Endgame

Heroica RPG - Quest #134: The Sky Is Falling

The alpha direwolf tears through the brush, it's legs carrying it as fast as possible. The sense of urgency and danger was foreign to the great creature, and so his mind was only focused on one thing: fleeing.

An ear-splitting noise booms from behind him. His brain can only process it for a moment before the sound crashes into his body. Bones break, muscles snap, and the direwolf meets his end.

04lpzqo.png

It's early morning when five adventurers set out. Another day, another quest, and another uneventful trek through the streets of Eubric. Now perfectly familiar with the winding corridors of the city, they keep their eyes on the road, trying to avoid confrontation with Eubric's more eccentric denizens. Their luck pulls through, and the group of five heroes have already almost made it to their rendezvous with the young boy. Those five were...

The Party:

ava-sylph2.jpgSylph Solanum (Dannylonglegs)

unknown age, unknown race Druid *Immune to Sealed*

Level: 25

Health: 35/35

Ether: 30/30

Gold: 85

Equipment: Shrapnel Bow (WP: 10, Bow. Every successful hit drops the target's SP by 1), 20-20 glasses (headwear, +1 turn of effect for scrolls), Robe of the Archmagi (Bodywear; SP: 3; Max Ether +5, immune to "Sealed")

Inventory: Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Ice Armour, 2 Potions, 1 Grand Potion, 2 Tonics, 1 Venom, 2 Fire Bombs, 1 Ice Bomb, 3 Water Bombs, 2 Lightning Bombs, 1 Floral Bomb, 7 Bones, Trial Brew x3, Helmet (Max. health +1)), Emerald, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, Signet Ring, Saber Teeth, Journal of The Bleeding,Tale of the Invincible King, Psych Documents, Journal of The Wound, Suffering's Journal, Robe of the Magi (Bodywear, SP: 1), Smoke Bomb, Ranger's Quiver (WP +1 to bows and crossbows), Orcish Morning Star (WP: 9, mace), Mulled Wine, Spinning Bolas (WP: 8, deals the Slowed effect, but the effect is removed when retrieved, throwing weapon), Grand Elixir (Restores full health and ether to target and remedies all negative effects), Hide of The Suffering (Bodywear, Power +7 when under a negative status effect. Doesn't stack.), Merry Bow (WP:7, ranged, steals 1 gold with each successful hit except Shield-skills), Emerald Hood (SP: 4, headwear, protects from Fragile), Sterile Gloves

14843699811_088fbcaeeb_o.jpg

Annienal Anavir (Kintobor)

"19" year old elven female Knight *Bonaparte Reputation*

Level 13

Power: 30 (12+18)

Defense: 7 (2+5)

Health: 24/24 (13+10+1)

Equipment: Bonaparte Cutlass (WP:9, doubled if the user has reputation among the Bonapartes; longsword), Plain Shield (SP: 5), Pauldrons (SP: 2, suitable for knights, dragoons, and skirmishers; accessory), Helmet (Max Health +1, headwear)

Gold: 660

Inventory: Ammit (WP: 6; greatsword, user gains 5 ether for every kill), Wicked Javelin (WP: 7, throwing weapon, retrievable, 1/6 chance to slow), Sanctified Rito Longsword (WP: 4, Hits doubled against flying enemies, longsword), Training Sword (WP:4), Throwing Knife (WP: 3, throwing weapon), Shark’s Tooth (Power increased by 5 against Aquatics, Accessory), Tridentian Cape (Max Ether +3; protects from Blinded effect; suitable for mages, clerics, necromancers and scholars; backwear), Tobacco Pouch(1/2 Chance of Blinding with attacks, accessory), Locustoid Greaves(+4 Ether, immune to Earth Class, usable by all Ether-based classes)

Emerald (Wood), Sapphire (Wind), Aquamarine (Water), Amethyst (Darkness), 5x Potions, Grand Potion, Field Rations (Restore 15 health), Banana (restores full health to the user), 2x Phoenix Essences, 3x Remedies, 2x Mead, Venom, Smoke Bomb, Fire Bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Telescope, Pickaxe

Scrolls: Scroll of Fire Warding (1/2 chance to make the target immune to fire for the duration of one battle at the cost of 1 ether), Scroll of Ice Warding (1/2 chance to make the target immune to ice for the duration of one battle at the cost of 1 ether), Scroll of Water Warding (1/2 chance to make the target immune to water for the duration of one battle at the cost of 1 ether), Scroll of Wood Warding (1/2 chance to make the target immune to wood for the duration of one battle at the cost of 1 ether)

37 year old, Male, Half Giant,

Level: 21 witch *Gains Triple XP* *Immune to Fire, Asleep, Blinded, Confused, Fragile, Weakened, and Sealed Effects* Attacks Are Poisoned by 11, Dual Striking

Power: 31 (21+10) (+10 to healing)

Defense: 3

Health: 37/37 (9+20+8)

Ether: 30/30 (5+20+5)

Gold: 562

Equipment:

Twin Sai (WP: 10, dual strike, dagger)

Medal of Glory (accessory, mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles, immunity to Asleep, Blinded, Confused, Fragile, and Weakened effects)(lent by Benji)

Fiery Robes of the Archmagi (SP:3 Bodywear +5 Ether, immunity to Sealed Effect and Fire)

Gloves of the Hypocritical/Hippocratic Oath, Handwear, (Adds +10 to healing for characters with the Healing job trait and + 10 Poisoning for characters with the Wicked (or future equivalent) fighting style )

Inventory:

Consumables: 5X Remedy, 5X Potion, Grand Potion, 3X Smoke Bomb, 4X Mead, 5X Tonic, 3x Venom (poison -1), 3X Deadly Poison (Poison -10), Banana, Poison Bomb, Grand Potion, 4X Hurricane - This exotic drink grants the Hilariously and Luckily Drunk-effect, doubling the power of every attack, provided the consumer can state a pun related to his attack with every attack for the duration of one battle,3X Smelling Salts, Grating Stone,

Weapons:

Spark Hammer (WP:8, (X2 against Aquatic, Flying, and Mechanical) lightning-elemental hammer),

Very Pink Parasol: Broomstick, WP:1, Male enemies are Enamored with the hero, Verkenner (WP:10, Darkness elemental Broomstick,(X2 against Humanoid and Holy/Luminous)ranged)

Artefacts:

Wonky Shoes (footwear, SP: 3, suitable for all classes)(lent by Benj), Toxic Hood: (Headwear. The green hood worn by the Rosalia Pestilence. Changes the poisoned effect, to Blessed for the duration of the battle if poisoned while wearing the hood, Usable by all.) Ten-Gallon Hat: Gives the wearer the "Tourist" effect, causing no one to take them seriously) Witch's Talisman (Causes the witch's poisonous attacks to deal poison 10 instead of poison 1; suitable for witches, accessory) Ethereal Cloak (SP:2, Max. Ether +4, suitable for mages, clerics, necromancers, scholars and weather mages; backwear. Raw Horsehide (Worth 10 Gold, or can be worn by Barbarian classes for SP:1)

Gems: , Topaz , Emerald X2, Diamond, Opal, Aquamarine X2, Garnet, Sapphire

Decamon Cards: Cherub (Luminous 3)

Tools: Bed Roll and Shovel

FF504FA7-99AD-4A88-9651-BE47D90B4E11_zpshsik7tze.jpgWarlen Melimane, The oft-drunk gladeborn. (The Chosen Minifigure) Attacks deal *Enamoured* *Immune to Darkness, Fire*

23 year old male half-elf Mage

Level 14.5

Power: 23 (14+6+3).

Health: 23/23 (5+14+1+3*)

SP: 6 (3+3)

Ether: 28/28 (5+14+4+3)

Gold: 101

Equipment: Charred Love (WP:6, deals *Enamoured* effect, wand), Fenarian Robes of the Vampire (SP:3, Max. Ether +4, Immune to Darkness, backwear), Anniversary Medal (SP+3, Power+3, Ether+3, Health+3, immune to Fire, accessory, belongs to Lind).

Inventory:

Weapons- Eagle Shield (SP:4, protects from ether reduction), Plasma Shield (WP:3, absorbs electricity, belongs to Lind), Sean Cole's Sword-handcannon(Can be used alternatively as either a Handcannon or as a Longsword; each function can only be equipped by classes with the pre-existing ability to equip it; WP:8; as Longsword, pierces SP, as Handcannon, deals Bleeding-effect by 1)

Artefacts- Magicians Glove* (Power +10 to spells), Feathered Cap (SP:1, Head-wear, wearer is immune to Petrified), Counterstike Gloves, 7x Ten-Gallon Hat (Gives the wearer the "Tourist" effect, causing no one to take them seriously), Locustoid Greaves(+4 Ether, immune to Earth Class, usable by all Ether-based classes)

Warlen's Spellbook- Amethyst (Darkness), Aquamarine (Water), Emerald (Wood), Ruby (Fire), Sapphire (Wind), Opal (Ice), Garnet (Earth), Topaz (Lightning), Diamond (Light), Scroll of Sleep (1/2 chance to make target fall asleep at the cost of 1 Ether), Scroll of Antimagic (1/2 chance to make the target *Immune to magic* at the cost of 1 ether).

Must be RPed-Fireball (25 fire elemental damage to all opponents, bomb), Lightning Ball (25 lightning elemental damage to all opponents, bomb), Small Frost Ball (10 ice elemental damage to all opponents, bomb).

Consumables- 2x Potion, 2x Grand Potion, Health Core, 2x Tonic, 2x Remedy, 3x Mead, x2 Smelling salts, Nostrum x2 Smoke bomb, 2x Banana, 2x Milk (15 HP+Ether), 6x Hurricane (This exotic drink grants the Hilariously and Luckily Drunk effect, doubling the power of every attack, provided the consumer can state a pun related to his attack with every attack for the duration of one battle).

Other Junk- Bedroll, Shovel, Telescope, Magnifying Glass, Pickaxe, 6x Bones, 2x Shiny Gold Rocks(worth 1 each gold at normal shops, or worth 5 at magic stores for the mica).

15481004935_2a2eb11453_q.jpg

Throlar Wineghilm

135 year old male Dwarven Knight. *immune to ice and weakened* *Counterstriking*

Level, 13

Power, 26 (13+12+1)

Defense, 5 (5+0)

Health, 27/27 (22+5)

Gold, 50.

Equipped; Mopagsaber (WP 12, ice elemental longsword), Poncanis Shield (SP 5, ice elemental), Lion's Plate (Max health +5, Power +1, Immune to weakened, suitable for knights and barbarians, body wear), Counterstrike Gloves (if the wearer is damaged by a free hit they counter with strength equal to their level, handwear).

Inventory;

Weapons; Elven Sword (WP 5, longsword).

Shields; Elven Shield (SP 5, All elves in the party gain an equal amount of SP so long as the wielder is standing.).

Artifacts; Crow Helmet (SP 1, flying enemies do not deal free hits to the wearer, suitable for Knights and Dragoons, headwear).

Consumables; x2 Potion, Remedy, Hint Coin (Gives the user a hint about a puzzle or a tricky situation, Useable only once, Has no monetary value.), Bone, Floral Bomb, Air Bomb, Dirt Bomb, Water Bomb, Lightning Bomb, x4 Fire Bomb, Ice Bomb, Holy Bomb, Smoke Bomb x2, Deadly Venom, Phoenix Essence, Feather of Flight (allows the user to flee the battle when used), Ambrosia (causes the reinforced effect, double the targets SP for the duration of one battle).

Equipment; Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, Level up Mushroom (for The Demon Germ).

Treasures; Amethyst.

Decamon Deck, Magic Carp (Aquatic 1), Volt Ant (Electric 1), Will-o'-the-Wisp (Fiery 1), Tweetybird (Flying 1), Toxic Toad (Plant 1), Ursa Minor (Eithereal 1), Specter (Dark 2).

With only a minute or two more trekking, they find a young boy perched by his telescope - presumably, Manny.

AeOymmX.png

x4ecLhL.png

"You guys are the heroes I hired, right?"

QM Note: You folks have 24 hours to confirm. Let the fun begin. :tongue:

Edited by Endgame

The ragged Druid stepped towards the child, attempting to look non threatening, but not succeeding very well. After all, he was a mysterious cloaked figure, humanoid in shape, wearing a rough hewn cold iron helm crudely shaped to resemble an animal skull. Not exactly the most kid friendly iconography. Sylph had arrived.

"Hello child." The figure whispered in an unexpectedly soft, feminine voice. "We are indeed the heroes you requested." His voice soothingly toned. "Please... try to explain what happened. What... fell from the sky?"

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Vindsval moves up to the two figures in the clearing just in time to hear the boy. After the drab and dour environs and locals of the deep desert he finds the boys enthusiasm both welcome and soul warming.

He smiles warmly, hopefully the boy interprets it that way, and greets the youngling. "Greetings small one. I am called Vindsval. Tell us, what is it you wish us to do for you?"

The ragged Druid stepped towards the child, attempting to look non threatening, but not succeeding very well. After all, he was a mysterious cloaked figure, humanoid in shape, wearing a rough hewn cold iron helm crudely shaped to resemble an animal skull. Not exactly the most kid friendly iconography. Sylph had arrived.

"Hello child." The figure whispered in an unexpectedly soft, feminine voice. "We are indeed the heroes you requested." His voice soothingly toned. "Please... try to explain what happened. What... fell from the sky?"

Manny is taken aback a little bit by the intimidating frame of the druid, before continuing. The druid's voice seemed to succeed in calming the boy.

x4ecLhL.png

"Well, uh, miss - or sir, if I get it wrong I'm sorry - I was stargazing right here about a day or two ago when I say one of the stars, well, move. But it wasn't a star! I saw a white streak plummet right down from the night sky, and I even managed to get a glimpse of where it hit. Take a look through the telescope..."

Sylph looks into the barrel of the telescope. Manny jostle and adjusts the other end of it, before it is aimed squarely at where Manny say the meteor crash.

PLNeitT.png

A fort nestled in between two mountains.

x4ecLhL.png

"See, those are the Barrier Mountains, but I don't know what that building is. Looks mighty old. I borrowed Pa's atlas of Uland and such, but I found no mention of any forts up there..."

Vindsval moves up to the two figures in the clearing just in time to hear the boy. After the drab and dour environs and locals of the deep desert he finds the boys enthusiasm both welcome and soul warming.

He smiles warmly, hopefully the boy interprets it that way, and greets the youngling. "Greetings small one. I am called Vindsval. Tell us, what is it you wish us to do for you?"

x4ecLhL.png

"I bet anyone is a "small one" compared to you! Wow, I bet you could smash that meteor in two if you tried.

Wat I want you to do? Well, it isn't every day that a kid sees something fall from the sky! I want you guys to check it out for me, see if you can locate whatever dropped. Maybe bring me back a chunk, if you're feeling charitable, heheh..."

(Stats need a little updating, otherwise fine.)

Throlar was the next to arrive, breathing hard as if he had been running all the way, which he had.

"Hello there young man, are you the one that sent for us? If you are I'm very pleased to meet you, if not, I'm still very pleased to meet you!"

x4ecLhL.png

"See, those are the Barrier Mountains, but I don't know what that building is. Looks mighty old. I borrowed Pa's atlas of Uland and such, but I found no mention of any forts up there..."

"That does not look like a meteorite..."

Wat I want you to do? Well, it isn't every day that a kid sees something fall from the sky! I want you guys to check it out for me, see if you can locate whatever dropped. Maybe bring me back a chunk, if you're feeling charitable, heheh..."

"Sounds simple. Oh! Pardon me, I forgot to introduce myself, My name is Throlar Wineghilm, and a massive mouthful of a name it is too."

x4ecLhL.png

"Yep, I'm Manny Brixby.

The fort isn't the meteorite, that's just where it crashed. It was hard to judge how big it was - it was super bright when it came down.

Anyway, nice to meet you, Throlar Wingdings." Either the boy didn't hear Throlar correctly, or he was poking fun at his surname.

x4ecLhL.png

The fort isn't the meteorite, that's just where it crashed. It was hard to judge how big it was - it was super bright when it came down.

Anyway, nice to meet you, Throlar Wingdings." Either the boy didn't hear Throlar correctly, or he was poking fun at his surname.

"Never said it was, and the name is Wineghilm."

x4ecLhL.png

"Well, uh, miss - or sir, if I get it wrong I'm sorry - I was stargazing right here about a day or two ago when I say one of the stars, well, move. But it wasn't a star! I saw a white streak plummet right down from the night sky, and I even managed to get a glimpse of where it hit. Take a look through the telescope..."

PLNeitT.png

A fort nestled in between two mountains.

x4ecLhL.png

"It's alright," the Druid chuckled patiently, giving no indication as to which moniker he prefered.

Sylph listened attentively to the imaginative child's story, already attempting to deduce the truth of the situation. If I'm right about this... he pondered. He had seen similar occurrences in visions and prophecies. Stars falling from the sky... that are not stars. Metal spires reaching to the sky. Deserts of glass. But those were far off prophesies, he reminded himself. This fallen star must be a much more conventional circumstance. But what it forbode, Sylph could not divine.

"Thank you child," Sylph stated, stepping out from under the telescope. "This quest is certain to be an important one. I can feel it." The being beneath the iron helm continued, its voice soothing and maternal when directed at the child.

Looking around him, he saw more Heroes had arrived. "Ah," he exclaimed in a gruff lower voice. "You have arrived."

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Annienal makes her way to the group, looking woefully worried.

"Um... sorry I'm late. I um... got a little lost." Annienal looked around. She never really looked around Uland. She was either in the city or off to some far off land.

"Um, hello Manny. My name is Annienal Anavir, at your service. Aren't you... a little young to be out by yourself?"

She looks at the two party members she isn't familiar with. The dwarf she had seen around the hall before, but the heavily robed individual with the helmet made her feel uneasy. She wondered what lay under the individuals helm, but unlike with Miderun, she hoped not to find out.

"Um... hello, you two."

OOC: If Throlar and Annienal have talked, I apologize and I'll fix that last bit. :blush:

Annienal makes her way to the group, looking woefully worried.

"Um... hello, you two."

The cloak-clad figure turned to greet the uneasy Annienal. He extended a metal-gauntlet covered hand in a friendly manor.

"Sylph Solanum." a smooth male voice said. Somehow it sounded like a calm stream of cool water, or perhaps a pleasant breeze on an early autumn day. It displayed little of the earlier gruffness, and none of the maternal elements Sylph reserved for the child.

Upon hearing a thumping noise, the kid turned to Warlen. His face was covered in soot, but Warlen gave the thumbs up to the boy.

Ooc-Just realised I neglected to buy a magic compass, so I've edited my marketplace post. Otherwise, stats look good! Thanks for having me, Endgame!

x4ecLhL.png

"I bet anyone is a "small one" compared to you! Wow, I bet you could smash that meteor in two if you tried.

Vindsval chuckles once more.

If it is within my abilities you will have your chunk, my diminutive employer.

The newly minted Witch turns and surveys his companions. Annienal and Warlen he is beginning to know quite well, but these other two. Let me see he thinks to himself. The dwarf I have spoken to in passing, if I remember correctly he is about as soft tempered as the ore his people mine. The Metal Clad Tumbleweed on the other hand is an unknown quantity. A creature which hides even its eyes from those around it is hard to trust.

Greetings Throlar It is long since we first spoke. It would seem we are to trod the same path after all.

He moves to where Annienal is speaking with the druid. He extends a massive hand to him.

May your Path Find your Goals, I am Vindsval called the Half-Born.

Edited by Asphalt

He moves to where Annienal is speaking with the druid. He extends a massive hand to him.

May your Path Find your Goals, I am Vindsval called the Half-Born.

Sylph met the half giant's hand, grasping as much as he could, and gave a hearty shake. Although the witch was clearly the stronger of the two, Sylph's handshake made it clear that there was more beneath the armour than tumbleweed and twigs.

"It certainly shall." The cloaked Druid responded, pleasantly, despite the cryptic nature of his reply. Though even the suggestion of a face beneath the iron helm was conceiled, it sounded as though the figure might have been smiling earnestly. "I am called many things, but you may refer to me as Sylph Solanum, a druid by profession and passion."

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Vindsval accepts the shake from the cloaked figure.

"Well met. Tell me Slyph Solanum, you are obviously one of experience, with many leagues beneath you feet. How does it come to be that you are a stranger to all of us here?"

Edited by Asphalt

Vindsval accepts the shake from the cloaked figure.

"Well met. Tell me Slyph Solanum, you are obviously one of experience, with many leagues beneath you feet. How does it come to be that you are a stranger to all of us here?"

The figure beneath the iron helm chuckled. While the sound was intended to be conversational in tone, it came off as somewhat distant.

"Ah, yes" he began, "I have been away from the Hall for some time now. I had business to attend to in the Waldurk forest. As a Druid, my allegiance is not solely to this Hall, you see, but rather to Nature herself. It is my sworn duty to protect her in whatever capacity I can. It just so happened that I was needed elsewhere for a few years..." Sylph's voice developed a more raspy note too it. He sounded older now than he did at first. "Nature used to be able to protect itself, you see." His voice was solemn, "Ages upon ages ago... before the dawn of man, or elf, or dwarf, Nature existed in flawless equilibrium. Absolute perfection. But when men came into being they thought only of harnessing Nature's gifts for themselves. Now the state of the world is much different. She needs the constant protection of Wardens, and the nurturing prowess of her Druids to keep her healthy." Sylph's voice returned to its original quality. "but of course this is of little interest to most people. " he chuckled once more. "I have returned to the hall once again to serve Sylvania here. And it looks like I made the right decision. This "fallen star" cannot possibly be natural."

x4ecLhL.png

"Awesome, you're all here! All you gotta do now is decide who will be leading you, and head out... That is, assuming you don't have any more questions."

x4ecLhL.png

"Awesome, you're all here! All you gotta do now is decide who will be leading you, and head out... That is, assuming you don't have any more questions."

Sylph turned back to face the child, "Find the crashsite, investigate, retrieve the "star" if it is not harmful. Got it. Seems simple enough." He said, in a deliberate fashion. Turning back to the party, the ragged Druid spoke once more."OK. Any volunteers for Party Leader? I've done my fair share before, and could again, but I'm just as content to follow another's direction should someone wish to take point. After my time in the forest I may have forgotten the nuances of the task, afterall." His tone was nonchalant, merely wishing to delegate the decision to the party to decide.

Edited by Dannylonglegs

I have spent my share of time on the path of leadership as well. I would take the mantle if it is wished of me.

The figure beneath the iron helm chuckled. While the sound was intended to be conversational in tone, it came off as somewhat distant.

"Ah, yes" he began, "I have been away from the Hall for some time now. I had business to attend to in the Waldurk forest. As a Druid, my allegiance is not solely to this Hall, you see, but rather to Nature herself. It is my sworn duty to protect her in whatever capacity I can. It just so happened that I was needed elsewhere for a few years..." Sylph's voice developed a more raspy note too it. He sounded older now than he did at first. "Nature used to be able to protect itself, you see." His voice was solemn, "Ages upon ages ago... before the dawn of man, or elf, or dwarf, Nature existed in flawless equilibrium. Absolute perfection. But when men came into being they thought only of harnessing Nature's gifts for themselves. Now the state of the world is much different. She needs the constant protection of Wardens, and the nurturing prowess of her Druids to keep her healthy." Sylph's voice returned to its original quality. "but of course this is of little interest to most people. " he chuckled once more. "I have returned to the hall once again to serve Sylvania here. And it looks like I made the right decision. This "fallen star" cannot possibly be natural."

My father too Devoted his life to that of a Root Binderl. Though in the frigid north the Earth as well as its people must be made of sterner stuff than here is the softer south. You bring honor to your vocation with your dedication Slyph Solanum.

x4ecLhL.png

"You guys talk serious, just like the other people who walked by this morning."

The cloak-clad figure turned to greet the uneasy Annienal. He extended a metal-gauntlet covered hand in a friendly manor.

"Sylph Solanum." a smooth male voice said. Somehow it sounded like a calm stream of cool water, or perhaps a pleasant breeze on an early autumn day. It displayed little of the earlier gruffness, and none of the maternal elements Sylph reserved for the child.

"Oh... um... okay. My name's Annienal... um... hi." Annienal replied, feeling intimidated by the figures outward appearance.

"I can be party leader... if no one else wishes to, that is."

x4ecLhL.png

"You guys talk serious, just like the other people who walked by this morning."

"Excuse me, Manny, but do you know the people that walked by this morning? Can you please tell us a bit about them, even if it's what they looked like and where they're heading? A smart kid like you probably remembers something." Annienal asked in a polite and diplomatic manner, trying to be positive towards Manny..

x4ecLhL.png

"They were taking the same path I was gonna point you towards." *says Manny, gesturing towards the trodden dirt road with one hand.* "They were all dressed in the same white uniform and were talking about stuff I couldn't understand. They were talking about a gift. Whether they were giving one or getting one, I dunno.

Uh, if it makes you feel any better, I can't imagine this being the dangerous sort of quest..." says Manny, clearly noticing Annie's anxiety.

Edited by Endgame

"White uniforms? Some sort religious or militant order? It would seem we may be in a race. Well then it would seem we need to appoint a leader and be on our way before we are left too far behind. Three Volunteers, what say the rest of you?"

"Oh... um... okay. My name's Annienal... um... hi." Annienal replied, feeling intimidated by the figures outward appearance.

"I can be party leader... if no one else wishes to, that is."

Sylph could sense her continued uneasiness. "If you would like to be Party Leader, you certainly may. And should you need assistance from time to time, I could lend my insight to you." His voice was preternaturally calm.

Sylph turned to the party at large. "We best be on our way soon then. It sounds like these men in white may add a complication to this otherwise simple quest."

x4ecLhL.png

"They were taking the same path I was gonna point you towards." *says Manny, gesturing towards the trodden dirt road with one hand.* "They were all dressed in the same white uniform and were talking about stuff I couldn't understand. They were talking about a gift. Whether they were giving one or getting one, I dunno.

Uh, if it makes you feel any better, I can't imagine this being the dangerous sort of quest..." says Manny, clearly noticing Annie's anxiety.

"Oh, um, no, I'm alright, I don't think this will be that dangerous. I'm just... antsy to get going." Annienal consoles Manny, although she felt more like she was comforting herself.

Sylph could sense her continued uneasiness. "If you would like to be Party Leader, you certainly may.

I would be honored to follow Annienal. The lady knight has proven herself more than competent and unflagging in battle. Would you lead us Annienal?