djm

LDraw PF medium motor - crashes LDView?

I'm in the process of creating the build instructions for Akiyuki's Cup-to-Cup GBC module (refer to this forum post). I appear to have encountered an issue with the LDraw PF Medium motor, which is causing LDView to crash. I'm wondering whether someone would be willing to take a couple of minutes to run the following simple test to see whether they see the same behaviour and post their outcome of the test. Obviously the real build instructions are more complex than just a medium motor! I have simply distilled the build instructions down to the point to identify the part that appears to be causing the issue. My machine is running Vista (Business), SP2 Build 6002.

1) Use MLCAD to create an ldr file that contains only a PK medium motor (part # 58120).

2) Open the ldr file from step 1 in LDView. A screenshot of mine is show below:

motor_58120.jpg

3) Exit from LDView. It is at this point that I am seeing LDView crash:

ldview_crash.jpg

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Regards,

David

Placing just a 58120.dat in a ldr seems to work just fine for me in LDView 4.1 and 4.2 beta 1, I didn't place it with mlcad though but that shouldn't matter.

Are you sure the test file only has a "1 71 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 58120.dat" line in it and not additional invisible metas etc?

I believe that there are no additional metas etc. This is the complete content of the ldr file:

0 Untitled
0 Name: motor_58120.ldr
0 Author: David Manley
0 Unofficial Model
0 ROTATION CENTER 0 0 0 1 "Custom"
0 ROTATION CONFIG 0 0
1 71 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 58120.dat

It just started crashing when closing LDView 4.1 for me too (after reapplying default settings I think), but it still doesn't crash in 4.2 beta 1 so it's probably a known/fixed bug.

Thank you Roland. I was using 4.1. After installing 4.2 beta 1, the issue has been resolved.

Regards,

David