Hello!

Here's the official trailer!

The animation I think has less of a flow than the ones for the video games or other shorts like the Padawan Menace, and the Empire Strikes Out, hopefully it'll get better.

However, alot of people seem to like the stop motion part of it. I hope it will grow on me :tongue:

International trailer:

Official movie poster (from GRogall)

lego_movie_poster_400.jpg

Tell me what you think! :sweet:

Edited by Ceroknight

This looks awesome! It's a very funny trailer, and I love the concept so far (From what I can make out--it's a teaser after all!); and the voice cast is amazing, they have some big listers in there--and Morgan Freeman! Now the voice of Movie God and Lego God! :grin:

On a related note, I think we could expect sets based on the film next year too!

Edited by Captain Nemo

I think they animated it to look like stop-motion brickfilms, so that's why it looks a little choppy, but they may smooth over it a little more. I can see a lot of jokes only LEGO fans will get, like the Classic Space figure.

I think I spotted a Panda... possible future CMF? Also, lots of potential new pieces! This movie looks so exciting!

-Sci

Absolutely loving the visual style, it looks just like stop-motion animation! Lego really has outdone themselves with this, I can't wait to see more.

I heartily agree with KingofZempk, it's animated to look more 'realistic.' Obviously in action shots the LEGO figures are still bending out of a proportion a little, but it's animated to look a lot closer to real-life LEGO than the video games. Personally, I think that looks absolutely awesome! The previous shorts and things are nice for what they are, but the animation style in this movie looks much more unique and interesting. I believe the point of the film is to be about actual LEGO toys in the real world, so the animation style here is perfect for that.

I didn't know what to expect from this movie, but this trailer anyway shows itself to be paying plenty of fan service while still just being funny overall. I can't wait to see where this goes now.

The look. Gods, the look is perfect! I LOVE the subtle touches like dust collecting around the waist joint of the classic spaceman. "Henry Selick kidnapped by Michael Bay and forced to make a stop-motion Lego movie in CGI" is an apt description! I'm a big fan of all of their previous work (from Clone High to 21 Jump St), but If Phil Lord and Chris Miller can pull this off they'd be the kings of turning questionable projects into fried gold.

EDIT: Lego Lincoln!!

Edited by riversarl

Complete with cracked helmet!

Exactly! It looks they're paying quite a lot of attention to detail, etc. Even the little "Emmett" name tag on his pants, and for some reason, that sounds exactly how a LEGO shark would sound to me when thrown in a senate-like forum onto ABS tile....

Haha! Batman's line is classic! :laugh: This actually looks pretty good! I agree with others here that the stop motion style CG animation is brilliant and very unique! Of course some of the jokes are a little childish, but most of them are pretty funny, like that Michelangelo bit. I've had my doubts, but I'm looking forward to this now!

Took me three watches to catch that Morgan Freeman's "amateur-custom God"'s crystal staff is, in fact, a mostly eaten sucker. :sweet: Very playful aura to the whole thing, with the random assortment of figures (I need to find my shaq fig so bad) and aforementioned worn down blue spaceman, just like what you'd pull out of the everykid's unsorted box of Lego. Loving it. And I'm waiting for that molded hood.

Go ice cream ninja smoke!

"God" also bears a huge resemblance to the Minifigures hippie, tie-dye and all :grin:

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

This is going to be the best movie ever! I wonder how many licensed lines will get worked in--I mean, Ninja Turtles and DC heroes in the same film? (I have to imagine that Marvel, Star Wars, and Disney stuff will NOT be in the movie since Warner Bros is producing it.)

I'm also wondering what the tie-in toys will be. I mean, people will be demanding movie-based sets and minifigs after this.

The movie looks promising. I love the little references here and there. It's by the director of Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs, too. :wub:

In case you haven't seen it yet:

Guessing this will determine a lot of the new sets we see next year. Interesting that all the themes are mixing together. Does this mean we'll see revivals or remixes of a bunch of old themes?

This movie looks pretty good. The trailer had me smiling the whole way through seeing all those themes (lol 1980-something space guy).

Love the take on me music too :classic:

I hope this movie has a lot of adult targeted media as well, which seems evident by the 80's space dude with the busted head gear. Only adults will know why this is funny hahaha. Looking forward to this, it looks partly stop motion too.

Now it's interesting to see a TMNT in the film.......must be another Who Framed Rodger Rabbit deal again ? :laugh:

But it looks cool and I can't wait to next year......the question begs will we get sets to tie into the movie eh ? :wink:

This is amazing, the subtle touches put into it are phenomenal! As said, the animation design is very classic, almost reminds me of the Lego Island stuff!

Edited by The Legonater

Am I going to be the only adult there opening night?

This movie looks fantastic. I loved Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (1), and if this movie is going to be anything like it in quality, I may as well faint.

I'm much more interested than I thought I'd be. I'm used to Lego's normal movies which are made for small children and have little to nothing for the rest of us.

I watched the trailer multiple times, though mostly for it's interesting art direction of mimicking stop motion with CGI and the fact that they really threw in those imperfections of the plastic and stuff. Also I liked how for once everything seemed to be made of Lego instead of just some stuff like the previous movies and games.

I might even go see this :P.

This looks amazing! And it has such a great cast! It would be really cool to get sets based on this!

Also, the stop motion look of it is fantastic. It feels like real LEGO come to life. Love it!