Sign in to follow this  
Brickrik

Harry Potter Lego - Huge Modular Hogwarts.

This is my attempt at an accurate, detailed, modular, Lego Hogwarts. I’ve based the build around the original Lego Hogwarts (4709) In my opinion the one that captures the vast, openness, magical experience that is Hogwarts.

I knew from the start that the build was going to be big so I decided on three modules that can be played with separately or put together to create a huge Hogwarts. Pushed by my son and daughter it’s built so that all the rooms are accessible through traditional means – staircases, doors, passageways, corridors and secret passages.

Here are the Rooms/areas of the castle I included.

1. The Herbology Lab

2.The Entrance Hall

3. The toilet.

4. The Chamber of Secrets

5. The Defence Against the Dark Arts Classroom

6. The Hospital Wing

7. Dumbledore’s Office

8. The Ravenclaw Common Room

9. The Divination Classroom

10. The Hufflepuff Common Room

11. The Kitchens

12. The Great Hall

13. The Library

14. The Gryffindor Common Room

15. The Owlry

16. Snape’s Class

17. The Slytherin Common Room

18. The Charms Classroom

19. The Transfiguration Classroom

20. The Room of Requirement

21. The Stairwell

22. The Astronomy Tower

23. The One eyed Witch’s secret passage

24. The Room of Requirement (2)

As for the mini figures I did my best to get the ones I could. However some are just far too expensive or you just can’t get them so I made them as best as I could.

All in all in took 6 weeks building everyday to make. Hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it.

So if you have time please check it out here.

Feedback is most welcome.

Rick

Edited by Brickrik

Nice! Can you please also post photos, not just photos on video. You can embed youtube with just remove "s" from "https".

I'm not into HP, but that's still a very impressive MOC! :thumbup: The outside view is pretty cool in its own right, but it's the detailing of what I assume are important locations in the books and films that make this MOC extra special.

If I may make a couple of suggestions: in the video, you should have a panning close-up of the interior so the viewer can understand where each room is relative to the others. You can see that in one of the pictures above, but in the video the rear view is too small/too far away. My other suggestion - and this is a preference with which many FOLs would disagree - is to have all the human minifigs be yellow-skinned. If it's not possible to accurately represent some characters without using fleshies, then I suppose they have to be flesh-toned. Either way is OK, but having both fleshies and yellowies in the same MOC is jarring; they should all be one or the other.

Edited by AmperZand

Nice suggestion on the panning, it really is hard to tell what room is where on the video. Sorry you didn't dig the yellow skins and fleshies together. I really thought it gave a sense of the many types of people that went to Hogwarts, but maybe it's just confused the viewer. I'll need to think on that one, but thanks for the feedback....I'll use it.

Nice job on the secret passageway. I liked what you did with the stairs and paintings. Very good job indeed. :thumbup:

This is a huge MOC! Very well done! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Just curious, how many bricklink orders did it take?

Oh, and a mod might ask you to shrink the pics, they're a bit big :sceptic:

This is a huge MOC! Very well done! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Just curious, how many bricklink orders did it take?

Oh, and a mod might ask you to shrink the pics, they're a bit big :sceptic:

It took about 13 bricklink orders and a few bulk buys on Ebay.