plokoon 4 life!

Spanish treasure Galleon Corredor del tesoro

Hi all. i was looking through some of the older ship MOCs and i came across CGH and Bonerpartes Spanish imperial galleon Nuestra Señora de la Concepción. great moc btw :pir-classic: so i decided to design my own Spanish galleon. halfway through the design and planning i thought about how all of my previous mocs have been warships, so i started planning again and well hear i am! i am going to be making this on LDD and then transferring to MLCAD for the figures.

Details:

150 studs long

30-35 studs wide

14 guns (remember, this is a treasure galleon)

25 studs tall

crew (ill get to that later)

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated :bonaparte:

Read this first

This is quite a big project you're after! This galleon seems to become a monster once it's completed!

The plan looks fine to me, but you should start with the actual build first before I can give some feedback on the process. :pir-classic:

Good luck!

okay, first update.

lddscreenshot24.png

lddscreenshot25.png

lddscreenshot26.png

lddscreenshot27.png

lddscreenshot28.png

as you can see I did the bow differently and I am quite pleased with the result :pir_laugh2:

more updates to follow

Edited by plokoon 4 life!

I Agree whit Perfectionist totally, the hull seems a bitt odd but i hope you can figure it out somehow. Good luck for this

PS: Are you useing LDD LU mode?

Captain Becker

EDIT: I saw the pics so i made the comment on my earlier post

Edited by Captain Becker

yeah, the hull did look a bit odd but once i built the sides up it didn't look so bad. and anyway, you cant see the bottom and your focusing on the supplies and the treasure room :pirate:. after viewing the amount of treasure on board, you can understand the reason pirates attacked these ships :jollyroger: and yes, i am using universe mode.

it is slightly difficult for me to decipher exactly what is going on here, but it looks nice.. should be really nice when it is done :pir-classic:

Judging from the first pictures is always somewhat difficult, but I do see some issues already:

->You are making the common mistake to make the hull overproportionally high in relation to its width...

->the curving doesn't seem harmonic as it is now.

The keel looks really nice though... and the size rules :pirate_skel1:

thanks perfectionist but if you look from the front it looks rather nice.

and what do you mean, the height isn't in proportion with the width?????

i have been trying to find a decent picture of what it will look like when finished. Also, a lot of WIPs and MOCs that are minifig scale never actually get finished and i am wondering wether that will happen to me? :pir-sceptic:

second update:

lddscreenshot30.png

you can see the treasure room and the supplies ( they are also transporting sugar)

lddscreenshot31.png

lddscreenshot32.png

you can see the curvature in the bow

lddscreenshot33.png

the stern

lddscreenshot34.png

and last, but not least, the treasure room! :jollyroger:

comment welcome and more updates to follow

I really like that you don't use original lego boat elements, I prefer the 'hand builded' ones.

It looks really huge and amazing, but I've the impression it is very instabil, maybe you should use some cross-bracing.

I would think inventing a snot technic on the backside of the 1x2x3 inverted slopes would be a very good way to become it stabil without changing the design.

Edited by Kerntechniker

Ok, the finished hull first ok? Its turned out awesome, im taking back my previous reply, im seriosly waiting more updates. And i think at you need to do your own custom cannons on ths, why? Because those orginal cannons would look too small at me in such a big ship, but i dont say yes or no on that right now. Only thing wich i can say a tyou have to finish this.. Because my eyes wants more of this :pir-wub:

Captain Becker

I really really like this!! :pir-sweet:

I used to think LDD was a bit meh, not for real builders, but I am changing my mind now. Hope this continues to be as good as it started, i.e. excellent!!

Well done on this so far mate, it is coming along simply beautifully! The detail is very nice, and I really like the varying cargo. Well done, and keep it up :pir_laugh2:

again thank you for all of the comments everyone!

Ive done more work on the captains cabin and the outhouses.

lddscreenshot35.png

a shot of the captains table

lddscreenshot36.png

one of the outhouses(toilets)

lddscreenshot37.png

the stern, i will update it when the overall build is done

lddscreenshot41.png

the view of the "throne" :pir_laugh2:

lddscreenshot42.png

the bottom. you can see the hole for the toilet :pir-tongue:

anyway, thats all for now and remember, keep the comments and criticisims coming :pir_laugh2:

It looks good so far. The shape is typically that of a galleon.

But on the treasure galleons I believe they didn't have the black&white blocked pattern in the cabin.

That wasn't used until the second half of the 18th century.

But the rest of this ship is looking good, though I would reduce the number of windows.

Good luck!

I'm not trying to be MEGA accurate, but on LDD you cant do proper decks because the bricks fit perfectly together, so i decided to use tiles :pir-classic: and also if you look at the stern of a Spanish galleon you can see that the windows keep on going up, unlike in mid-1800s ships where there is only one row of windows to a deck

Looking good, May we get a LFX file at we can take a closer look? Its looking nice and starting to take the shape, but is that gonna be totally tan colored?

Captain Becker

yes it is tan colored apart from at the top where it is red. the reason for this is that they just needed it to transport goods, not into battle so they didn't need distinguished markings or colors :pirate:

and also, here is the file :pir_laugh2:LXF file

Thanks, im only wondering one thing, whats that gey thing over there? Is it an oven or something???

Captain Becker

That is ome good progress you've made here. I somehow like the first level of the stern with the balcony.

One more issue: The colourscheme looks really boring; you have all existing colours available in LDD; try to switch to reddish brown for (at least some parts of) the hull...

You might also want to use the Universe Mod for more colours and elements. Ordering them from Lego is too expensive anyway.

The colour would be better if the brown were a bit darker if that is possible at the least, but in general your LDD ship looks quite good IMHO.

Did you share this with Superkalle in the LDD forum as well?

The colour would be better if the brown were a bit darker if that is possible at the least, but in general your LDD ship looks quite good IMHO.

Did you share this with Superkalle in the LDD forum as well?

Who is superkalle? and i didnt know that there was an LDD forum, might have to check it out :pir-tongue:

Thanks, im only wondering one thing, whats that gey thing over there? Is it an oven or something???

yes it is an oven :pir_laugh2:

One more issue: The colourscheme looks really boring; you have all existing colours available in LDD; try to switch to reddish brown for (at least some parts of) the hull...

You might also want to use the Universe Mod for more colours and elements. Ordering them from Lego is too expensive anyway.

ok i will change to a darker brown, and of course, dont you think i am using universe!? how else do you think i have had all the bricks the same colour?