Alfadas

Is TLG allowed to use licensed parts in other themes?

Just as the title says, is TLG allowed to use parts specifically made for a Licensed theme, for a different, non-licensed theme? For instance, the Elven hair or the Dwarf beards, or the Wargs from The Hobbit used in a historic theme? I want to know, because if Lego is ever going to make another medieval theme, they could use a lot of parts from LotR or The Hobbit for it.

I don't know if this question has been asked before, couldn't find it anyway. If a thread like this already exists, please excuse me.

I believe the hair and beards have been used before on other themes. I don't see Lego making an exclusive mold ONLY for the theme and nothing more. Example would be the Star Wars light saber piece. Used multiple times across the boarder

It depends greatly on the specifics of the individual pieces in question. Something as unique as say Darth Vader's helmet would never show up in a non-Star Wars set. But comparatively 'generic' pieces like (certain) Hobbit hair(s), can and have shown up in other Licensed and non-Licensed sets.

Presumably, if Lego makes another Castle theme (a non NexoKnight one) in the future, they would have free reign to use a number of LotR/Hobbit pieces that are generic in nature (certain hair pieces, weapons, etc.). But--not pieces that are seen as License specific, such as Uruk Hai helmets/shields/weapons, Rohan helmets, wargs, eagles, etc.

That seems to answer this question--so I'm locking this thread. :thumbup: