Sign in to follow this  
Claus von Nassau

The Phoenix

After some time to rebuild it for the 4th time, i've got some bl orders and started building again.

credit for the checkers are for CGH and mr. Bonaparte. its a great techniqe to break the big blue side's wich alway's have been a problem.

advice and idea's are welcome.

claus

this is the last update for a wile, my wife has given birth to a lovley baby girl, for now i dont have the time to finish this project, perheps in time i can make some ajustments and continu building

sdc10993.jpg

2protostern_v4.jpg

phoenixwip1.jpg

phoenixwip2.jpg

phoenixwip3.jpg

Edited by Claus von Nassau

I actually think the blue and yellow looks rather nice when broken up a little by the checkers. Well done, stern looks great too, although perhaps you should revisit the line of the ship. It should be curved, not a flat V. If you look at real ships, they sort of flatten out a little at the lowest point of the curve. ou could do this by making the middle sections longer than 6 studs long.. :pir-classic:

Holy cow! That's alot of cannons!!

The color scheme I think will work nicely once done. Bricklink must love you!

Do you have all the pieces already or are you waiting on more.

I actually think the blue and yellow looks rather nice when broken up a little by the checkers. Well done, stern looks great too, although perhaps you should revisit the line of the ship. It should be curved, not a flat V. If you look at real ships, they sort of flatten out a little at the lowest point of the curve. ou could do this by making the middle sections longer than 6 studs long.. :pir-classic:

i've done that, but some how it did not look the way that i wanted it to look like. thanks for the compliment about the stern.

i'm still a few brick's short for the tumblehome and perhaps a few flag's for the gunports.

claus

Looks great, Checkers are awesome.

I imagine that she may cause a few sailors of attacking vessels to have some seizures on the high sea's. (I got a little dizzy scrolling down the page while looking at the pattern)

I always like very large ships, and this is no exception :pir-sweet:

The shape is turning out very good and the colours are also very original.

I think the stern could use some more different colours though, the blue and yellow become a bit overwhelming there (you could try some dark blue).

For the rest it's turning out very nicely. Are you also planning to make 'stairs' on the sides of the ship?

This looks way better than what you initially posted here. I really like the way you've broken up the blue sides :pir-classic:

This looks way better than what you initially posted here. I really like the way you've broken up the blue sides :pir-classic:

thank's for the compliment.

i've been studing the works of the master builders. i've have learned a few trick's from there work.

claus

I always like very large ships, and this is no exception :pir-sweet:

The shape is turning out very good and the colours are also very original.

I think the stern could use some more different colours though, the blue and yellow become a bit overwhelming there (you could try some dark blue).

For the rest it's turning out very nicely. Are you also planning to make 'stairs' on the sides of the ship?

thanks for the compliment and the advice i will try adding more color to the stern,

i would like making a stair on the side bud i have no idea, how to do that, i've been creating the tumblhome with 75 degree slope's so i have no place to attach them.

forgive me my poor english, i've not been using it for awile.

claus

I think she looks marvelous! I am not normally a big fan of the blue sides but you are pulling it off nicely. Best of luck with the rest of the build. I look forward to meeting you on the high seas :pir-skull:

Really nice ship. I like the way that you did the hull. It just looks so awsome and I like the gallery. I would try the make the window gallery a little more curved toward the front but, it isn't a big deal. Can't wait to see it completed and good luck. :pir-classic:

It makes me think of the coloured French ships in the beginning of the 18th century, blue and yellow. :pir-cry_happy: The tumblehome looks great, and the checkered stripes add a lot! Your stern also improved a lot, an excellent build!

Keep it up, it's going to be a fantastic ship! :thumbup:

thank you for all your compliment's

i've been working on the skelekton of the ship an i'am making some small thing's for the interior. and breaking my head over a goor way to create the bow, still no luck.

I think she looks marvelous! I am not normally a big fan of the blue sides but you are pulling it off nicely. Best of luck with the rest of the build. I look forward to meeting you on the high seas :pir-skull:

somebody has to take on that monster 3 decker your building :pir-tongue:

best of luck to your build of your armada

claus

Edited by Claus von Nassau

After alot of time, i've blown the dust of her, and started working on her again.

i am now trying to get the bow the way i want it but ist not very easy,

and still the stern doesn't seem to fit to the sides.

claus von nassau

Perhaps you can try and post some more pictures while you build, we might be able to give you some constructive feedback. :pir-wink:

my camera broke down, and the cam on my sellphone is not very good, but thanks for the advice i will certainly take more pictures while building and post them ofcourse

claus

don't get mad at me for bumping this,

but i really could use your help, i need some extra opinions about the stern, does it look good (the shape, detail's will be made ofcourse) iám not realy certain and would like some advice form you outher shipbuilders.

regards,

Claus

Your stern doesn't look bad, though there is room for improvement.

It looks a bit dull, here you have nice checkers along the sides, and then a little bit plain stern.

Making it more elaborate with some ornaments fitting the rest would already make it integrate better.

This also goes for the colourscheme, try to make it all fit together, rather then just having some blue and yellow here and there.

Lastly you could try and make the sides of the stern fit the sloping of the ships walls a bit better.

I hope that helps, best of luck! :thumbup:

I agree whit CBH, Joey made a couple of prototypes in LDD and i guess this stern prototype is kinda nice and you should try to make the stern as shown here:

LDDScreenShot171.png

LDDScreenShot173.png

And decorated version:

LDDScreenShot174.png

Here it i´s placed on the ship:

LDDScreenShot181.png

Hope this helps a bit

Captain Becker

Great work on the ship so far. Will it be string rigging? Or the plastic Lego. You did a really good job on the ships hull. From what I see it doesent look too narrow and tall.