Sign in to follow this  
Matteo1130

May I have some help? :(

Thanks all for reading...

i'm trying to build a ship, napoleonic era, minifig illusion scale.

'til now 've made this version of the hull:

sdc10712.th.jpg

sdc10711r.th.jpg

sdc10713g.th.jpg

it's 7 mid sections long and 22 studs wide in the largest section. it looks fine to me and i'm planning to start building decks...but i don't know how!!!

is there any plan of the internals for a 2 gundecks french ship (around 44-46 guns on the main decks)? something like where to put the stairs, rooms etc..

thanks a lot!

Matteo

If this is your first ship, i would recommend to make a small one but if not, you can always follow Captain Blue Hair`s tutorial Build a Frigate.

But i cant help at this, i havent done any ships so i dont know how to help :pirate_sad2: Im sorry, but this is looking goos at the moment. Keep it up mate and share more updates whit us :thumbup:

Captain Becker

i've got even a 5 small mid section project :)

i would like to try a different technique than the tutorial, for making a completely playable ship. all that i need is a draw of internals..

Yeah, Mvelic would be a person to ask. He is fairly new to classic-pirates (as am i), but his ship building is clearly superb enough to mke him look like an old veteran here... As far as i have seen from his ships, they seem very simple design wise, but look so complex it is rediculous...

Edited by Nosaj

I personally find Stephen Biesty's Man-Of-War cross-sections book to be an invaluable resource for ship building; it may be based off the HMS Victory, but it can probably be applied to French vessels without much innaccuracy. (Mine is actually part of Biesty's Ultimate Cross-Sections Book, but essentially is the same).

And, of course, if you haven't already found them, the Ship MOC index (or the sorted-by-type version) and the rest are worth a look through for ideas.

Picking one out, Infomaniac's Coconut is a good example of a playable yet good looking ship.

Hi Matteo!

You have good starting ground.

I'm very honoured that other members pointed me as a person to ask. :pir-blush: Anyway I'm also new on this forum. Feel free to explore my creations and if you find some parts of my ships interesting and would like to see more photos from different angles feel free to ask and I'll send them to you.

As I can see on these photos now is the time to create some foundations for sleeping room (I usually put them in the back section). You can also leave holes for lower guns and build ship's sides. Check out sides of my ships. Personally I think that on my pirate ship sides are more realistic than on Imperial one (because of slopes and inverted slopes so you can try with that).

Front section depends on what bricks you have at your disposal. You can do it with corner bricks or even with corner wall panels. Also you can check out some SNOT options as done on Imperial Flagship.

I'm looking forward to see pictures as you progress!

thank for the tips, i was trying to build a "one piece" (non modular) hull with some way to access the main gundeck and the upper deck. this time i'm forced myself not to build a 2 decks frigate :(

i've started to put down the floor with plates, building a "dummy" access downstairs, closed with black bricks in the front part of the gundeck and i'm planning to build an access upstairs in the back part between the main mast and the acces tho the captain room. my idea is to place columns on the gundeck to rise the upper deck and make the sides with plates covered by tiles, opening them "wing style".

i'll try to add some pics today...

just some question: the restrooms were really "rooms" or the sailors slept on the main gundeck? and the kitchen was in the lower deck? (in this case i haven't to build it...)

many thanks!!!

oook this is how i've built the main floor.. i've got all the tiles to cover it in reddish brown but i'm waiting the bricks for columns (i still don't know where to put them.

sdc10717.th.jpg

sdc10718e.th.jpg

(war against the redcoats!!)