paul

Sleepers...

Hi,I've been busy deciding on my track layout and think I'm quite happy with it for now as I have been restricted by the amount of table space my other half will let me use(currently 4 x 1.2m tables),anyway I am asking for some advice with me being a novice to lego trains and wondered what your thoughts were on sleepers/ballast.I have been scanning brickshelf and bricklink(which is a very dangerous exercise :'-) ) and I like the look of some of the different colour sleepers and ballast.The problem is I cant decide which colour,black or brown sleepers and whether or not to use flat tile(which seem to be very expensive) or standard studded plates? any way if any of you have tried any of these and have any advice/pictures i would be very grateful as it could turn out to be a very expensive mistake :-( .....

cheers.

Edit B.: Added a topic description.

Edited by bonaparte

I think that more dark grey willbe better, with light grey, black and brown touch as well. And maybe some round studded bricks will look better than square one... But I have no pics to show you what I think... :-/

Just remember that wooden sleepers are more often than not heavily treated, often with creosote, and look black (when new) and almost never brown. Black is cheaper than brown anyway. :)

--Tony

Cheers for the pics/link I'll have a play about with a few ideas and see what I like best.