Sign in to follow this  
twenty6twelve

Hey there, everyone

Hi there, Eurobricks.

My story is one you've heard many times in the past - I grew up with Lego, and I can fondly recall pestering my mother for "the smaller Lego sets" by the age of 5, having only been supplied with Duplo until that point. Lo and behold on my sixth birthday I unwrapped a copy of 1821 Rally Racers and from that point on, there was no turning back. I managed to convince my parents into taking me to Legoland California's opening day and they must have been hard-pressed to coerce me to leave when the park closed.

About a decade later in 2007 I slipped into a 'dark ages' period, when school and familial responsibilities took priority and I wrestled with the notion of being in my late teens and 'still playing with toys.' I left my collection behind and moved to the other side of the country. I entertained little thought of the brand until deciding to visit the inaugural Brickworld Indy nearby to reminisce where I encountered not only many of my childhood sets, but some magnificent displays from the users of IndyLUG. Upon seeing a favorite train set being set up on the huge layout, I wound up speaking to the man setting it up - Jeramy Spurgeon, who spoke to me of the world of AFOLs, MOCs and the like. I was fascinated by the concept, but life dictated my time spent elsewhere.

Bumbling around the internet a few months ago I came across the latest entry in the modular building series and fell in love, deciding that it was time to try a new perspective as a young adult and return to the hobby. The last sets I'd ever purchased happened to be Cafe Corner and Market Street, so after a visit to my childhood hometown I picked them up from lifelong friend and Eurobricks user flipz, who introduced me to the site and encouraged me to join. So, here I am.

My primary interests as a child revolved around the town and train sets, the latter being another passion of mine both separate from and including Lego. I now own the complete modular buildings collection (which I've yet to build) and plan to focus on constructing MOC additions once they're put together. The Modular Madness contest has been a joy to watch.

Looking forward to sharing and being a part of the community. default_classic.gif

Edited by sixoh

Hi and welcome to Eurobricks sixoh :sweet:!

Your story is common, but everyone of us has our own feeling about it! Thanks for the long introduction and see you around the forums :thumbup:!

Oh my Denmark--it's YOU! ^_^ Welcome, I hope you enjoy yourself here, I know I have!

(Sixoh and I go WAY back, in case it isn't obvious. :tongue: )

Hey sixoh!

Welcome to Eurboricks, thank you for taking the time to author a well-written introduction.

Have you built any MOCs previously or will this be an all new venture for you... After you construct the modular buildings collection?