gmsracing

My modular town layout

I posted a pic earlier on another tread, but I thought I'd open up a new thread with a link to brickshelf of my town layout. I wasn't able to post additional pics on this site. It is a modular design and all of the floors of the buildings can come on/off in Cafe Corner style. I'm not into the interiors too much--I've concentrated on the exterior designs. I have a difficult time maintaining the town (so please excuse some incompleteness) as my 5 year old son is constantly knocking things down, modifying things, or "borrowing" pieces for his own designs. But that is part of the fun! Next up is a train station using a couple of apple tree houses so I have somewhere for the Emerald Night to be.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=457341

Still not public!! Hurry up BS, I want to see close up pics of the excellent double grand emporium :thumbup:

I'm not quite sure why it isn't public. I didn't see any thing to check/uncheck when I uploaded the photos. I also uploaded them over a day ago. Does it take a while for the site to make it active?

I'm not quite sure why it isn't public. I didn't see any thing to check/uncheck when I uploaded the photos. I also uploaded them over a day ago. Does it take a while for the site to make it active?

Yes it can take some time for BS to moderate and make new folders public. To get around this you can deeplink images into your post. There are tutorials on how to post images on Eurobricks (you link to other photohosting sites like Brickshelf, flickr or MocPages) you should check out.

Outstanding layout. All of the buildings look excellent. I particularly like the double Grand Emporium with the road going through underneath it. :thumbup:

Extremely well done. :classic:

~buddy~

I'm impressed with your AWESOME town, I notice you have made alot of MOC buildings...you could post your best ones seperately so we can all see more detail ! :wink:

Parking bays :thumbup: , greenery :thumbup: , old buildings, very old buildings and modernised old buildings :thumbup:

I'm very glad the link work this time, you could deeplink them I guess, but anyway excellent work, keep it up and totally Brick On 'gmsracing' ! :grin:

I particularly like the double Grand Emporium with the road going through underneath it.

Absolutely - like I said in that other thread, I think it's a great idea. It looks fantastic. Overall a great layout that doesn't take up all that much space. I'm a bit envious! :)

that is absolutely brilliant! I love what you have done to solve the "using road plates with modular buildings" problem by making them parking spaces! brilliant!

I love this. But the fact that it is on the floor makes me extremely nervous.

Yes, but I wanted it to be accessible to my 5 yr old. I've also had it on the dining room table-but then my wife wanted to have some people over. I tried to design the layout so my son can can access to it as much as possible. That is why it has a "ring road." My cat pretty much leaves it alone, although she has barfed on it a few times!

I love it.

You bought two GE?

Regards

Yes, I bought two GE's. I supplemented the bottom story with my own bricks and the base came from the last gas station that had the small car wash attached to it. The top two floors of each "set" are connected (so they are one long piece) but there is currently a wall separating the inside. (The original exterior wall of the GE.) I was a bit lazy building it and I need to go back and take the now internal wall out and maybe put in some decorative arches or something like that to help support the story above it. At the time I was debating on weather or not to keep the 2 sets so I didn't want to just rip into the 1st corner model. I guess now that they have been built for about a year I'm keeping them both!

Edited by gmsracing