Sign in to follow this  
highlandcattle

Some rolling stock

indexed.gif

Today I spend the whole day playing with my LEGO. Yay!

I made three different types of train wagons, these are the first that I want to show to the world!

10183small.jpg

This one is based upon the model from the 10183 UTB. The main difference is that I made it one stud higher so that I can fit minifigs inside! I placed the lego logo in the middle because I think it ooks good. Other changes are purely because the bricks are already in another model.

overview.jpg

The next one I made is an gasoline tanker from the brand Octan. The chrome pieces are the only reason to ever buy a 4+ jack stone set :). They come from set n� 4654 and are only included in this set. I found this one in a local shop, half priced :'-) . I've been looking for this set ever since I saw scaneli's tanker who used these parts.

And last but not least is my boxcar, I'm very proud of this one, it is the first time I've been able to use SNOT in a non sucky way. It is based on a picture I once saw on BS, but can't really remember which member it was or find the photo again.

Click here for more pictures

Excellent! I like them all tree, especially the tanker and the boxcar. Nice way of making wagons. It would be awesome if you could make the first one twice, so you have a whole train that's fits on every layout. Very nice!

8-

Folder not yet public :-( I'll check it out later on.

Great wagons especially the red "LEGO-one" with the inclining doors, very clever and less bulky than the regular traindoors.

I have seen those big chrome pieces in that horrible set, but never thought they could be put to such a clever use in that beautiful tankerwagon of yours, I'll consider buying some off bricklink (if reasonably priced).

I just love the timbered boxcar, that must have been some really tricky building process.

Why is your 9 volt train running on 12 volt rails with 9 volt wheels? I know I mixed it up the other way round in my layout, letting my 4,5 v run on 9 v tracks, but still...

Nice designs HC, especially the passenger wagon. I'm jealous that you found that tanker set at half price. I've always wanted to find one so I could make a train wagon out of it too.

Those are some very nice train cars. Right now the folder isn't public, so I wonder if you've covered up the ugly yellow base-color for the chrome tanker? At first I thought you meant you've used one of Asbury's MOCs for inspiration for your tank-car; he's built a pair of very nice tanker trucks.

I also like the color scheme on the passenger wagon; there's a completeness to it. It doesn't really matter if it has a dedicated locomotive and matching sister cars or not, it's the kind that one would maybe expect to see on a mixed train - like a circus train for instance.

I love the chrome tanker, the chrome just gives it that edge, to almost make it look like a normal model train!" The box car looks great as well! I wish I had more train pieces to make MOC's :'-(

:-)

Very nice creations HC! *y*

I thought the same like simonwillems: Buying the chrome parts off BL, because this IS an inspiring use. *wub*

Did you only use one of the 4654 or did you have to take more?

Maybe I can catch some from ebay. ;-)

Rolling stock ON!

Thank you all for the nice comments:

@simon: I only use 12v, but I love the look of 9v wheels, they work perfectly on 12v track. (if you look closely the BNSF has a 12v motor)

@holodoc:yes, you only need one 4654 it includes all six chrome pieces and also the three steeringwheels on top. The rest of the set is pretty useless :(. I paid 12.49 for this set (original price was 24,99) although lugnet says it is only $15. :-| .

@freddie: No I have not covered up the yellow sides and I don't mind either. I think it should be possible with rounded bricks.

Dudes, don't forget that the red car is actually by James Mathis, I just modified it ;)

A very nice and clever train trinity indeed! :'-)

Smart doors and roof, beautiful chrome and decent SNOT on! *y*