cusaeng

TTCE: Trans Rail Carrier

ENTERED

Boys and girls I present to you my first public train moc and my entery in to category 1.

The Trans Rail Carrier.

trans_rail.jpg

At first I wasn't going to submit an entry in to the contest due to my limited brick selection.

Then my girlfriend decided she was going to buy me 10138 and after playing about with a few ideas and looking for inspiration I decided upon the Trans Rail Carrier.

My idea for this theme is base around the 6375 Trans Air Carrier from from1990 and all the cars are branded with the Trans Air cargo logo.

6375 was not the first lego set I ever received for Christmas or birthdays but for some reason it is the first one that I can remember getting and always makes me smile when I see it.

The one thing that used to bug me was that I never really had an extensive lego cargo network to connect the fright to the aircraft and my lego city.

My how times have changed :wink: .

My inspiration for the locomotive its self is the Southern Pacific Railroad EMD GP-9E

5942.1243822675.jpg

and if any one is interested you can find more images on railpictures.net

The train consists of five parts and I will show one photo in this post and then a link to my brick shelf folder for any one who is interested in seeing all the little details, I dont want to make this post to pic heavy.

The locomotive

The locomotive itself is built to minifig scale and can you can fit the two train engineers in to the cab. the locomotive is shown in the photos with out any motor however any of the standard bogy's can be changed to a 9v motor,

005_845x634.jpg

the passenger (or staff) car

017_845x634.jpg

and the inside ( it has a bathroom with reading material, toilet paper and a sink )

023_845x634.jpg

the flat bed wagon with the Trans Air Carrier aircraft

031_845x634.jpg

the box car and cargo ( you should see the cargo this thing has inside, I'm not surprised they have an armed guard)

037_845x634.jpg

the bay window caboose

041_845x634.jpg

and inside ( there is a stove a work station, table and chairs and two bunks ... cozy! )

046_845x634.jpg

the train on the rails

003_845x634.jpg

I hope you enjoy it as much as I have enjoyed the challange.

brick shelf link when moderated

Edited by cusaeng

I always enjoy seeing trains that serve multiple purposes. Passenger and cargo with an airplane - very creative and unique. I esp. like the engine. :thumbup:

Your engine is very impressive. The way you've incorporated the red color into the black engine is fantastic!

This is a great entry! I can only agree with what has been said before. Great colors and really innovative ideas. Got the whole corporate identity thing going. I like all the different items that are in the mail boxes too. :thumbup:

Edited by missouri_bb63

Thanks for the posative feedback guys!.

like I said I have never been a big moc poster due to my lack of brick selection (just coming out of my dark ages ... missy its your fault :oh: ) I just hope that the fact that most of this was made from two 6375's and one 10138 will inspire other eurobricks vassal's to create other inspiering train moc's with limited bricks.

I am proud of the locomotive it took a while to get to how it is an I am not 100% happy with it.

Once I have finalised a version I am happy with tho I will post instructions if any one is interested.

What do people think of the other cars?

Dave