maydayartist

Big medieval landscape: BIG UPDATE on page 26

Hi everyone,

I stop buying at ebay and now after sort, clean and bleach all of my Lego I decided to build a new big project similar to my old castle/village (not public on EB) or the island (public in EB).

But the new one should need all of the "interesting" colours/parts. First of all the plate should have a good size. I think 1,8 m x 1,2 m is a good size.

More would be to big for my Lego room :laugh: The baseplates (btw all of mine) show the way of the river in broad terms.

img_6153.jpg

To handle the parts and reach every place for details the plate is devided in six chapters.

img_6154.jpg

I know that this would be a long build, so I decided to update the progress when it is time to show new steps.

I can´t wait to present the ready build, it could take toooo long :blush:

The whole build >>should<< contain a little village, a little forest and a castle. Hm, maybe the baseplate could be bigger?! We will see.

The first step is called: Chapter One; and start with a river, sand and gras, but it´s not complete so please be patient :classic:

img_6227.jpg

WIP

img_6233.jpg

I will try to update right in time! :sweet:

Edited by maydayartist

I think this is going to be my favourite thread. I have never built anything like this so to be able to watch how your gradually build is going to be very interesting and educational.

Thanks for sharing and keep it up :classic:

D

Looks exstremly promising! It would be even better if it would be one big MOC (Not those chaopters). But this is still very impressive project. I love the size of this, and those chapters are gonna be minisized? Because of the lack of space and looking the first chapters paths it looks like it. Keep it up and keep us updated

Captain Becker

Wow! If only I had the size for a set-up like that!

Good luck and I'm eagerly awaiting to see the progress of this.

I love seeing these "developing" Diaromas, it really lets you appreciate all the work that goes in it. Cannot wait to see this finished! Looks beautiful so far :thumbup::classic:

This looks great! Looking forward to seeing it as it progresses. :sweet:

I also can't wait to see the final result. It will be awesome to watch how this big project progresses... :classic:

Wow i am envious of your vast part resources! :wink:

I think this is a great idea, i have not seen on of these giant scenes built from the ground up before so I am interested to see how it all turns out at the end. Even though you say it's early on it already looks better than 90% of the MOC's I see on MOC sites! Can't wait for the updates, keep them coming. :thumbup:

The whole build >>should<< contain a little village, a little forest and a castle. Hm, maybe the baseplate could be bigger?! We will see.

I really like your ambition! The idea of a village and a forest sounds great, but I'm not sure you have enough to include a proper castle. Might I suggest a large manor house, town hall or church as possible alternate focal points. If you were to add a castle, I think you might want to add another two sections to give the castle some weight (and size). Whatever you choose to do, this project has amazing potential. Good luck!

HOLY MOLEY! I can't wait too see this thing finished. Shoot I can't wait just to see the progress!

Wow this landscape is gonna be epic¡

Hope as the others to see it when its finished.

Look's like this is going to be epic, even the just the basic landscaping looks good.

Looks promising. The first pictures look very edgy so it's nice to see the contrast with the small part where you made more elevation.

I can't wait to see the full layout with elevation and buildings and stuff :classic:

default_oh3.gif

Wow, that's huge! I really like that you're posting WIP pics, so that MOCing noobs like me can see how something this gigantic is done. It looks promising so far, I could probably learn a thing or two just by looking at the terrain and landscaping.

I'll follow this with much interest.

A promising project indeed, the layout is already looking great with the positioning of the water and terrains. Knowing your expertise, this is something that's going to be epic that we'll all look forward to. :sweet:

Hi, I like how you've shown erosion on the sides of the river, this is definately gonna take forever but I bet the final result will be fantastic :thumbup:

Thats gonna be pretty big! You have certainly set yourself a big task task. It will be nice to see the updates as this comes along. The river looks good, although it might be worth adding some brown to the tan as it will give it more texture. I would love to build something this big but I just havn't got the patience at the moment. Good luck, I look forward to seeing this come together as I know you will do a good job.

First of all I have to say thank you to all the hopefull wishes and the great replies.

Pushed with all these and with my workfree day I finished the gross terrain build.

Looks exstremly promising! It would be even better if it would be one big MOC (Not those chaopters)...

That would be a much more Wow effect, I know. But for myself I´m very excited to show you this and I can´t wait for the end :sweet:

I really like your ambition! The idea of a village and a forest sounds great, but I'm not sure you have enough to include a proper castle. Might I suggest a large manor house, town hall or church as possible alternate focal points. If you were to add a castle, I think you might want to add another two sections to give the castle some weight (and size). Whatever you choose to do, this project has amazing potential. Good luck!

Yep you´re right about that but the castle what comes up to my mind should be a new version of my "very old castle" out of my brickshelf folder.

It was a hilltop design on the big grey baseplate, so it should find a place on one chapter.

...The river looks good, although it might be worth adding some brown to the tan as it will give it more texture. ...

You are at the right way to what I planed for details on that. There will be more nice details but not shown in this early stadium :devil:

Ok now it is time for a few more pictures.

One detail to show what could be taken to build the street. The ugly high bricks will fit in no other structure so it is perfect to form the path.

img_6246.jpg

An eagle eye view.

img_6247.jpg

And the view to see the growing landscape.

img_6248.jpg

Looks great so far. Unfortunatly, this has inspired me to get around to trying to make my own landscape sort of thing (It's only unfortunate because I am trying to sort my parts right now...) :laugh: