw blades. Evade the

tank bike’s lasers then accelerate onto the ramp and soar over OverBorg’s fearsome

machine! Includes 2 minifigures with weapons and accessories: OverBorg and Lloyd.

a_70722_box_front_1000.jpg

b_70722_box_side_200.jpg c_70722_detail_1_200.jpg d_70722_detail_2_200.jpg e_70722_detail_3_200.jpg f_70722_detail_4_200.jpg

70723 Thunder Raider

Battle the Nindroids with Jay’s Thunder Raider featuring attack/speed modes, hidden

flick missiles plus Cole’s Earth Mech and Techno-Blade.

Team up Cole and Jay against the Nindroids with Thunder Raider, a versatile Ninja vehicle

full of hidden surprises. Attach Cole’s Earth Mech to the back of Jay’s lightning off-roader.

Engage speed mode and power effortlessly over rough terrain with the high-grip front tank

treads and huge rear wheels. When the Nindroid attacks with its double laser cannon,

detach Cole’s Earth Mech and fight back using the golden sword blasters. Transform the

awesome Thunder Raider into attack mode to shoot hidden missiles and reload until the

Ninjas are victorious! Includes 3 minifigures with weapons: Cole, Jay and a Nindroid.

a_70723_box_front_1000.jpg

b_70723_box_side_200.jpg c_70723_detail_1_200.jpg d_70723_detail_2_200.jpg e_70723_detail_3_200.jpg m_70723_minifigures_200.jpg

Sh9ql41l.jpg

Edited by Peppermint_M
Official images added!

Interesting, but I'm not sure that's really refering to the sets, possibly just to the storyline, Messege Boards, or something else. The poster looks to me like Zane after he got whacked by the devourer. I can't say I'm sure that it would really be at all a good move on LEGO's part to keep doing the actual sets. I myself (and I'm one of the biggest Ninjago fans out there) can't say it would be all that great, after getting all ready for Ninjago's end, planning life with Chima, so to speak, and generally dropping Ninjago into the bucket of themes that I loved but are over. Reviving it now would just seem weird. So... IDK really about how much I believe this. LEGO set up the end very well, and really I think I was less saddened with this end than I was with the end of Rise of the Snakes as far as the TV series goes, it just seemed like such an ideal place to stop, that I really have no idea how LEGO would keep it going! They'd have to set up an entire new plot, and even if they let it rest one year I don't see really how Ninjago and Chima could co-exist and both be strong. In 2014, if Ninjago returned, all the Chima fans would probably be mad in their turn about Ninjago cutting Chima's run short (as that's probably what it would be seen as), especially since Ninjago is a theme that already had 2 and a half (arguably 3) years, whereas in that scenario Chima would only have had one.

More roboticised Zane. (Zane? I get the names mixed up...)

Yep, Zane. In fact, that seems to me just like after he got wacked by the devourer - compare.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ninjago had more potential to return than some past story-driven themes, since it did end on a strong note rather than sticking it out until sales could no longer sustain it. With that said, not sure what to make of this news.

The way they phrase it, I don't think it's meant to be news specific to the LEGO Message Boards, since it sounds like this is news they think even people not active on the message boards would take interest in.

On a side note, take a look at the reflection in Zane's eyes...

Edited by Aanchir

Interesting? I wonder if this means CN has asked for another season of the show?

Just from that poster, and assuming it is more episodes, the story will probably shift towards Zane. I remember noticing when they found Zane's father, that there were a bunch of Nindroid plans in his tower. There might be a second one ala Data vs Lore?

...On a side note, take a look at the reflection in Zane's eyes...

Good eye. Maybe there's more to this than just a weird poster... :look:

Edit: In fact, looking at that, I'm getting more excited as we speak...

Edited by Kai NRG

Seems like it is one of three things:

1. A genuine anouncement.
  2. A complete and utter hoax.
  3. Old promotional material for 2012, refering to 2013.3.

3 seems the likeliest. The reflection kinda looks like a stone warrior.

Good eye. Maybe there's more to this than just a weird poster... :look:

Edit: In fact, looking at that, I'm getting more excited as we speak...

There might be some good Robot parts in Ninjago in 2014 :grin:

Well now this is a surprising development.

I heavily doubt there will be sets, but it's possible the story will continue in some form. Very interesting.

The more I think about it, it could really be a spin-off theme and miniseries focused on Zane, with 4-5 sets like Power Miners 2010, Space Police 2010, and Atlantis 2011. Maybe the spin-off mini-series can take the time slots for Chima when Season 2 is in development.

Or it may be a web series, like the Yoda Chronicles for LEGO Star Wars. That's getting a set.

Edited by just2good

...The reflection kinda looks like a stone warrior.

You've got to be kidding me! Dosen't look at all like a stone warrior to me!

...I heavily doubt there will be sets, but it's possible the story will continue in some form. Very interesting.

I would kind of doubt that there would be a story (or at least a TV show) without sets, as LEGO focuses on producing LEGOs, not stories. Of course, the show is not done directly by the LEGO company, but I don't really see why they would invest time in it without making the sets it will be promoting. On the other hand, I wonder if there is any possibility that Ninjago would be at all conected (via TV show) to Chima? Sounds unlikely I know, but my brain is doing its best to come up with reasons why this isn't really as good as it sounds!

You've got to be kidding me! Dosen't look at all like a stone warrior to me!

I would kind of doubt that there would be a story (or at least a TV show) without sets, as LEGO focuses on producing LEGOs, not stories. Of course, the show is not done directly by the LEGO company, but I don't really see why they would invest time in it without making the sets it will be promoting. On the other hand, I wonder if there is any possibility that Ninjago would be at all conected (via TV show) to Chima? Sounds unlikely I know, but my brain is doing its best to come up with reasons why this isn't really as good as it sounds!

Oh yeah, I doubt there would be a show without sets, although they did well for the first half of season three without any influence from the sets. I was considering a similar situation to what happened with BIONICLE, where the sets were cancelled yet the story continued for several months online via short stories on LEGO's website (of course, that really didn't end too well, now did it).

It is interesting that Zane is the Ninja featured on the poster, and actually it seems to make a lot of sense; I had always thought that Zane's father joining the group had been a bit pointless, but if Zane will be the focus of another series (or, as just2good suggested, a series of Mini-movies, and that does sound quite likely), then having his father back would actually make a lot of sense! And thinking about it... this is more what I want than anything else... but what would it be like if LEGO gave us five or six mini-movies, one on each of the ninja and possibly a few other characters (like maybe one on Nya, one on Wu, one on Garmadon, etc.), and (this is the part I really want to happen) a $20-30 "pack" of each ninja (or character, though Nya could go with Jay easily enough), with a few of the spinners/character cards/versions that were either not produced (eg. Jay DX's character card, or the Kimono spinners), along with - as long as we're dreaming - their hairs and pajamas... unrealistic maybe, but I think it would be cool... :laugh:

Edit: Also, the fact that the last episode (or what we thought was the last episode) was called Rise of the Spinjitzu Master rather than... well, something else, suggests that there might be more to him (eg. Rise of the Great Devourer - Day of the Great Devourer).

Edited by Kai NRG

Everything I thought I knew about the world...

has crumbled. O.o Seriously, though, as long as LoC and Ninjago's story don't suffer from this, this is great news! :D

-Gata signoff.png

That poster looks genuine, perhaps Chima is only going for one season or perhaps cross-over of yet again Cartoon Network will end up with two Lego TV series on at the same time ? :grin:

Remember the ending of the last series left the door open for another ? :wink:

(or, as just2good suggested, a series of Mini-movies, and that does sound quite likely)

A series of mini movies is a likely possibility. They did do that between s1 and 2. But the long lead time seems to hint against that, doesn't it? They would use mini movies as filler to keep interest between major releases. Such as that time between the first Ninjago TV movie and the series production. (What we think of as season 1 to season 2). Plus why would they do mini movies or teasers for a sunseting project?

No, the only ways that I can see 2014 making sense is either CN, after seeing the recent ratings for Ninjago, has just requested another season (this makes sense when looking at Cartoon Network/Adult Swims rather strange way of ordering shows that often puts long periods between seasons), or the demand for more Ninjago has been so great that they tacked on another wave. Or possibly both? My money is on CN pulling the trigger and wanting more. TLG already has another Ninjago wave heading for shelves. They probably would not make a call on more internally until they gauged sales of that, and or sales and such on Chima.

The more I think on it, if the post is legit, then we are probably looking at another season of the show for sure.

Edited by Faefrost

I posted back in the Ninjago 2013 thread that I talked with a Lego store manager and he said Ninjago wasn't going to be discontinued, but re-booted. Looks like he was right :classic:

Are those evil nindroid reflections I see in Zane's eyes :wub:

I posted back in the Ninjago 2013 thread that I talked with a Lego store manager and he said Ninjago wasn't going to be discontinued, but re-booted. Looks like he was right :classic:

Are those evil nindroid reflections I see in Zane's eyes :wub:

I hope so. I felt it was shame the "grey nindroids" never got made as figs (but I appreciate they made be a semi-easy custom).

So far Chima has looked pretty dull and dissapointing and frankly has failed to interest me in the way Ninjago has so I'm glad TLC has realised their mistake and revived this line (no offence meant towards any Chima fans; just not for me). I just hope it doesn't get stretched out too far like Bionical apparently was.