Sign in to follow this  
Matn

Vignette: Harry Potter learns the Patronus-spell

theaterindex.gif

After rewatching the third Harry Potter movie I decided to make this event from the film in LEGO. I don't have the camera under control (as you can see), but I think its because it is an cheap digital camera. I'm trying everything to make it less blurry, I put on some sharper layer in Photoshop. If i can take pictures that ain't so blurry I will post them again.

This is the folder after moderation: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=290777

patronusworked2_sharpened.jpg

Edited by Matn

Great little vignette, I especially like the use of the trans-clear dish plate, that's a very good idea. *y*

The only thing I would change is Harry's face, the new one is much better. ;-)

P.S.: I can't recognize the "Dementor's" head in the last pic, what piece is it?

Edited by Lego-Freak

Thanks. The new Harry Potter face is not in my possesion. (I passed the 4th movie sets). But I will order the 4th en 5th movie sets, but first the ones from the third one. Then it will be perfect, i like the both faces, this one is younger than the newer one.

Edited by Matn

I like this, but I'd condense it into an 8x8 vig, to make it more compact, and so more detailed and so better use of the space and so better...

SlyOwl

Edited by SlyOwl

I like this, but I'd condense it into an 8x8 vig, to make it more compact, and so more detailed and so better us eof tthe space and so better...

SlyOwl

Well, this is my first vignette and I didn't know well the rules of such a thing. I will make an 8x8 vignette, I will post it tomorrow.

:-)

Very cool, especially for your first vig! Very cool, the last pic made me giggle. :-P *y*

Just to clarify, a vignette is usually 8x8 studs, unless over-lapping is used. But it always rests on 8x8 studs. However, I'll let you off since this is your first try. ;-) :-D

~Peace

Neat work *y* It's a very nice bignette (a bigger vignette); I really like the x3 dish as magic aura coming from the wand ;-)

As for the photos, have you tried the macro option (usually symbolized by a button with a turnip shape on it) 8-| ?

LuxorV

Neat work *y* It's a very nice bignette (a bigger vignette); I really like the x3 dish as magic aura coming from the wand ;-)

As for the photos, have you tried the macro option (usually symbolized by a button with a turnip shape on it) 8-| ?

LuxorV

Yes, I used the macro option now and this is the result. I like it much better, I also used an 8x8 plate as base. I didn't put the walls on because it went way to crowdy then.

folder: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=290908

patronusworking2.jpg

Edited by Matn

Very nice, but I liked your bigger vignette a little better.... you know, beside some contest rules you

really can make your vigs as big as you want.... ;-)

I agree the first was better.

Seems that you are not focusing your camera correct, even cheap cam's do not blur, try holding the button down halfway, then without taking your finger of the button, then press it all the way down, this normally will focus much better.

I wish more people would make HP vig's / MOC's. In fact I think I will do one!!!1

Hehe, thanks.

I'm still making my Harry Potter figures, but I'm waiting for my pieces I ordered (there seems to be something wrong with the postal office). Then I will take the pictures with my grandfathers big and expensive camera. ^^