Sign in to follow this  
alienwar9

Hello My name is ?..... oh yea Alienwar9

Hello. New member here. Name is Alienwar9. Lego fanatic. I have been looking at eurobricks for a long time now and have decided to join. I am from Chicago, Illinois in USA, a proud owner of 800 sets and devoted to collecting. Any questions or comments? Please post

Welcome! Enjoy your stay, and as always, feel free to express yourself. We'll be nice...(Hopefully) :P

P.S. I'm also new-ish here. ;)

Welcome to our really friendly Boards alienwar9 ;)

Its always nice to see a new member coming out from deep shadows of lurking ;) and from the new chat room!!!!!! ;)

I'm sure you'll have a great time with us!!

G, what an impressive collection!!!! mostly impressive!!!!!!

Any questions or comments? Please post

What kind of LEGO be you interested in? Your name would imply space, but that might be a misassumption. But more importantly, what do you think of Pirate LEGO?

That you. And thank you for the comment. It was a lot of work. I had to search far and wide to find the right ones. I went as far as going all around europe to find some. Sort of a lego hunting project.

I love pirates! I have 4 of the boats. Although 2 are multiples. Yes I also love space. My name though is derived from Alienware computers. The 9 is just a number I had to add on for other places.

That you. And thank you for the comment. It was a lot of work. I had to search far and wide to find the right ones. I went as far as going all around europe to find some. Sort of a lego hunting project.

What sets brought you to the other side of "the pond"????

Some people travel for cultural experiences and you for Lego ;) !!!! LOL

I was searching for old and hard to find sets. At this time eBay was not opperation and the parts of Europe where I went to had very old sets. I believe that 1989-1993 was the best year for lego so I had to hunt down those sets.

Firstly castle sets. At that time I did not have any of them. Also I searched for space police (my favorite) and blacktron. Also I searched for any city sets like the hospital (still don't have it) and pizza hut.

I never could find the Pizza and restaurant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I once saw them at TRU but I wasn't really back big time in the Lego world - I could shoot me in the foot for that!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now they have it as a legend set. I still can't bring myself to get it as it is overpriced. Makes me so mad. Oh well.

welcome, alienwar9, you've been reading our posts for quite some time now, you say, so you're already familiar with many of the honourable, but weird, sometimes even sick, minds that are at work here... ... good... that will speed up the process of becoming one yourself.... :P

tell me, how do you search for sets in Europe? I mean, you don't just enter a toy shop and find rare sets these days. where do you look for them?

Oddly enough I do. You see, these days those stores are harder and harder to find. But if you go to smaller towns or large ones with not so visited areas then you can find those stores. For example when in Slovakia I found one store down a minor little alley that had extremely old sets and had a collection of all the catalogs and magazines ever produced. I was amazed. It might be hard to find but do a little walking, asking, and searching and you can find those places.

Hello. New member here. Name is Alienwar9. Lego fanatic. I have been looking at eurobricks for a long time now and have decided to join. I am from Chicago, Illinois in USA, a proud owner of 800 sets and devoted to collecting. Any questions or comments? Please post

Chicago ehh... I have an uncle there :-D . It is a nice town (with a fairly decent though understocked lego store...)

Welcome from a newbie...

God Bless,

Nathan (a few sets short of 800... quite a few sets short of 800 :-D )

I love pirates! I have 4 of the boats. Although 2 are multiples. Yes I also love space. My name though is derived from Alienware computers. The 9 is just a number I had to add on for other places.

4 boats? How nice! Would you consider listing your collection in the

Which Pirate Lego sets do you have thread some time? Which reminds me I need to do a massive update of my own list.

I believe that 1989-1993 was the best year for lego so I had to hunt down those sets.

Forgot to note this good call in my last post... Couldn't agree with you more though I may make room for a few 94 sets...

Thanks and God Bless,

Nathan

Um. Yea I'll look into the pirate set listing thing. As for the years comment I might be a little off with sets. But still those were the best years. Every year had good sets. It's just that those years had the most good sets.

Ahhhhhh... I see you've already added to the list. May the listing have bought back many happy memories for you.

Hi alienwar9, welcome to eurobricks. Were glad that you decided to join us in this crazy forum ;) :)

Sorry for the late welcome, I seemed to have missed this thread *wacko*

But anyway, Welcome to Eurobricks and I hope you enjoy it here! :)

Jon.

He's got Pirate LEGO. And he's got some good sets too.

And apart from that, you've missed nothing in this thread...