Rinzler

Lego Super Heroes: Old VS New

I want to know about what you think about which line did a better job. This compares the Super Heroes sets with their look-a-like counterparts, your options are

DC:

7779 The Batman Dragster: Catwoman Pursuit VS 6858 Catwoman Cycle City Chase

7780 The Batboat: The Hunt For Killer Croc VS 76000 Batman: Arctic Batman VS Mr Freeze: Aquaman On Ice

7781 The Batmobile: Two-Face's Escape VS 6864 Batmobile and the Two-Face Chase

7782 The Batwing: Joker's Aerial Assault VS 6863 Batwing Battle Over Gotham

7783 The Batcave: The Penguin and Mr Freeze's Invasion VS 6860 The Batcave

7785 Arkham Asylum VS 10937 Arkham Asylum Breakout

7786 The Batcopter: The Chase For Scarecrow VS 76011 Batman: Man-Bat Attack

Marvel

6868 Hulk's Hellicarrier Breakout VS 76018 Hulk Lab Smash

The choice is yours

The first one I think 6858 Catwoman Cycle City Chase, because I don't know what to think of the Dragster.

The latest Catwoman set was small, but a nice addition to every other Superhero or City set.

Just a minor suggestion, but why not count the current Bank Tuck Heist Spidey set and the old one? Both include Spidey, Doc Ock and a bank truck.

Hulk Lab Smash contains a much cooler selection of minifigures. However, I prefer the Hulk from Helicarrier Breakout with his open mouth roar and brown pants.

The Helicarrier Breakout has a nice Jet. I used the computers and other equipment from that set in a SHIELD Base I created last year.

I don't have the Hulk lab smash yet, but it looks great.

Just a minor suggestion, but why not count the current Bank Tuck Heist Spidey set and the old one? Both include Spidey, Doc Ock and a bank truck.

Actually the 2004 set contained a bank, not a truck. But while searching, I did notice one that I had missed

4856 Doc Ock's Hideout VS 6873 Spider-Man's Doc Ock Ambush

Well, I can only comment on one that I have both sets of.......the Hulk breakout sets.

The first came with a jet, though the second comes with two AWESOME figures........I would say equal.

I can't comment on the other Marvel and DC sets because I only have the recent series of sets......all of them ! :grin:

I agree. The first batcave was better. I like the transformation (Bruce into Batman) though.

The Arctic Batman vs. Mr. Freeze is better than the old one. Killer Croc is great with his watercraft is great.

The old Batboat has less shape.

I too, only have all the new ones a I wasn't a FOL back when the older sets were available. From what I can tell from reviews and such, the new ones are better, especially the DC ones.

Not too sure about the Marvel Spider-Man ones, though. :hmpf_bad:

Do you mean the old Spider-man sets? Were the Spider-man series a succes?

The Batwing of the old series had more shape, but was big. The new (first) batwing was more on minifig scale.

The helicopter of the Joker is more streamlined in the new series.

The Joker's helicopter was much better in the 2006 set.

The newer Arkham is better, but I wish it had more cells. :hmpf_bad:

The Joker's helicopter was much better in the 2006 set.

The newer Arkham is better, but I wish it had more cells. :hmpf_bad:

I'm glad someone mentioned this. Even though I don't own either Arkham, I'm feeling kind of weird about buying something that'll only keep 3 baddes away.

The first version of Arkham Asylum had 6 cells. It wasn't a bad set at all.

The new one has more style and details.

and a lack op cells.

I want to know about what you think about which line did a better job. This compares the Super Heroes sets with their look-a-like counterparts, your options are

DC:

7779 The Batman Dragster: Catwoman Pursuit VS 6858 Catwoman Cycle City Chase

7780 The Batboat: The Hunt For Killer Croc VS 76000 Batman: Arctic Batman VS Mr Freeze: Aquaman On Ice

7781 The Batmobile: Two-Face's Escape VS 6864 Batmobile and the Two-Face Chase

7782 The Batwing: Joker's Aerial Assault VS 6863 Batwing Battle Over Gotham

7783 The Batcave: The Penguin and Mr Freeze's Invasion VS 6860 The Batcave

7785 Arkham Asylum VS 10937 Arkham Asylum Breakout

7786 The Batcopter: The Chase For Scarecrow VS 76011 Batman: Man-Bat Attack

Marvel

6868 Hulk's Hellicarrier Breakout VS 76018 Hulk Lab Smash

The choice is yours

1) Dragster, because it was cheaper. Yeah, no. :tongue: Definitely the newer one because of the nice quality and assortment of parts.

2) Hunt for Killer Croc. Not that the new set isn't bad, but there was definitely a lot more playability with the first. I loved the mini boat that could be detached from the main boat, and that set came with nice minifigures. Also, the other set has Aquaman. To be fair, he is a pretty sweet fig though, and him and the fact that you get a nice Mr. Freeze fig are what bring it close to being neck-to-neck.

3) Original Batmobile chase. Orange and Purple? Why??

4)Original Aerial Battle. Even though it was more expensive, it was a much better set, with more playability. Although the new Joker copter is cool with that laughing face bomb, the old one had better features like the pop-out cannons that could be folded in again and the fact that you actually had something to aim at with the Batwing's rocket (the ladder piece that you were supposed to hit to knock the Joker off).

5) Oooh, this one's a toughie. I'm actually going to go with the new one. You get a great selection of figs and a really good assortment of rare and hard to find pieces, and it's only half the cost of the original. Though to be fair, it's another neck-and-neck because the original has Alfred and you got a big vehicle rather than a motorcycle.

6) The new one by a long-shot. Though the old one comes with Night-wing, but the new one... still...

7) I can't really choose either. They're both great in their own respects. No winner for me here.

MARVEL

As a comic book fan I'm pretty biased towards the new lab smash, but the one from The Avengers movie is pretty good too. Just... not as good as the new one :tongue:

I never got the chance to get any of the old Super Heroes sets, though I have seen the pictures. For those sets with counterparts released in the new line, the sets in the new line are - for the most part - superior to their predecessors. I can't think of specific examples right now, but I can say that there are a few of the older counterparts which are better than their "replacements".