A free-build placed in Avalonia, and also part of InnovaLUG's 'Ye Old Merry Battleground' collab, for Brickfair Virginia.

This was a really fun build to make, and I’m quite pleased with how it turned out. I’ll definitely be doing some more Forestmen themed builds in the future. Inspiration for the rockwork goes to Brickvader.

The Forestmen's camp is hidden well in one of the many forests in Avalonia, and provides an excellent base of operations for them. They have scouts placed at various locations a little ways from the camp, and a few outside of the forest to keep an eye on the neighboring Lords and Barons of the land. Most recently, they learned of Sir Ruari Leanin leaving for a tax collecting tour, which they took full advantage of...

Overview-2.jpg

Back-2.jpg

Left2.jpg

Camp.jpg

Teaser.jpg

Tower.jpg

More pictures on Brickbuilt

I would like to claim UoP credit for:

Geography: Forest

Thanks for looking, C&C appreciated :classic:

Edited by LittleJohn

Wow! The feeling you've captured in this build is fantastic :classic:

Of all the nice details, the archery targets are probably my favorite. Great use of those printed round tiles inside the round plates!

Wow, I definitely get a late 1980s, early 1990s Castle vibe from this, which is great! The bright blue roof looks out of place color-wise, except that it fits with the aforementioned vibe perfectly and so I cannot complain. The trees are excellent, and I love the little raised stone area for the main tree, a small bit of terrain. Great tent, too, and archery targets.

Brilliant home for the Forestmen :wub: It's amazing how well you conveyed the forest look, with so few trees! The squirrel and bird are nice touches, and I also like the extra weapons stowed away inside the little look out tower :thumbup:

I really get a Classic castle feel to This, with a twist of newer elements and minifigs!!

The photo looks great!!

Wow! The feeling you've captured in this build is fantastic :classic:

Of all the nice details, the archery targets are probably my favorite. Great use of those printed round tiles inside the round plates!

Thanks Gideon! :blush: Glad you like the printed tiles, I thought they fit well.

Looks great! I really like how you did the tent. UOP + 1 for the credit.

Thank you, BrickCurve :classic:

UoP DoH +1

Thanks gedren!

A lovely nod to classic castle :classic::thumbup:

Thanks, I was really trying to capture the classic feel with this build :classic:

Wow, I definitely get a late 1980s, early 1990s Castle vibe from this, which is great! The bright blue roof looks out of place color-wise, except that it fits with the aforementioned vibe perfectly and so I cannot complain. The trees are excellent, and I love the little raised stone area for the main tree, a small bit of terrain. Great tent, too, and archery targets.

Thanks Henjin! Glad you like how the rockwork turned out :classic:

Brilliant home for the Forestmen :wub: It's amazing how well you conveyed the forest look, with so few trees! The squirrel and bird are nice touches, and I also like the extra weapons stowed away inside the little look out tower :thumbup:

Thanks Isaac! Adding all the animals was a lot of fun :classic:

Cool - how oldskool

Thank you!

I really get a Classic castle feel to This, with a twist of newer elements and minifigs!!

The photo looks great!!

Thanks de Gothia! :sweet:

Awesome scene with a lovely coulorscheme! I especially like the classic "forestmen" feeling combined with soms New techniques

Great job on a great build!

Thank you :classic:

Awesome scene with a lovely coulorscheme! I especially like the classic "forestmen" feeling combined with soms New techniques

Thanks Titus, it was really fun to build :classic:

Pretty swell combo of old and new styles - the swordsman looks quite proud of his little outpost!

Edited by Dubbadgrim