UPDATE ON PAGE 18! - New updated list

Over the years Lego has produced over 400 minifigure hair pieces. This thread collects everything about lego hair pieces, share your opinion here! Regarding: 

new hair molds;  new hair prints or colors;  hair pieces wishlist;  comparing new hair pieces with old versions; your favorite hair piece ever made; your top 5 hair pieces; your hair pieces collection; your latest purchase;  upcoming hair pieces; available hair pieces on bricks and pieces; licensed hair pieces; rare ones; new recolor; expensive hair pieces on bricklink; 

To make it easier I've made this list and divided it into many categories to have better overview:

- Male hair pieces

- Female hairpieces

- Elves hairpieces

- Hair-hat combos

- Beards and mustaches 

If I missed a hairpiece, please let me know in the comments down below.

33908466275_f2776f18bb_z_d.jpg33752024122_4a18d4a7e0_z_d.jpg33752025122_53059539ea_z_d.jpg33752025062_a8dd78d64d_z_d.jpg33908468045_f11ef713e9_z_d.jpg33752024792_c96a26ea55_z_d.jpg33752023512_c293b6bbd4_z_d.jpg33764184911_6d90f3367c_z_d.jpg33764178041_bde9f2f505_z_d.jpg33852588106_3bf69d0506_z_d.jpg33852587886_949d3d959c_z_d.jpg

33050159184_78b88dcbe3_z_d.jpg

33852587416_d8a90a6129_z_d.jpg

33852586996_e31e3edbb2_z_d.jpg33050158164_c7251e5231_z_d.jpg33852586646_c1348c5192_z_d.jpg

33852586216_b7d340eb17_z_d.jpg

33852586126_d32cc744dc_z_d.jpg33050157074_a11129e60d_z_d.jpg33908467275_e8c0e2646a_z_d.jpg

Edited by cebelicamya
new updated list on page 11!

Great montage! Maybe you should include the hat/hair combos such as the Viking woman's, witch's, cowgirl's, Olympian's, Athena's and king's. Also, what about beards and moustaches? Facial hair deserves loving too!

I think you might have missed the Friends and Elves hairpieces as well as some of the LotR/Hobbit ones.

My favourite hairpiece has to be the CMF elf's. It was the first elven hairpiece, something I had wanted for a long time.

There aren't any that I'm currently after. I have a wide variety of extras that I either got from sets (including CMFs) or through BrickLink.

I don't know what the rarest is. I imagine there are some in colours that were never officially released (I have a LEGO hat in a colour that in that combo never appeared in a set). I have a miscast caveman's hair/beard piece. It isn't cracked or broken or rough-edged, but does have chunks missing. I use it for a zombie pirate. I imagine that hairpiece is pretty rare.

Edited by AmperZand

Nice array! I am bald in real life so this is like torture. My favourite is the new Pete Venkman/12th Doctor Who hairpiece because you'd be surprised how many characters from film and TV have that receding hairline and haven't had a good approximation in Lego.

Great to see some appreciation for lego hair, the variety today compared to pre-sw era circa 1999 is astonishing. I remember you had about 2 male and two female hairs to choose from, now it's hard to keep track of them. I used to want to collect every known hair mold, but given up, as there must be others with the same idea driving prices out of reach.

Edited by Sven F

@amperzand

I recently noticed there that beside the regular elf hair und the werewolf brown version there is a third one with green ears. Did you know that? I have no idea what to do with this, but I thought I'd mention it here.

What an awesome, comprehensive list! Great job!

I'm also a collector, and I have almost every piece from that list - plus the elf- and goblin-eared ones, and the ones with the hair-beard and the hair-hat combos. :wink:

Out of the "pure" hair pieces, you seem to have forgotten at least these:

sw677.jpgsw306.giflor101.jpg

First fig is Rey from Star wars TFA

I can't find this one (from 79118) in your list:

6070306.jpg

One of the questions that I'd like to ask: where is the chrome silver hairpiece from?

Edit:

Also these:

6062935.jpg

16691pb02.jpg?1 (everything is awesome edition TLM box)

6032388.jpg (79110)

Edited by Exetrius

Who is the first fig?

Wardancer, under the relatively safe assumption that you are referring to Sandy's post, the figure you are referring to is Rey, the protagonist from Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens.

:)

Great montage! Maybe you should include the hat/hair combos such as the Viking woman's, witch's, cowgirl's, Olympian's, Athena's and king's. Also, what about beards and moustaches? Facial hair deserves loving too!

I think you might have missed the Friends and Elves hairpieces as well as some of the LotR/Hobbit ones.

My favourite hairpiece has to be the CMF elf's. It was the first elven hairpiece, something I had wanted for a long time.

There aren't any that I'm currently after. I have a wide variety of extras that I either got from sets (including CMFs) or through BrickLink.

I don't know what the rarest is. I imagine there are some in colours that were never officially released (I have a LEGO hat in a colour that in that combo never appeared in a set). I have a miscast caveman's hair/beard piece. It isn't cracked or broken or rough-edged, but does have chunks missing. I use it for a zombie pirate. I imagine that hairpiece is pretty rare.

Yes I did miss elves hairpieces, just because I thought they do not belong in this "pure" hair category, because of the elvish ears attached. I am currently collecting all the "pure" hair pieces, if I included hair/hat combo pieces I woul have gone broke. Already collecting all these is such a pain in the **, imagine if I added more. The most difficult ones are the pieces which came only in one minifigure, for example belatrix from HP or Robot guy from Lego Movie polybag. Ohh.. still so many years ahead of me collecting this things .. sigh

Since seeing your comment, I will now probably make a new list with elves, star wars and beards pieces.

What an awesome, comprehensive list! Great job!

I'm also a collector, and I have almost every piece from that list - plus the elf- and goblin-eared ones, and the ones with the hair-beard and the hair-hat combos. :wink:

Oh I ony wish to have every piece from my list. Now I envy you ;) Thanx for reminding me I've forgotten star wars hair pieces.

One of the questions that I'd like to ask: where is the chrome silver hairpiece from?

I don't actually know where the silver headpiece is from, I actually searched for it on bricklink and diddn't find any information about it.

Edited by cebelicamya

Wow, that's really quite amazing to see them all together like that! Good job!

I just wish that whenever TLG made a new hairpiece that they'd try to bring it out in a range of useful colours. Even just as random people in the City range or something, after all you can never have too many options!

Personally I'd love to have element 88283 in tan (brick yellow):

http://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/catalogitem.page?P=88283&idColor=103#T=C&C=103

In the first picture, second line, where is the silver "Agent Chase" hair from? :wacko:

I don' t know either. I was searching for it and looking in bricklink to find a set, but diddn't find any info. I think it is probably brickforge, so now I will remove it from my list ;)

By the way I love your videos on youtube Just2Good

Edited by cebelicamya

I don' t know either. I was searching for it and looking in bricklink to find a set, but diddn't find any info. I think it is probably brickforge, so now I will remove it from my list ;)

i guess it's from chromebrick.

http://www.bricklink...?p=ChromeBricks

thx for putting so much effort to create that list. you got almost every hairpierce covered. i miss 5 from the elves line :

19202pb01.jpg

http://alpha.brickli...r=154#T=C&C=154

19204pb01.jpg

http://alpha.brickli...lor=59#T=C&C=59

19201pb01.jpg

http://alpha.brickli...r=152#T=C&C=152

19203pb01.jpg

http://alpha.brickli...r=120#T=C&C=120

(and the dark orange color variant)

and the other color variants of the straight long elvish hair ( bright yellow, reddish brown).

are you going to update the list with all the hair/hat combos?

13761pb01.jpg?1

http://www.bricklink...13761pb01.jpg?1

13748pb01.jpg

http://alpha.brickli...lor=11#T=C&C=11

I remember when there only like 2 hairpieces for female minifigures: the first ponytail and the CMF S8 Thespian hair

Oh memories...

Hairpieces are like, my second favorite LEGO part besides minifigure heads. Thanks for taking the effort to compile this- forgot to say that before!

Thank you!

You have double counted the "elvis" style hair for Egon Spengler. You have it on his head, but also higher up with the black and flesh versions.

You have double counted the "elvis" style hair for Egon Spengler. You have it on his head, but also higher up with the black and flesh versions.

I though he has different color, maybe reddish brown!? It just looks lighter to me than the dark brown you noticed higher up on the list. I'll have to wait for the headquarters set to confirm this. But maybe you are right and it is the same color.

Hairpieces are like, my second favorite LEGO part besides minifigure heads. Thanks for taking the effort to compile this- forgot to say that before!

Thank you!

Thanx!

I just wish that in the near future the list would consits of similar pictures, because now it looks a little bit disorganized, because of the different head colors and some tlg pictures I've added at the end.

Edited by cebelicamya

Most impressive!

I have a question, though it's more about the grouping than actual missing pieces:

It looks like you've combined close colors, like old gray vs bluish gray; when there's a pink multiplier, it indicates that there were other very similar colors of that mold, with the number meaning the number of shades that exist but aren't pictured.

What I'm unclear on is that in some places, like 3901 (classic male hair), you've lumped together Reddish Brown and Dark Brown, but in other places, you've included both shades separately, like 88283 (barbarian hair) and 18227 (new female ponytail). Is there a reason for that?

No special reason, it must have happened when I was arranging pictures with my thumps on my ipad. When I add new pictures everything changes a little bit and sometimes I forget to re-arrange the columms that are at the top of the list. I actually noticed it too, when I added the list on this forum and it kinda bothered me, but diddn't have time to fix it yet.

Edited by cebelicamya

By the way I just realized nobody noticed I missed this one too:

post-143756-0-72593900-1448918371.jpg

Edited by cebelicamya