AJW

MOC: Osterley London Underground Station

indexed.gif B-T-03D

Another model of a London Underground tube station. This time it's Osterley station on the Piccadilly line in West London.

Station designed by Stanley Heaps and opened in 1934:

6992820961_f0046a7f73_z.jpg

6992867207_13c48f2939_z.jpg

This is beautiful :wub: and AWESOME :grin: at the same time 'AJW', but the brown doors and curved windows are from where ? :look:

I've asked in the past, but please say you try for a Woolworth store next ? :sweet:

Keep them coming 'AJW' ! :grin:

I'm familiar with your other stations, and I've got to say this is up there amongst the best in terms of architectural design! Great job :thumbup:

Edited by prateek

Your creations are not for the purists as they involve modifying and painting, but my oh my does the end result look great :) I love the brickwork and the custom stickers.

Yes as others have said, the end result is fantastic.

The brickwork, custom stickers, and design is great. Also, how exactly did you make that curved window?

Blue Brick

I always enjoy seeing the tube stations you transform into LEGO, and while this is maybe a little smaller than some of your previous builds, it is of the same very high standard. It really (like the others) reflects the architectural style of stations built in that era, and I especially like the curved wall of the waiting room.

Really, really nicely done. :thumbup:

Thanks guys and gals for your kind words. I know it's a bit controversial painting and modifying parts, but what can you do if the parts you need to recreate a building don't exist? Well you have to improvise!

@Blue Brick - I regret to report that the curved window is a mangled part. It's one of these with the top cut off and some blue stickers applied to make a window frame:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=6059

6059.jpg?0

(Image from Bricklink)

Nevertheless, you modified some bricks to give this creation an extremely elegant look. It's an amazing creation, and when you're able to modify bricks to make them look like they're commonly produced, it's worth it (I'd probably ruined them). Also, the custum stickers give a great effect. Well done! :thumbup: