Sign in to follow this  
Kalhiki

New Year's Resolutions

Yeah, okay, it's February. I'm a little late.

But I wanted to know if anyone made any resolutions for the new year. It can be anything. And since we're a bit into 2016 already, how's it going for you? Sticking to it or have your plans already crumbled?

For me, I decided to trim back on my spending. I collect primarily Lego and Transformers and sometimes I feel like I'm spending for the sole purpose of "because it looks cool." Not a bad thing, honestly, but I've realized that I'll quickly be running out of space, and I could save a lot by getting things I only really want.

So I decided to streamline my collection. Focus on certain things. Basically set goals of what I want. For instance, Nexo Knights: I want the full team of Knights, so I want to figure out what would be the best sets to get to accomplish that. Transformers: I just want characters I care about.

As for how it's going... Pretty well, I think? I must say, by now I would have gotten all the Bionicle sets for this first wave of 2016, but I've been seriously thinking about if I really need them all.

So you? What goals did you set, and how's it going?

I was going to buy some Nexo Knights sets this year.... but for some reason I'm less excited about that theme now, so I will pass on that theme

I'm not fully interested in a particular theme right now (except the CMF's)

So, I've decided that 2016 will be a year to complete collections.

My "to buy" list has some Adventurers Orient subtheme, Pharaoh's Quest, Fantasy Era and Monster Fighters sets