AlexScammer

Batman's Mask Comparison

103 members have voted

1. 1. Which mask do you prefer?

• The old one
    • The new one
    • Both equally
    • Neither

I just came back from ToysRUs, because my friend directed there, saying they have 30160 already, and I came there. And there they were! I only had a chance to buy a couple of those, and just comparing the old and a new mask.

As you can see, the new mask is on the right. It's recognized by its ears and unaligned eye-holes :blush:

6add51ed4eca.jpg

The ears are also much smaller from the side, reminding me of a Batman from TDK.

31617559d354.jpg

These are BOTH new, I just shown them off :hmpf:

4f276c10f2cf.jpg

All my new Batsies :laugh:

eca561ef48d4.jpg

Like the old one better now :sceptic:

I agree. From the side, the new one looks better, but from the front it makes him look kind of pudgy. I guess it could be the lighting though. :sceptic:

Edit: Looking again, I think it's the face. The chin looks higher up on the new one, which I think gives him the pudgy look.

Edited by Superficial Username

I think that the new one looks a bit better. I like the way Batman looks angrier, but the mouth-hole is too high up.

Just realized how bad the 2nd photo looks :hmpf_bad:

Thanks for responding everyone, I do like the new mask better though, it's more Batmanish :laugh:

Stock up on old masks, I believe they'll be out of production soon :sadnew:

That head doesn't even match...the bottom of the eyes aren't white. The mask isn't too bad, but it's not going to be as sought after as it was.

Asked LEGO on their twitter account if there would be a new head to better match the new cowl, but never got an answer.

I posted in another thread, but the older style Batman heads work much better with the new cowl. I suppose the old printing was a bit lower than on the new heads.

As for me, I prefer the new cowl. I think it looks way better than the original one, but I'd really like to see a newly designed head.

Like the old one better now :sceptic:

With the regular head underneath so do I but if lego make a new head print I may think differently. :classic:

I agree. From the side, the new one looks better, but from the front it makes him look kind of pudgy. I guess it could be the lighting though. :sceptic:

Edit: Looking again, I think it's the face. The chin looks higher up on the new one, which I think gives him the pudgy look.

One of the older5 Batman movies' Batman always struck me as pudgy when wearing a mask, so I suppose it might be based off of him?

See: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/df/Keaton_as_Batman.jpg/175px-Keaton_as_Batman.jpg

Edited by Zibdas

I don't mind either, variety is the spice of life I say ! :laugh:

Perhaps we should have a poll for old, new or don't care like them both ? :wink:

Hmmm.... I'm stumped really :sceptic: I like the idea of a smaller mask so cockpits wont have to be so big for the old cowl, but something about the new cowl seems..off.

I was excited when I first heard of the new cowl, and then disappointed since I didn't have any versions of it. But after seeing a side-by-side comparison, I much prefer the older one. I think even if they do design a new head for the new cowl, I still like the older version.

We shall see if any new developments come from this..maybe this summer??

Here's a picture of the new cowl with the old head. It shows a bit of the black line from the "headband" but looks much better than the newer head, in my opinion.

post-27222-133590750016.jpg

I can see at least 16. Mind sending me one?

That was my morning loot (20), I bought 15 more in the evening, and planning to visit every single ToysRUs in South Florida :laugh:

EDIT: New Pic :D

6988043414_99e0f33221_z.jpg

30160 by burnedTart, on Flickr

20 of them are going to China, 10 to Australia, and I still have 5 of them left, limit 1 per customer!!!

Edited by AlexScammer

I'm not 100% sure about the new mask.

It looks great from the side, and not too bad from the front either, but yeah. Overall, I like the new one better

even if just for the way they made the sides, and being a fan of Christopher Nolan's Batman films... Dunno how different the

cowl was in other reincarnations.

I think this new cowl was mainly done in preparation for TDKR sets - or well, hopefully, so I wonder if they're still gonna use the white headband for TDKR sets, since I recall Batman's eyes being visible there. But then they'd have to place the eyes far higher

and I doubt that would look good...

20 of them are going to China, 10 to Australia, and I still have 5 of them left, limit 1 per customer!!!

Uhm.. uhm.. for free? :tongue:

~ General Magma

Edited by General Magma

That was my morning loot (20), I bought 15 more in the evening, and planning to visit every single ToysRUs in South Florida :laugh:

EDIT: New Pic :D

6988043414_99e0f33221_z.jpg

30160 by burnedTart, on Flickr

Did you clean out the TRU at Dadeland in Miami? I was going to check for 1 on Friday but if you already took them all,what's the point?

Did you clean out the TRU at Dadeland in Miami? I was going to check for 1 on Friday but if you already took them all,what's the point?

Exactly. What's the point? Save some for others... :hmpf:

Exactly. What's the point? Save some for others... :hmpf:

Yeah, going to every TRU in South Florida(as you put it) is really a bit much. Of course, if you're giving them away, that may make up for it.

Whether or not Alex should have left some for others isn't the point of this thread. Let's stop this before it begins.

Also, Alex, please stop boasting about the great number of polybags you've bought. It's getting dangerously close to appearing like you're advertising your Bricklink store in this thread.

I am very sorry, I was just saying that I cleared out most of tru in south Florida to have some kinda monopoly on these sets. You know what I mean? I wasn't trying to advertise my store or anything. And no, I am not giving them away. Not yet anyway.