commanderneyo

Star Wars: The Clone Wars The Lost Missions

Since we now have the official announcement of where these episodes will be airing, I think it's a good time to create its own topic for the episodes being branded "The Lost Missions".

Coming to Netflix on March 7th for US & Canada members:

http://starwars.com/...on-march-7.html

And a new preview clip featuring Yoda and Qui-Gon Jinn communicating:

http://www.usatoday....etflix/5446097/

Picture of Captain Rex in the episodes:

http://starwars.com/...flix-mdtout.jpg

Feel free to use this topic to discuss anything related to The Lost Missions episodes. :classic:

Edited by commanderneyo

Yes, yes, yes, and YES! I know Clone Wars has gotten a lot of backlash for being sub-par, but I for one really enjoyed the majority of the episodes. Yes, there were some real duds, but I wouldn't throw the whole series out just because of those. Can't wait to see these last few episodes!

Well this just saved me a ton of money. I was going to buy the series blu ray, but now it seems I can spend that money on more Lego :grin:

I wonder when it's out in England?

It looks good though, I hope the episodes can be set before the final four episodes of series 5 as I loved that as a bookmarked ending of the whole show.

YESSSSSSSS!!!! I would say "It's about time, Lucasfilm", but I'm just too excited to speak any ill. Bring on March 7th!

In Germany, the first arc is available at http://www.superrtln...yer=1&season=6.

I don't know if the stream can be accessed from outside of Germany, though.

It's clearly one of the best arcs that TCW has to offer.

The arc deals with the implementation of Order 66. Although it's clear from EP III that the Sith are able to hide the program from the Jedi, one wonders if Fives will uncover the conspiracy.

Concluding from the minifigs, the recent TCW sets are based on season 6. Thus, I don't believe we'll see an further TCW sets.

Edited by Brickadeer

I don't know if the stream can be accessed from outside of Germany, though.

It is not.

Well I assume that is what the German text all over the page that comes up is saying to me when I try to watch...

Someone has uploaded episodes 1-4 of this stream as a torrent, in German but with no subtitles yet. Hopefully soon. Especially if these never make it to disc.

Edited by Artanis I

Awesome trailer! All four story arcs look like they're going to be amazing. I'm really looking forward to the Yoda one the most.

Oh sodding hell, that just couldn't look more awesome. Opo Rancis, Syfo Deis, Degoba, Sidious vs Yoda, Talzin, Order 66, Fives, Sith homeworld, Qui-Gon, really Imperial looking clones Kuat Drive Yards. Mind Blown!!!

Oh sodding hell, that just couldn't look more awesome. Opo Rancis, Syfo Deis, Degoba, Sidious vs Yoda, Talzin, Order 66, Fives, Sith homeworld, Qui-Gon, really Imperial looking clones Kuat Drive Yards. Mind Blown!!!

I've seen the first two arcs by now, and I think you'll like them. They both have a pretty dark undertone, and I'm looking forward to discussing the episodes here. While I know that the show couldn't last forever, "The Lost Missions" make me want to have it lasted a bit longer.

I've seen the first two arcs by now, and I think you'll like them. They both have a pretty dark undertone, and I'm looking forward to discussing the episodes here. While I know that the show couldn't last forever, "The Lost Missions" make me want to have it lasted a bit longer.

Which two arcs are they, and how many episodes is that?

"The Lost Missions" consists of 13 episodes:

1-4: The Fives-/Order 66 Arc

5-7: The Clovis Arc

8-9: a conspiracy; featuring Jar Jar and Mace Windu; probably involves Mother Talzin

10: Syfo-Dyas

11-13: Yoda and the Sith stuff

It'll be interesting to see how they play the whole Yoda on Dagobah/Korriban (It's Korriban dammit) scenerio seeing as he fights sideous and sees order 66.

If it's not a dream or whatever then it will raise a lot of question about role in Episode III.

It'll be interesting to see how they play the whole Yoda on Dagobah/Korriban (It's Korriban dammit) scenerio seeing as he fights sideous and sees order 66.

If it's not a dream or whatever then it will raise a lot of question about role in Episode III.

It's not a dream, it's a vision Yoda has on Dagobah.

Episode 8 and 9 are pretty lame, and the concept of the force, at least to me, gets further confused.

Episode 10 and 11, on the other hand, are pretty good :classic:

13 episodes? Nice! I thought with some luck we would get 3 episodes, but 13? Now the only thing is to wait for those episodes to pop up somewhere on the internet!

I'm in the process of watching them all. I only have to watch the last three episodes of the Fives arc, and the middle two of the Yoda arc, and I'm finished.

Mark Hamill voices a long-dead situ lord in the last episode, "Sacrifice". Without spoiling anything, Yoda sees MANY things in his visions, including Anakin's beheading of Dooku, what might happen to Rex(I don't consider it a spoiler because half the things in the vision were made-up, and most of it was foreshadowing.), and a dark future involving Ahsoka.

The Bardotta arc was creepy, and it even hinted that Jar Jar and Queen Julia spent the night together.(In a kid's show!!!) Fun episodes, but very Temple of Doom-esque and also hard to take seriously.

The Clovis arc was the best political arc in the series by far, because it had to do with control of the banks. Anakin hates Clovis, and Clovis dismisses him as that "pilot" who left him. They eventually come to blows in one of the funniest scenes in the series.

I definitely recommend all 13 episodes. It's worth getting Netflix for a month.

Well I've only watched the first arc but honestly, as with basically all of this series, I'm pretty darned underwhelmed.

I often bring up examples of great shows like Breaking Bad. Then get told not all shows can be great. Why not Star Wars? It's got 3 great movies. Why not invest in an actual, good, non-kiddified Star Wars series?

Honestly I expect nothing of any higher quality in Star Wars Rebels. Especially since a lot of the same people are involved. I hate that guy in a cowboy hat :P.

I finished watching The Lost Missions, and I still feel there were many gaps still needing to be bridged. While the episodes were relatively interesting, the Clones in the Clone Wars still felt rather lacking. I was really hoping that it would end in a way similar, or parallel even, to the micro series, with the Chancellor getting captured and Anakin and Obi Wan having to go save him.

I'd also like to know why Yoda didnt speak of anything he saw in his vision. Maybe he realized that it was part of the bigger plan and necessary for the survival of the order in the long run, but still didn't make a ton of sense to me.

Im rewatching the Order 66 arc, since the first time I watched it it was in German with subtitles. Hopefully it'll make more sense to me now :tongue:

Still sad to see the series end, since they had so much more ground they could have covered. Maybe Rebels will at least show the fates of some of the major characters not shown in Sith

-'Skintas

I'm watching the episodes right now. I'm in the middle of the Clovis arc. I agree with you Skintas, I think they will bring some of the characters back in Rebels. It'd be pretty easy to for most of them.

So I just binge watched the 13 episodes, and I must say I'm very happy with them. While many things were left unfinished (I think most importantly the fates of Ahsoka and Ventress), I truly believe that this season will change how fans watch the films.

Here are my thoughts on the story arcs within the season:

Order 66 Arc: Very interesting. The story was extremely captivating, and by the end of it you really begin to feel sorry for the clones and how this order is engineered into them without a choice. Also, seeing the clone bar was really funny.

Clovis Arc: Kinda boring, but still interesting in that it shows how in control of the war Palpatine really is. He's basically playing a huge game of chess, except its on a galactic scale.

Jar Jar/Windu Arc: What the heck? I would've never put the two of them together, but it kinda worked. Still, these felt like serious filler episodes. They didn't really add much to a bigger story, and just kinda happened. Although, seeing a short return of Talzin was very exciting.

The Yoda Arc: Wow. I'm speechless. Amazing. These episodes are without a doubt the most significant in the series. They shed light on so many important subjects, and help bridge the gap between the PT and the OT like nothing else before it. Truly, it has changed the way that I see the events of the ROTS and the OT. I believe these four episodes are one of the biggest things to happen in the Star Wars universe for a while.